Welcome to Rangers Russell Martin

Lloyd

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he may be a decent signing ... when I first heard about it felt a bit underwhelemed and remember him being shite every time he's played for Scotland but I thought the same about Weir for Scotland and he was grand likewise Berra recently and he's been decent for Hearts so I think he'll do a job for us ... whereas I'm not happy about Murphy and Cummings being loans (felt we should have just stumped up on them) a loan is sensible for someone like Martin here as he's a bit more risky.

But I think he will do a job overall. 

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

No-one really gets buzzing about defenders but this guy will give us 100% every week which is better than a half arsed Alves. 

I remember people saying similar things when Alves signed. Let's just wait until we see him playing first.

Actually quite pleased about this signing. He always seemed solid enough when playing for Scotland and has plenty experience and a strong character obviously having been captain for years. 

Gives us plenty options in central defence now, not to mention a step up in quality for right back cover (no more Hodson).

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

They honestly aren't mate. 

Good. Hopefully they don't spend a penny more this window, underestimate us, and hit a downturn with plenty injuries whilst we use our improved squad to go from strength to strength. I really hope they are laughing at us and complacently counting down days til they can celebrate their guaranteed treble.

Never been impressed with him when I've seen him for Scotland. However, a good team needs lots of things, and he's supposedly a leader, which is one of the things that this team needs.

We shall see...

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

Bomb scare for Scotland. Be very surprised if he's any better than Bates who has yet to let us down. Sure he is also a tim which doesn't help i guess! 

Bates has been doing well under Murty but people are starting to get romantics notions of him and short memories of games like Progres away and previous celtic game .. he's a long, long way to go people get severly carried away but his form has been good under Murty for the most part - likewise Wilson.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Bates has been doing well under Murty but people are starting to get romantics notions of him and short memories of games like Progres away and previous celtic game .. he's a long, long way to go people get severly carried away but his form has been good under Murty for the most part - likewise Wilson.

If i'm being honest, i think the big man is shite mate. He's never going to make it here. Danny Wilson is my type of centre back. 

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Never been impressed with him when I've seen him for Scotland. However, a good team needs lots of things, and he's supposedly a leader, which is one of the things that this team needs.

We shall see...

He is surrounded by numpties in the Scotland squad in defence and midfield and playing against decent European and World teams. 

Whilst we are not world beaters... Murphy has a few decent players, will try varied formations, will not be like Strachan and play Taigs in his team, and wont be playing top class opposition.

This is a sensible move IMO.