Delusional sheep

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you live up here you probably wouldn’t realise what a shite location this is for a stadium. It’s about 8 miles out of town. The road is it notoriously bad at peak times. AFC have sold the Council assumptions about folk taking shuttle buses, using a park and ride a few miles down the road etc. but traffic will be a fucking nightmare on match days. Midweek kick offs will be particularly awful for anyone using the road. If they start to struggle (and third place is the best they can hope for from now on) attendances will collapse. It’s not that long since they were down at 8000 and that had nothing to do with shit toilets at Pittodrie - the team was terrible.

There is a massive hole in their funding. They probably have just about enough cash pledged to crack on with the training centre but they’ll need the cash from Pittodrie plus another £25m or so to build the stadium. I can only assume they’ll look to raise that from fans, sponsors, rich locals etc. I can’t see commercial lenders being too interested. 

So, even if the remaining planning issues get resolved it could be years before they get the stadium up and running. 

28 minutes ago, BoydsFavouriteDonut said:

Unless you live up here you probably wouldn’t realise what a shite location this is for a stadium. It’s about 8 miles out of town. The road is it notoriously bad at peak times. AFC have sold the Council assumptions about folk taking shuttle buses, using a park and ride a few miles down the road etc. but traffic will be a fucking nightmare on match days. Midweek kick offs will be particularly awful for anyone using the road. If they start to struggle (and third place is the best they can hope for from now on) attendances will collapse. It’s not that long since they were down at 8000 and that had nothing to do with shit toilets at Pittodrie - the team was terrible.

There is a massive hole in their funding. They probably have just about enough cash pledged to crack on with the training centre but they’ll need the cash from Pittodrie plus another £25m or so to build the stadium. I can only assume they’ll look to raise that from fans, sponsors, rich locals etc. I can’t see commercial lenders being too interested. 

So, even if the remaining planning issues get resolved it could be years before they get the stadium up and running. 

Bypass will be built soon though so it will be fine for away fans. 

23 minutes ago, northern bear said:

Bypass will be built soon though so it will be fine for away fans. 

Yeh, less of a issue for folk travelling in from the south. However, the new roundabout at the bypass will be bad. Not designed for a stadium nearby. Heard they are thinking of putting lights on it. 

They have just got a get out clause from Aberdeen council for the cash cow that will be their stadium and training ground. I urge all bears in Aberdeen to keep a close eye on the funding of this white elephant, any hint of generous property deals or part funding of non-existant/token joint community projects should be reported asap. Milne and Aberdeen FC should not be making cash out of this, absolutely ruthless individual when it comes to property.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

No, it was the other way round. When we played Valencia in the CL in the late 90s the DR described 'Valencia as the Aberdeen of Spain'

Thanks for that, I knew I heard some kind of anology was used. 

Wow what a feather for the Valencians to have in their caps.. :lol: