• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He says on one hand "it defo didn't" then a few seconds later "I don't believe"

I like Edgar, but what's it to be?

Aberdeen would knock back Goss, Murphy, Martin and Cummings? 

Was the supposed list not posted on here a while back anyway? 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aberdeen would knock back Goss, Murphy, Martin and Cummings? 

Was the supposed list not posted on here a while back anyway? 

It's getting talked about in another thread and I've just said the same thing that it's probably hyperbole that even the half on the list which I'm assuming he would have been refering to like Goss, Martin, John and the possibility of Docherty, Jones, Hendry would have been an exaggerated way of saying I don't want these guys for Rangers we need a higher caliber and I'd agree with that completely.

You need to remember that Edgar has sources within Ibrox who are close to everything that goes on deal-wise and I'd trust Brian Reid over anything from anyone at Rangers relating to the deal would put out there to people like Edgar - they are nothing but lying bastards calling the shots at our club and people seem to forget that when it suits their view point and remember it when it comes to other stuff.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's getting talked about in another thread and I've just said the same thing that it's probably hyperbole that even the half on the list which I'm assuming he would have been refering to like Goss, Martin, John and the possibility of Docherty, Jones, Hendry would have been an exaggerated way of saying I don't want these guys for Rangers we need a higher caliber and I'd agree with that completely.

You need to remember that Edgar has sources within Ibrox who are close to everything that goes on deal-wise and I'd trust Brian Reid over anything from anyone at Rangers relating to the deal would put out there to people like Edgar - they are nothing but lying bastards calling the shots at our club and people seem to forget that when it suits their view point and remember it when it comes to other stuff.

I get where you're coming from and agree that there are people inside Ibrox who would obviously want to make it out as though the McInnes debacle wasn't poorly handed from the beginning etc. 

But that story of him seeing a list of players and saying he wouldn't sign them for Aberdeen never mind Rangers has never made sense from the beginning imo. 

Also what other thread is this being talked about I haven't seen it anywhere. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I get where you're coming from and agree that there are people inside Ibrox who would obviously want to make it out as though the McInnes debacle wasn't poorly handed from the beginning etc. 

But that story of him seeing a list of players and saying he wouldn't sign them for Aberdeen never mind Rangers has never made sense from the beginning imo. 

Also what other thread is this being talked about I haven't seen it anywhere. 

Why wouldn't that make sense considering Mark Allan has said on record he's drew up a list of transfer targets he thinks fits our remit for January and Murty has final say on them? I'm baffled people think it's such a far off idea when you put pieces together.

Don't get me wrong I totally get people that say it's McInnes' best mate putting it out there to save face for his pal, that's a perfectly valid thought if that's what you believe but I'm amazed that people even to this day under-estimate the people pulling the strings at our club could never fuck up a McInnes deal by putting a list of sub-standard players to him.

Where I side with the ones who take issue with McInnes, is that, that shouldn't have stopped the big lifelong Rangers man from taking his so-called dream job. He should have put the list to the back of his mind, took the dream job and came back to the list later on and made a case for it being a lot of shite or get a string of wins under his belt, the Rangers support onside and go public regarding the transfer dealings while his stocks high the exact same way Jansen did with the celtic support after he stopped 10 in a row. 

We are slowly but surely on our way back under Murty - although I think we need a hell of a lot more than Goss, Martin, Docherty, Jones, Hendry and that kid from West Brom to win the league from celtic but pretty soon Aberdeen will be back in their normal place and McInnes will be sat up there thinking "what if" and fuck him - he's only himself to blame.

The people in charge of our club fucked up the McInnes move, however McInnes let them. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Why wouldn't that make sense considering Mark Allan has said on record he's drew up a list of transfer targets he thinks fits our remit for January and Murty has final say on them? I'm baffled people think it's such a far off idea when you put pieces together.

Don't get me wrong I totally get people that say it's McInnes' best mate putting it out there to save face for his pal, that's a perfectly valid thought if that's what you believe but I'm amazed that people even to this day under-estimate the people pulling the strings at our club could never fuck up a McInnes deal by putting a list of sub-standard players to him.

Where I side with the ones who take issue with McInnes is that that shouldn't have stopped the big lifelong Rangers man from taking his so-called dream job. He should have put the list to the back of his mind, took the dream job and came back to the list later on and made a case for it being a lot of shite or get a string of wins under his belt, the Rangers support onside and go public regarding the transfer dealings while his stocks high the exact same way Jansen did with the celtic support after he stopped 10 in a row. 

I think the whole mess was a mixture of both McInnes and the board making an arse of it tbh, you'll know that I've been a huge critic of the board over the last year and a bit and it's got to the point where I've said I won't go back to Ibrox until King is away though the latest signings have kind of swayed me back a bit. 

I can see and understand both sides of the story considering all the evidence that's there. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

I think the whole mess was a mixture of both McInnes and the board making an arse of it tbh, you'll know that I've been a huge critic of the board over the last year and a bit and it's got to the point where I've said I won't go back to Ibrox until King is away though the latest signings have kind of swayed me back a bit. 

I can see and understand both sides of the story considering all the evidence that's there. 

