MSPs recommend repeal of OBFA

RangersMedia

I heard a MSP on TV this morning saying the part of the bill that worried them particularly was what defines sectarianism,I'm worried given the lobbying by that mob there maybe a compromise with the Scottish government and the bill is changed to remove all the anti Protestant stuff and we're left with a bill that sees Rangers fans being targeted even more than they are now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive always found it amazing that someone could get jailed for "offensive behaviour" because it is so subjective. It is a victims charter - whereby if someone decides they are offended, they shout "I am offended" and the law kicks in on there side. That was never right and was always way open to abuse.

this. gives the polis too much power tp dictate whats offensive 

a polis could decide its offensive to sing Mary Had a Little Lamb and put you in the cells all weekend for it, add the fact the courts will always side with tge polis

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

this. gives the polis too much power tp dictate whats offensive 

a polis could decide its offensive to sing Mary Had a Little Lamb and put you in the cells all weekend for it, add the fact the courts will always side with tge polis

not even the polis - anybody could say "I am offended" at a football match

21 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

not even the polis - anybody could say "I am offended" at a football match

Further still, there need not actually be anyone offended, just that someone (hypothetical, present of otherwise) may have found the behavior offensive.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

if it's repealed then i hope the club take action to cancel any and all bans on fans who were charged under this pile of shite.

K.A.I - if they do, try changing your defence from "on pitch exuberance" to "sectarian exuberance" so they let you back in as well.

This better happen it’s the fuckin bain of my life!

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

This was put in place by taigs for taigs but then started to catch taigs, so I am not sure repealing it will help us, but I can understand why our supports would want it removed. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

"Main victims of abuse are Catholics & Irish. Act challenges such abuse. So main beneficiaries are intended to be Catholics & Irish"

- John Mason MSP.

"OBAF Act is pro Catholic and pro Irish. It is because so many Irish and Catholics were victims that the Act was brought in. It is there to help Irish and Catholics"

- John Mason MSP

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://fansagainstcriminalisation.com/tag/jeanette-findlay/&ved=0ahUKEwikvuuzt-HYAhWiLsAKHXgcA-8QFgggMAE&usg=AOvVaw3-4qBgIIQbvjQmO59q02C2

Thanks for posting that mate, it backs up my post above and the reason I am concerned that any ammendment to the original rather than scraping it might have some bad bits left for Rangers fans. 

I assume that our fan organisations are keeping a close eye on what happens.

The nonsense around this bill is just 1 of hundreds of examples why this current party in charge are not fit for purpose and serve nothing more than themselves... their behaviour and antics are blatant In what they are trying to achieve in alienating a large section of the country the working  class Protestant and unionist ...the vast majority of these SNP msps have been raised with an inferiority complex drummed into them from birth and we have sat back and allowed them to push their way into main stream politics in this country. The majority of their MPs are not even qualified to take these roles and are only in those positions as the share the same ideology as their pay masters.They have took advantage of a time when this large section of the population have been disillusioned by every other party in the last 20/30 years leaving many with no real party to vote for.... the referendum results showed there is still a hunger and loyalty to unionism but that's because it was backs to wall stuff and even then the vote was close. Until we have a legitimate party to vote for that will  make the right changes in this country then we are stuck dealing with crap like this and never moving in the right direction for the good of the country....while the SNP are in charge there will always be an issue of sectarianism as they are one of the biggest provocateurs of it.....

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Thanks for posting that mate, it backs up my post above and the reason I am concerned that any ammendment to the original rather than scraping it might have some bad bits left for Rangers fans. 

I assume that our fan organisations are keeping a close eye on what happens.

It's always been about Rangers and their fans mate, was bad enough glesga celtic cooncil being in charge from basically the mid 1970's now they've passed the baton on to the natzi's who will carry on the agenda against us with glee with no doubt the mhanks flaming the fires when they need it. They hate that Union Flag, glesga is a changed place the natzi's are trying and succeeding in filling the place with immigrants to get the vote for their agenda, the tarriers have had their surrounding area completely revamped and the Emirates more or less stuck on the side of it for Future use, all (don't laugh) for the commonwealth games. They knew Hampden was fucked way back then and before and prepared the place for internationals, they are way ahead of the game, they've all played the long game and it has come to fruition in many ways, think you can assume neither fans organisations nor others have kept a close eye on hee haw!

So what does this actually mean? How will it get repealed? Is there s good chance of it happening? And when?

i actually want it to stay in all honesty as it appears to be them facing the brunt of it and who pushed for it - keep it and let them suffer and our fans just play it wise I.e sing our loyalist songs but be mindful of add ons and cops with cameras 

a copper told me at a game once tell all your mates to be clever hold a flag or scarf or a fist over your mouth any offensive line belted out and no one can do anything 

3 hours ago, bluenose244 said:

I'm sick to the back teeth of it, why can they not just admit defeat and drop the whole thing, then start a campaign called "sticks and stones." for example, and combat the ones who are so easily offended by word's and singing. 

The people who are "offended" for the most part don't even go to games or have even a simple understanding of the culture. 

It's the equivalent of someone who hates violence going to a boxing match then complaining about it, or someone with no sense of humor attending a comedy show. 

You know what you are getting at the football - and if you are easily offended it's probably not for you. 

Bravo post of the week :bow:

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So what does this actually mean? How will it get repealed? Is there s good chance of it happening? And when?

i actually want it to stay in all honesty as it appears to be them facing the brunt of it and who pushed for it - keep it and let them suffer and our fans just play it wise I.e sing our loyalist songs but be mindful of add ons and cops with cameras 

a copper told me at a game once tell all your mates to be clever hold a flag or scarf or a fist over your mouth any offensive line belted out and no one can do anything 

This is the real reason that Cummings got that tattoo.....

34 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That is exactly why it will be repealed. 

Legislation that backfired big time. The law of unintended consequences etc. The supposed victims turned out to be as much perpetrators under this legislation as anyone else, such those that drove it on behalf of the erstwhile victims are doing an about turn.

You'd be as well to give them a blank slate and let them scribble iterations of goldilocks legislation as many times as they need to to get it just right, because that's twice now those types have dictated what direction the legislation would go.

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

It's always been about Rangers and their fans mate, was bad enough glesga celtic cooncil being in charge from basically the mid 1970's now they've passed the baton on to the natzi's who will carry on the agenda against us with glee with no doubt the mhanks flaming the fires when they need it. They hate that Union Flag, glesga is a changed place the natzi's are trying and succeeding in filling the place with immigrants to get the vote for their agenda, the tarriers have had their surrounding area completely revamped and the Emirates more or less stuck on the side of it for Future use, all (don't laugh) for the commonwealth games. They knew Hampden was fucked way back then and before and prepared the place for internationals, they are way ahead of the game, they've all played the long game and it has come to fruition in many ways, think you can assume neither fans organisations nor others have kept a close eye on hee haw!

Good post BD and not much I can add to it. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Since the SNP do not have a majority it has a good chance of being scrapped and I think some parties had it in their last election manifesto.

I'm very unsure if it is good or bad for Rangers fans, I think it is fair to say if the taigs are wanting it gone it might be best left alone.