VAR

Should evolve it to a tennis type challenge system. Give each manager 3 challenges each match to go to VAR .As soon as the manager asks the 4th official, the next time the ball is out of play the ref will blow to review what the manager thinks should've been called. Nothing that happens before the incident gets wiped out like it currently does. No play gets stopped. Once the manager is out of challenges then that's it. They can't go to VAR.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Gustav said:

But VAR doesn't guarantee the right decision 

Cuts down the chances of a wrong decision, and surely that’s a good thing  

Im sure Rugby, Tennis and all the rest had this same debate. I’ve watched Tennis match’s where the pundits don’t like Hawkeye  

It needs to be given its chance and time to get it tweaked accordingly and see how the goes, if it’s a disaster then scrap but at least give it a chance, I’m fed up listening to pundits moaning every week about this decision or that decision  

15 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Should evolve it to a tennis type challenge system. Give each manager 3 challenges each match to go to VAR .As soon as the manager asks the 4th official, the next time the ball is out of play the ref will blow to review what the manager thinks should've been called. Nothing that happens before the incident gets wiped out like it currently does. No play gets stopped. Once the manager is out of challenges then that's it. They can't go to VAR.

I’m all for VAR, but thats a horrendous way of using it. 

I don’t like it at all.

I know because of VAR the goal was given last night and that’s the correct decision but if the very same pass had happened 10/20 yards up the pitch with the attacker running through the likelihood is that he would be flagged offside and wouldn’t have the luxury of scoring the goal and waiting to see. So now if you are flagged offside should you just carry on and put the ball in he net, risk a booking and hope VAR proves you correct?

I honestly think it will spoil the game, we’re heading toward American football and I don’t like it. 

I also heard 5 subs were being trialed down south in development games, utter shambles! 

While I welcome football (in England) has joined the 21st century technology wise, I'm kinda glad Scottish football can't afford it.

We would love it one week and be spitting fire the next, depending on the circumstances of course.

Let's just watch and laugh from afar for now.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If VAR was in Scotland this season and it was competent people making the VAR decisions we would be close to the scum or possibly even top of the league.

Good point. I'm definitely leaning more to wanting it. Hopefully it becomes more transparent for the fans and any little problems are ironed out then bring it on.

On 17/01/2018 at 11:20, Bristol loyal said:

Also what happens if for example a team is attacking and a player from the defending team makes a tackle in the box gets the ball and begins a counter attack. The ref thinks it could have been a foul and calls for VAR and the video ref decides it was a fair tackle. Where does the game re start from? Does the counter attacking team lose the chance to break when they've done nothing wrong?

More to the point, can teams abuse it, player claims for a handball in the box to stop a counter attack, does the ref stop the game incase he's made a mistake 

• 1 month later...