Yes it's a mixture of both as I said in my edited posted above - the board fucked up the McInnes' appointment but McInnes' also let them.

I'll never forgive either of them for making me embarrassed beyond description for it when it should have been a routine appointment but the difference is the board will have several chances to make it upto me/us and redeem themselves ... McInnes' won't - his chance has been and walked away instead of having the balls to take his dream job and challenge them later on any transfer targets he thought was sub-standard ...unforgivable from both parties and as usual it's the fans that suffer AGAIN.

13 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

This episode can be compressed into 3 words - McInnes shat it 

100% , you get one chance at this life and for McInnes to knock back the Rangers job is astonishing. That he got no heat from the media for staying in his pipe and slippers was very odd .

I will always believe what the Sheep and Rangers have said in this  

the stuff floating around like a “list” and corridor deals is made up by people so desperate to get mcinnes in they will fabricate shite to make it stick  

why is it simply not the case that Rangers asked the sheep for permission to speak, the Sheep said no - mcinnes was asked to take two days off to consider things with his family and he shat it from an overwhelming job. 

There’s nothing more to it  

simples 

No matter the rights and wrongs, the truths, half truths and the lies on both sides, it was and remains an embarassing clusterfuck.

Well time to move on and best forget that it ever happened, as raking over the ashes of that sorry affair, when the truth is still unknown, is just adding insult to injury.

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

This episode can be compressed into 3 words - McInnes shat it 

I don’t see how it could be taken any other way tbh. 

Havjng a list of players drawn up that you don’t like means fuck all when ultimately, you get the final say anyway.

if he wasn’t happy with the players, grow a set of fucking balls and get the list changed to what you think is required.

By shying away from such a basic concept, it just confirmed to me that McInnes didn’t have the bottle for the job, he would’ve been out of his depth and he knew that. 

Frankly, I’m happy he didn’t take the job, I didn’t think he had what it takes at the time, and on the plus side, now we get to watch the sheep staggers be put in their place.

1 minute ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

I don’t see how it could be taken any other way tbh. 

Havjng a list of players drawn up that you don’t like means fuck all when ultimately, you get the final say anyway.

if he wasn’t happy with the players, grow a set of fucking balls and get the list changed to what you think is required.

By shying away from such a basic concept, it just confirmed to me that McInnes didn’t have the bottle for the job, he would’ve been out of his depth and he knew that. 

Frankly, I’m happy he didn’t take the job, I didn’t think he had what it takes at the time, and on the plus side, now we get to watch the sheep staggers be put in their place.

you say that you don't see how it could be taken any other way but go on about this fanciful magical list. did you listen to the podcast?

To be honest, if the board had more credibility, rumours such as this 'list' wouldn't be entertained.

That being said, I just don't believe it, I never have. 

To me, McInnes's best mate put out a story to help take some of the heat from his best mate. Whether McInnes knew about it or not before hand, I have no idea. 

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

the stuff floating around like a “list” and corridor deals is made up by people so desperate to get mcinnes in they will fabricate shite to make it stick  

why is it simply not the case that Rangers asked the sheep for permission to speak, the Sheep said no - mcinnes was asked to take two days off to consider things with his family and he shat it from an overwhelming job. 

There’s nothing more two it  

simples 

See when the polis are looking for someone to "help with their enquiries", are they really wanting help....with enquiries?

Who is desperate to get Mcinnes in?

If you don't believe that Rangers spoke (tapped) to Mcinnes behinfcthe scenes then imo you're naive in the extreme. It's the way football works but can't be reported due to fear of recrimination.

There's certainly more TO it.

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

See when the polis are looking for someone to "help with their enquiries", are they really wanting help....with enquiries?

Who is desperate to get Mcinnes in?

If you don't believe that Rangers spoke (tapped) to Mcinnes behinfcthe scenes then imo you're naive in the extreme. It's the way football works but can't be reported due to fear of recrimination.

There's certainly more TO it.

Fuck the polis

and no, there isn't anymore to it.

43 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s nothing more two it  

simples 

One fundamental part that is missing - he spoke to Rangers and indicated he was taking the job right up to the point him and Murty discussing the team. Thsts important because some on here (as usual) just want to criticise the board.  Rangers approached Aberdeen for permission. They got it. They talked to McInnes he verbally agreed. Then he shat it. 

The only clusterfuck from us throughout this process was that fuckin idiotic statement from Traynor that deflected some of the focus from McInnes. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

We are slowly but surely on our way back under Murty - although I think we need a hell of a lot more than Goss, Martin, Docherty, Jones, Hendry and that kid from West Brom to win the league from celtic but pretty soon Aberdeen will be back in their normal place and McInnes will be sat up there thinking "what if" and fuck him - he's only himself to blame.

The people in charge of our club fucked up the McInnes move, however McInnes let them. 

Totally agree.  

He could have just simply added his own thoughts on players once he had his feet under the table and taken it from there.  

But, he is getting a reputation for being a bottler, and thats my opinion of what happened, he bottled it.

I was totally thinking the same about us moving above them comfortably and him thinking, fuck.  Personally, never wanted him here from the start of the rumours, we have to be able to find better at some point.