H&H Podcast 15.1.2018 (McInnes rumours)

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

To be honest, if the board had more credibility, rumours such as this 'list' wouldn't be entertained.

That being said, I just don't believe it, I never have. 

To me, McInnes's best mate put out a story to help take some of the heat from his best mate. Whether McInnes knew about it or not before hand, I have no idea. 

I agree i dont like the current board as you well know and i think the length of time it took to approach aberdeen was embarrassing, but after that it's all down to mccinnes shiting himself from the biggest job he'll ever get

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is this being regurgitated, McInnes turned us down which was his perogative, Murty is now our manager assisted by Jimmy Nic, JJ and others, we need to bury this McInnes chat and concentrate our support and energy in backing GM and his team as they strive to deliver what we as a club and us as fans desire & deserve.

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

One fundamental part that is missing - he spoke to Rangers and indicated he was taking the job right up to the point him and Murty discussing the team. Thsts important because some on here (as usual) just want to criticise the board.  Rangers approached Aberdeen for permission. They got it. They talked to McInnes he verbally agreed. Then he shat it. 

The only clusterfuck from us throughout this process was that fuckin idiotic statement from Traynor that deflected some of the focus from McInnes. 

(in bold) That's only rumour and has never been reported. I don't believe it ever got that far.

I agree with the clusterfuck Traynor statement.

21 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I wanted McInnes, however I'm relieved he shat it now. A good window to see us through to the Summer when we can approach a manager with better credentials.

As long as there's no repeat of the dundee hamilton type results I think the board will stick with Murty next season mate.  

“The list” is a load of pish. Not listened to the podcast, does Edgar say the same?

I heard it from someone who is pretty solid for info but I just can’t buy it, especially when he supposedly wanted McLean & Moult too. 

Murphy, Cummings, Goss & Martin are all levels above they two. 

1 hour ago, TT blueteen said:

Why is this being regurgitated, McInnes turned us down which was his perogative, Murty is now our manager assisted by Jimmy Nic, JJ and others, we need to bury this McInnes chat and concentrate our support and energy in backing GM and his team as they strive to deliver what we as a club and us as fans desire & deserve.

Slow news day and needs something for people to listen too. Same happens with blogs. 

Don't understand how McInnes is a shitebag if he for example said the list of players we have are not good enough.

Does anybody in their right mind think that the players we signed and the manager we have in place can get us anywhere more than 2nd?

I would be comfortable if these players coming in were squad players and a few say 3+ million players were added in the summer along with a good level of manager.

Fact is, we won't add any quality in the summer... Half the money will be used to sign up permanently the average players we have brought in and if Murty has a reasonable second part of the season he will be offered the job.

Then when we cement 2nd place as our own but let celtic runaway with the league again, only then people might realise that we are still not good enough.

Going back to McInnes.... rather than call him a shitebag, worry about our own staff at boardroom level. It seems that about 4 loan deals has all of a sudden turned us into world beaters again.

34 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Going back to McInnes.... rather than call him a shitebag, worry about our own staff at boardroom level. It seems that about 4 loan deals has all of a sudden turned us into world beaters again.

Two separate issues for me.  I think 99% of us, if not 100% would agree with you on the board level staff.

McInnes has been a bottler for some time now.  IF some of the stuff we have heard regarding his offer is true, then why would that make you turn down the job?  Get in the job, prove your worth and deal with it in 2 months time when the window draws close.  Its not just that though, he bottles big games with they cunts, some of his decision making in games is crap, some of his selections are crap, he plays players in wrong positions often, he drops players when they should be playing, the list is fairly long.  

I know its a hard find, but if you know any decent sheep who goes to games, they will back some of this up.  Regardless of what I think of our boardroom, McInnes hasn't got he bottle for a poxy job up there, never mind a big club.

56 minutes ago, Hoss said:

People do know McInnes is still our #1 target, and we will go for him again in the summer, right?

Not a chance. 

He had his opportunity and he bottled it.

How would he cope when the chips are down and he’s struggling for results? His bottle would crash, just like it did when we were in for him and Aberdeen went on a shit run of games.

37 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Don't understand how McInnes is a shitebag if he for example said the list of players we have are not good enough.

Does anybody in their right mind think that the players we signed and the manager we have in place can get us anywhere more than 2nd?

I would be comfortable if these players coming in were squad players and a few say 3+ million players were added in the summer along with a good level of manager.

Fact is, we won't add any quality in the summer... Half the money will be used to sign up permanently the average players we have brought in and if Murty has a reasonable second part of the season he will be offered the job.

Then when we cement 2nd place as our own but let celtic runaway with the league again, only then people might realise that we are still not good enough.

That seems to be the new line of attack against this board. Before January we won't do fuck all.

In reality we have done really good business

Haters of everything boardroom level aye but its 4 loans what you fail to add is 3 have a option to buy at the end

Makes it feel a little better doesn't it

48 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

This - we will need a 'very good' number 10 and winger - which will require serious transfer money before we can realistically challenge them  

Im happy with what we have done and genuinely think we will develop and improve but we need a real manager and those two types above befors i start to get excitex 

Murty and Jimmt Nichol should get the job if they get the team playing and get results .

Murty is from within and obviously wants the job , I'd much rather he had it that McInnes .

The McInnes story will go on and on . 

He would have been tapped up well before the 6 weeks timeline and the approach to Aberdeen , well before . Maybe before Pedro got the bullet .

And he also agreed to take the job well before anyone spoke to Aberdeen . He farted about asking questions and eventually fell out with someone minutes before signing .

39 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

The McInnes story will go on and on . 

He would have been tapped up well before the 6 weeks timeline and the approach to Aberdeen , well before . Maybe before Pedro got the bullet .

And he also agreed to take the job well before anyone spoke to Aberdeen . He farted about asking questions and eventually fell out with someone minutes before signing .

That sounds a plausible explanation of what happened, I don't for a minute believe it was anything to do with a proposed target list that McInnes could have dealt with when he got his feet under the table. If he did fall out with someone then that suggests he was looking for a reason to bottle it and I'll admit I didn't want him from the offset and I think we have dodged a very large bullet which could have set us back big time.