Could we see another of these?

NeoGeo7

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Would love it to be double digit score line but I think in today's age it's seen as being disrespectful to the opposition. Should be scoring at least 6 though.

Tbh back in the day these teams were unorganized, lacked fitness and would run out of steam about 40 mins in. Teams these days no how to be disciplined and the fitness levels are night and day compared to then. 

You seen it most recently with the taigs and east kilbride. Rangers match them with the correct attitude first and foremost then it will be basically anything we want it to be. Of our attitude is shite then it could be one of those days where we win but they get all the plaudits as it's kept within 1 or 2

11 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

22 years ago we hammered Keith 10-1 with hat-tricks from Alec Cleland and Ian Ferguson (definite quiz material right there)

the big difference was having a starting line-up including laudrup, Gorman, gough, McCall, durie and Robertson.

I remember that game.

Was at my grans scudding my with my cousin with a foam wwf belt (who is a tim now). fuck sake 22 year ago man!

7 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Some of these predictions are a bit fishy to be honest.  There are a lot of Rangers daft supporters up in Fraserburgh so a 0-0 draw to let these fans enjoy a trip to Ibrox for a replay would be a nice gesture. :pipe:   :caughtone:

Hide contents

:lol: 

sly ‘Murty Oot’ post :pipe: 

Still have the Rangers News from that week somewhere with the match report in it. I remember Cleland getting 3 but can't remember Ian Ferguson.

Anyone else remember a full back scoring a hat trick for us? I remember Tony Vidmar getting a hat trick against Livingston - was that a Cup game or was it a friendly?

8 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Not so much cocky I think. We will create alot of chances and they are no Corinthians or septic. This is a purely amateur team and they work as fish mongers and posties during the day so fitness and skill will be far below ours.

I do respect them but I'd truly be disappointed if we don't smash at least 5 zip.

Aye, kindda like that Niederkorn?

The days of running over these teams are long gone.

If it all clicks, then yes we will hump them

As with the Niederkorn shite, we must be professional and careful

12 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Not so much cocky I think. We will create alot of chances and they are no Corinthians or septic. This is a purely amateur team and they work as fish mongers and posties during the day so fitness and skill will be far below ours.

I do respect them but I'd truly be disappointed if we don't smash at least 5 zip.

In recent times we have lost to Forfar, Annan, Stirling Albion and a pub team from Luxembourg therefore I will take nothing for granted these days.  The last time we played a team at this level we only managed a one nil victory against Forres.

6 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

In recent times we have lost to Forfar, Annan, Stirling Albion and a pub team from Luxembourg therefore I will take nothing for granted these days.  The last time we played a team at this level we only managed a one nil victory against Forres.

Good point.    There are a lot of chickens being counted, and assumptions made about winning by a big margin.   I make no such assumptions.   An inexperienced rookie manager with a team most likely full of players new to Rangers on a wee pitch on a cold day in January with the opposition right up for a cup tie of a fight.   Is Murty good enough to galvanise a Rangers team to match and better their commitment?    Let's see.   But a big win.....I think reality is likely to be closer to a narrow win and even then only if we match and better their commitment and hunger.     

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Fair point mate but I will still be disappointed if we don't put 5 or 6 past them tbh.