Murty Talks About Cummings

NeoGeo7

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

To be honest I think this is the case but Murty seems happy with it as are all our support - I don't think I've seen one comment from any fan online or anyone I've spoke to that is unhappy with this signing and I include myself in that.

Having watched it Murty seems delighted with the signing.

Watched the video interview with Cummings too was surprised at it in a good way - never had him down as a Rangers supporter or someone who felt that way about our club ... if I'm being even more honest he's the type of guy I'd expect to see on Twitter after a celtic pumping saying haha sevco or something like that so was plesantly surprised to hear his comments.

Especially liked the part about after 6-months would you want to stay here and it was a resounding yes right off the bat.

Aye. I have no issue with it. Think he might become a permanent and if so a star. Just dont think its Murtys decision. If it was the timing would have been different.

4 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Are not worth talking about.

Missed Advocate from my original list. Small oversight.

How was Greig as a Rangers manager?

Was their apparent silence about signings in any way down to levels of social media? Ie how the mojo signing never revealed until he walked into the room?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How was Greig as a Rangers manager?

Was their never talking about signings in any way down to levels of social media? Ie how the mojo signing never revealed until he walked into the room?

Greig was the wrong choice.

No there wasnt and today there is no need. The media cannot force anyone to talk.

As for MoJo his friends didnt know what he was about to do.

8 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Greig was the wrong choice.

No there wasnt and today there is no need. The media cannot force anyone to talk.

As for MoJo his friends didnt know what he was about to do.

So delete him from your list. Ignore every one after McLeish who started with world class players?

Completely disregard social media in the context of managers talking about players 20 years ago compared to nowadays.

Cool story old Bob.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So delete him from your list. Ignore every one after McLeish who started with world class players.

Completely disregard social media in the context of managers talking about players 20 years ago compared to nowadays.

Cool story old Bob.

And how has that anything to do with Murty talking about a player who was handed to him?

7 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

And how has that anything to do with Murty talking about a player who was handed to him?

Prove he was handed to him.

Your ire about recent Rangers managers talking about signings included a manager you accept to be poor, and disregarded the fact that every manager you spoke of had UEFA cup winning players or world class players. That and the fact that social media means nowadays every move is discussed and disected in full detail.

Back to you...

31 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Like Wallace, Greig, Souness, Smith, McLeish. Never heard them talk like that.

TBH they rarely had to deal with even a fraction of the press conferences that current managers are subjected to which kind of invalidates the comparison.  

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Prove he was handed to him.

Your ire about recent Rangers managers talking about signings included a manager you accept to be poor, and disregarded the fact that every manager you spoke of had UEFA cup winning players of world class players. That and the fact that social media means nowadays every move is discussed and disected in full detail.

Back to you...

His comments suggest he was handed him. My opinion , Petrocelli.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

TBH they rarely had to deal with even a fraction of the press conferences that current managers are subjected to which kind of invalidates the comparison.  

I like the way Murty talks in the press. I find his personality infextious unlike people like McCoist, Warburton and Pedro that made me want to put my glass through the telly everytime they spoke.

Just now, cstamomusa said:

No way, can't stand that ugly, smug wee bastard.   

just wait till he scores against the taigs, I predict you may change your opinion.  We need a bit of Baxter / Gazza style swagger back in the team, hopefully the 'smug wee bastard' might bring that.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

just wait till he scores against the taigs, I predict you may change your opinion.  We need a bit of Baxter / Gazza style swagger back in the team, hopefully the 'smug wee bastard' might bring that.

I might scale back from hate to strongly dislike but I don't think I could look at him as a true Ranger.