Tav

Lloyd

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Whos going to pay 3 million or over for a player in a team who lie 3rd in the SPFL?

Sunderland paid £9M for a player from a team who finished 4th in the SPL in 2007.

I would agree that Tavernier is worth at least £3M in the overinflated English market. I'd much rather we convinced him to sign a new contract than sell him though. Defensively not the greatest but such an asset going forward and I think we would struggle to replace him. In the lower divisions most of our attacks came down the left with Lee Wallace making us so predictable. Tavernier has balanced us out a bit and needs kept if possible.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ronniescu said:

We never sleep mate. Our motto is "There's no 'I' in team but even more importantly, there's no "A" in definitely".

Always remember someone explaining the meaning of the word "indefinitely"

If you're balls are banging off her arse, you know you're indefinitely 

:whistle:

29 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Sunderland paid £9M for a player from a team who finished 4th in the SPL in 2007.

I would agree that Tavernier is worth at least £3M in the overinflated English market. I'd much rather we convinced him to sign a new contract than sell him though. Defensively not the greatest but such an asset going forward and I think we would struggle to replace him. In the lower divisions most of our attacks came down the left with Lee Wallace making us so predictable. Tavernier has balanced us out a bit and needs kept if possible.

Aye but 3 million for a current player who is in a team who is 3rd and finished 3rd last season, 800k max.

You haven't been following Kirks logic have you?

48 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye but 3 million for a current player who is in a team who is 3rd and finished 3rd last season, 800k max.

You haven't been following Kirks logic have you?

I've not really read too much of the thread mate so I've probably missed something.

21 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I've not really read too much of the thread mate so I've probably missed something.

The standing of the team you play for sets your value.

Eg Docherty can't be worth 600k cos he plays for Hamilton in the bottom 6.:lol:

Just now, pcbear said:

Ryan Jack and Russell Martin can both play right back, I like Tavernier but if he  has one eye on the door we should cash our chips.

If he's actively pursuing a move then sell him but if he's just reluctant to sign a new deal I'd take another 18 months of him and lose him on a free before I'd sell him for peanuts which we inevitably will. 

I dont understand the worry about replacing tav tbh as long as his replacement is a good player then its job done and its up to those who are in charge of finding players to find one. If that takes 1 or 2million so be it go and get the best player we can.. For 200k hes been brilliant but he is far from Irreplaceable 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I dont understand the worry about replacing tav tbh as long as his replacement is a good player then its job done and its up to those who are in charge of finding players to find one. If that takes 1 or 2million so be it go and get the best player we can.. For 200k hes been brilliant but he is far from Irreplaceable 

I don't think the worry is down to how replaceable he is - it's more that we're seeing the best of him now after signs of his potential in the championship. He's formed a good understanding with Candeias and his replacement might take some time to do so.

Our next signing may take a little while to settle in. He might also hit the ground running, but when it looks like we're starting to put together a good side it'd be frustrating to lose one of the best aspects of that. You don't want to constantly be rebuilding and replacing parts, destablising our squad.

It just sets us back a little when we're making good progress towards having quality in all areas of the pitch.

1 hour ago, McKissock said:

I don't think the worry is down to how replaceable he is - it's more that we're seeing the best of him now after signs of his potential in the championship. He's formed a good understanding with Candeias and his replacement might take some time to do so.

Our next signing may take a little while to settle in. He might also hit the ground running, but when it looks like we're starting to put together a good side it'd be frustrating to lose one of the best aspects of that. You don't want to constantly be rebuilding and replacing parts, destablising our squad.

It just sets us back a little when we're making good progress towards having quality in all areas of the pitch.

It may well be a setback but end of day Tav doesn't want to be here so that's down to him and I'd rather get a decent amount for him now than give him away for nothing end of season 

Docherty in and Tav, Wilson and Windass on new deals adding to what we've already done this will mean we've got some pretty solid foundations to build on.

Not getting carried away because I wouldn't put it past the board to get the next managerial appointment horrendously wrong(again) but fingers crossed this will be the window we look back on as the beginning of us getting back to the top.

Archived