**Official Rangers v Fraserburgh Match Thread**

BridgeIsBlue

Selection of comments from their skipper in the daily retard:

"We don’t change our preparations, no matter what we’re up against.

“Kebab shops, chip shops and Chinese takeaways … it’s just been the exact same as normal.

We trained on Monday and Wednesday with a meeting on Thursday night with the manager, just to go through a few things like tactics and formations.

“On Saturday, I think we’re coming in for a light session to get everybody on their toes and hopefully calm the nerves that will probably be there.

“Other than that, it is no different from facing Forres Mechanics, Wick Academy or Inverurie Locos.

“They’re going to be playing against guys who are sparkies and plumbers.

"Rangers won’t enjoying coming up to this pitch. We’re hoping that the weather is absolutely horrible, with a scrubby pitch and a howling gale. 

I’m hoping it’ll be absolutely freezing. Everything we need to help us – the weather, the crowd, the decisions, - if it’s luck, so be it. We need everything to go our way on that day if we’ve to have any chance of getting any result.

"Rangers are one of the biggest clubs, not just in Scotland or the UK, but in the world. A lot of people across the world will be watching the game.

We’ve been keeping our eye on the transfer window because Rangers have been moving for quite a few players.

“Jason Cummings is among the latest ones in, so we could be up against him.

“It’s a big game for us, but it’s a big game for Rangers as well because they’re under pressure to win the Cup.

“They’ve got to show they are buying players who suit their style and can bring the club forward.

“We’ve got to enjoy the game on Sunday.

“We’re under no illusions: it’s a huge ask for us to get anything from the game.

“The expectations are that we’re going to get beat, and get beat convincingly, so we’ve got to make sure we’ve prepared properly, and just give it everything we’ve got."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Pennywise said:

The snow is absolutely horrendous up that way just now. Fingers and toes crossed this is on.

I was up at Forres yesterday evening and it was fine. The forecast for Fraserburgh for Sunday is rain. No snow forecast for Saturday so may well be OK.

14 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

I was up at Forres yesterday evening and it was fine. The forecast for Fraserburgh for Sunday is rain. No snow forecast for Saturday so may well be OK.

Ah sorry. I was up in the highlands a few days ago and the snow was crazy. Assumed it was similar further north.

19 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Ah sorry. I was up in the highlands a few days ago and the snow was crazy. Assumed it was similar further north.

The sea winds usually mean they don't get much snow, and it's not that heavy when they do.

The low is -1 degrees Saturday and Sunday, fingers crossed it's fine.

On 1/16/2018 at 13:01, james_85 said:

Before the old firm game i had concerns about us going up there and making it look hard, maby scraping a 1-0 or something but since that performance and the transfer window we have had i am expecting them to make it look easy and hopefully take 5 or 6 off of them

yes id say so too at least 4-0 anyways im thinking

Archived