Tav

Lloyd

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Am cool just don't like this sorta stuff when according to H&H pod at the beginning of this window he has no interest  in signing a new deal. Good hes staying but long term it changes nothing unless he signs a new deal:tu:

He wasn't against leaving according to Edgar 

Does that podcast have any official connections with the club or is it just fan made opinion based thing?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bluchoo said:

Does that podcast have any official connections with the club or is it just fan made opinion based thing?

It definitely does get good info but that doesn’t mean things can’t change or that they don’t get anything wrong. KingKirk doesn’t seem to understand this.

Just now, bluchoo said:

Fan based opinion but he was on the RST back in the day and  the info he gives out is solid imo but like everything else you can take or leave it

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It definitely does have connections but that doesn’t mean things can’t change or that they don’t get anything wrong. KingKirk doesn’t seem to understand this.

Sure he can but I trust what he says mate...

Can somebody confirm if Tav has agreed to sign a new deal or just confirmed that he's not leaving THIS window but says nothing about the summer ... very big difference ?

35 minutes ago, Ace said:

Can somebody confirm if Tav has agreed to sign a new deal or just confirmed that he's not leaving THIS window but says nothing about the summer ... very big difference ?

He’s said he isn’t leaving, that’s all we know right now.

Our fans are such a fickle bunch, so much joy at Tav tweeting he isn't leaving, I don't get it, a right back whose defensive qualities are ahem questionable, also his culpability to leave us short handed at the back with his attacking flair often seeing him caught out of position.

The same fans blast Kenny Millar for drifting all over the park in his efforts to influence games.Im not defending Miller just pointing out the strange support of Tav who is equally culpable of having the same faults Kenny has but recieves nowhere near the treatment Miller has.

1 hour ago, TT blueteen said:

Our fans are such a fickle bunch, so much joy at Tav tweeting he isn't leaving, I don't get it, a right back whose defensive qualities are ahem questionable, also his culpability to leave us short handed at the back with his attacking flair often seeing him caught out of position.

Tav is good going forward though and is even excellent sometimes but it seems that our defenders dont need to be good defensively any more, just play a decent game of sorts now and again. Maybe he needs to be played in a new role and a proper full back brought in. We rely on Candeias covering for his wanderings and poor tackling. I've seen folk mention hes a wing back not a full back - well wing backs are supposed to know their position and tackle just as much as full backs.

I do like Tav but he costs us goals. Maybe he contributes more goals for than against, I dont know. I long for the day when we have 2 good fullbacks that can actually defend.

1 hour ago, TT blueteen said:

The same fans blast Kenny Millar for drifting all over the park in his efforts to influence games.Im not defending Miller just pointing out the strange support of Tav who is equally culpable of having the same faults Kenny has but recieves nowhere near the treatment Miller has.

Not really. 

Tav isn’t the greatest defender, but is an excellent attacking threat - and has improved defensively. His attacking play contributes significantly to our style of play and is productive. 

Miller is a Rangers no. 9 who’s been out scored by 3 of our back 4, and his wandering is (IMO) detrimental to our style of play and productivity. He’s shite basically and thinks he can play the ‘Messi’ freerole, despite trapping a ball further than some can kick it. 

And that’s without getting into his past career discretions. 

For me Tav isn't far away from or just as good as Alan Hutton was before he left. Hutton was better defender but Tav is a better all round player and if he keeps improving his defensive side then will be quality. 

Remember  Hutton went for £9m all those years ago.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Not really. 

Tav isn’t the greatest defender, but is an excellent attacking threat - and has improved defensively. His attacking play contributes significantly to our style of play and is productive. 

Miller is a Rangers no. 9 who’s been out scored by 3 of our back 4, and his wandering is (IMO) detrimental to our style of play and productivity. He’s shite basically and thinks he can play the ‘Messi’ freerole, despite trapping a ball further than some can kick it. 

And that’s without getting into his past career discretions. 

The point I was making was Tav is a defender so should be defensively sound imo he isn't. I used Miller as a comparison, not in a way of defending him but to show our fans are fickle as there can be no denying that, Ally was rightly worshipped as a player, his time as manager was painful but the amount of castigation recieved by Ally was unjustifiable sure he wasn't a good manager but what did you want him to do, knock back the opportunity to be the clubs manager ?

5 hours ago, TT blueteen said:

Fuck up 

Archived