Songs that remind of you a Rangers memory

There’s an advert doing the rounds at the moment with The Style Council - Shout To The Top and I absolutely love that song because it was featured on one of my Rangers season review videos (92-93, 5 in a row) when I was five or six. The segment is that track playing while we watch us blowing opposition away scoring goal after goal (visions of Hateley causing absolute havoc). So whenever I hear it it reminds me of the good old days! 

No football till Wednesday so let’s hear your songs that provoke a Rangers thought...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

There’s an advert doing the rounds at the moment with The Style Council - Shout To The Top and I absolutely love that song because it was featured on one of my Rangers season review videos (92-93, 5 in a row) when I was five or six. The segment is that track playing while we watch us blowing opposition away scoring goal after goal (visions of Hateley causing absolute havoc). So whenever I hear it it reminds me of the good old days! 

No football till Wednesday so let’s hear your songs that provoke a Rangers thought...

Nice post BB

1 minute ago, Sonnybear1972 said:

"It's a kinda magic" Davie Cooper putting the ball over about 3 tarriers and scoring a belter on an old VHS Rangers Gold tape lol. 

Was about to post the same for the brilliant YouTube tribute to the great man with this tune as the soundtrack.

13 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

10:43 onwards :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

10:43 onwards :thumbsup:

Superb mate, thank you - that’s made my day. Bit emotional watching that, we’ll always be the greatest club in the world but at that time we actually had one of the best teams in the world. Cheated by Marseille! 

34 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Brilliant post and exactly the same as me. 

I was 8 watching that video and the champions league one that season too.

5 in a row I'd watch on loop and the only season review I'd watch over again.

The Follow Follow/Billy Boys soundtrack at the end is brilliant too.

The song Fix You by Coldplay always sends a tingle down my spine as it reminds me of one of our greatest days.

And it's all down to this great wee video for Helicopter Sunday, which I played again and again in the weeks that followed. The "stuck in reverse" line describing Lennon is perfect, and the big "Lights Will Guide You Home" finale with the Fir Park floodlights and the lights on the helicopter in the skyline has just got to be the ultimate finale to an incredible day.

Hopefully our younger fans will be able to savour similar moments when we win title 55.

A few come to mind . Starship's "Nothings gonna stop us now " and Wet Wet Wet's " Wishing I was lucky " , bring back memories of the period of the 86/87 season when the dream was looking more and more like reality , and the barren run would soon be over .

"This is the one " by The Stone Roses was the tune played on sky in the run up to the game against the tarriers that we won 1-0 with the Danish god scoring . That win virtually clinched 9iar that day and the sight of Bears in tears of joy and the feeling will live with me forever .

Fuck knows how it will feel to have an Ed Sheeran song as the soundtrack to 55 :cup:

So many tunes bring good memories of games and trips to watch Rangers . 

59 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

We are the champions to the tune of Those were the days by Mary Hopkin, gave me goosebumps as it got louder and louder, when we won, or were about to win the league back in the day.

I remember a game at Ayr towards the end of the season as we got closer and closer to the finish and the chorus of "We Are The Champions" started early in the first half then continued right to the end of the second as we scored five goals. 

Hugh Sproat the Ayr goalie, a great character of the time, was actually conducting us at one stage, then pointied to an imaginary watch on his wrist and mimed drinking a pint to let us know we'd be down the pub drinking to the result soon.

Was in the battlefield arms after 3-2 Scottish cup final, bought Champagne as was buzzing, got dj to play encore un fois just because it was by Sash,  place was jumping, weird as fuck going outside when it’s still bright after dancing about like fannies!  One of my best days ever following Rangers.