Lloyd

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Why do we compare every older defender we sign to Davie Weir?

None of them have ever ended up being anything like him either 

Underwhelming signing. Scottish. A bit older. Not really played up here. Internationalist. EPL experience. Last big move.....

No idea why we compare the signings.

The fact most said they'd love him to be as successful is because he's right up there with bargain deals that turned out exceptionally well and we'd love RH to get even close to that success. Why not hope a player turns out as successful?

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

ha Waghorn started just about every game from xmas last year and couldnt hit a coo in the arse. Moves away then cant stop fucking scoring.

Ach I know. I just think at Rangers we have a habit of persisting with folk that are shite at the expense of others that aren' t given a fair chance, then they leave and do better elsewhere. Hardie will be next (not saying world beater ). Some right shite here (favourites ) get an awful lot of chances ccmpared to others who seem to deserve a chance/ run but never get it.

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

His performances for Scotland have been nowhere near as bad as suggested on here - been a decent amount of clean sheets and not against cannon fodder either, against sides like Croatia twice, Czech Rep, Norway, Ireland and Poland.

Decent defender who has experience in the PL and could be a very good signing. He's only 32, still got 3-4 years in him especially at this level. 

Same, never felt he's looked dodgy playing for Scotland. If it was Hanley we were signing id be sad.

11 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

:tu: Everywhere I've read has said 2019 including their official site and numerous bloggers.

But people keep saying he's out of contract this summer.

I think they'd probably let him go for free anyway to get him off the wage bill but always a chance they just loan him out next year again too.

6 minutes ago, MasterD said:

:tu: Everywhere I've read has said 2019 including their official site and numerous bloggers.

But people keep saying he's out of contract this summer.

I think they'd probably let him go for free anyway to get him off the wage bill but always a chance they just loan him out next year again too.

Too many loan deals are probably confusing folk imo.

Not surprising given we don't genuinely know the detail of what will happen in the summer with each of them.

1 hour ago, JR said:

I’m sure both parties have the option to extend in the summer to 2019. He’s here and I guess that means the extension wont be taken up and he’s free to leave (Norwich) in the summer. 

Is that based on anything other than speculation?

Four loan signings does not excite me one bit. And the fact these players arent first picks at the likes of norwich and brighton , nottingham forest has alarm bells ringing. 

Hopefully wrong but these english lower league fringe players seem a lot like warburtons type. 

Grateful they are loans though , so for once no risks that lead to pay offs. 

This forum is far too optimistic, and the ammo for the fenians will be terrible. 

33 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Is that based on anything other than speculation?

Purely speculation bud, I was told that the “hold up” that Martin refers to in getting this deal done was nullifying that part of his Norwich contract. I have nothing to back that up, as it was only verbal but it would seem to fit with most of the speculation. 

The only thing I’m convinced of is that he wont return to Norwich in the summer. If he doesn’t remain with us he’ll go elsewhere. 

32 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

Four loan signings does not excite me one bit. And the fact these players arent first picks at the likes of norwich and brighton , nottingham forest has alarm bells ringing. 

Hopefully wrong but these english lower league fringe players seem a lot like warburtons type. 

Grateful they are loans though , so for once no risks that lead to pay offs. 

This forum is far too optimistic, and the ammo for the fenians will be terrible. 

giphy.gif.ff4c4a1a658d3f65e1929b8efa8d4ded.gif