Youths playing at Bayern Munich

Ibroxblue

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Anyone know how far away is Atakayi from first team?

Made the first and won the pen for second.

Showed fleeting glimpses in Florida, pacey and direct without really creating too much. I think he's the type who needs to test himself at the next level, in proper meaningful games. If he was at a lesser club he might be playing first team football by now which is exactly what he needs if he's going to develop. I don't think he'll get that at Rangers any time soon with the options we have at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Showed fleeting glimpses in Florida, pacey and direct without really creating too much. I think he's the type who needs to test himself at the next level, in proper meaningful games. If he was at a lesser club he might be playing first team football by now which is exactly what he needs if he's going to develop. I don't think he'll get that at Rangers any time soon with the options we have at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Showed flashes in Florida but looks like he lacks end product

Might be time to get him out on loan this month then.

Thread within a thread - 

And this is an age old question. Why do our players not kick on from here? We are playing the mighty Bayern at their midden and we are more than holding our own. However, this is not unusual but if our 11 played their 11 5 years from now we would be outplayed and well beaten. 4/5 of their players will be internationalists - 1/2 from our 11 will have a career.

Or are we truly turning a corner? And if so, why? 

27 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Anyone know how far away is Atakayi from first team?

Made the first and won the pen for second.

Dunno what he was like in Florida but he was fairly garbage in the HK Sevens against his peers.

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Thread within a thread - 

And this is an age old question. Why do our players not kick on from here? We are playing the mighty Bayern at their midden and we are more than holding our own. However, this is not unusual but if our 11 played their 11 5 years from now we would be outplayed and well beaten. 4/5 of their players will be internationalists - 1/2 from our 11 will have a career.

Or are we truly turning a corner? And if so, why? 

Its the first season we have done this where they play a european team every 2 matches. Getting the experience of this, and domestic matches can only be a good thing.

Wish we had done this years ago but I am happy with the progress Craig and his team are making.