Stewart Regan.

Siam69

52 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I honestly dont see why people pour vitriol on organisation or boards when a person turns down a job. They identified the candidate, they spoke to him - and he didn't want it. Its annoying for them - maybe a bit embarrassing - but what else are they to do? if you want someone who is any good he will have options - and so he may not do what you want.

The last thing you want is someone with no options, who isnt that good,  being offered the job and accepting - simply to save a boardroom from embarrassment.

I have offered a number of people jobs and they have turned it down. Pain in the @rse but hey ho. Move on. 

4 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Just another accolade to his long and undistinguished list of inadequacies...

But not a jot of criticism will come his way from the red tops beggar loving bastards

Let me see now . What other beggar lovers are out there needing a job :huh:

Wish I could have a bet on this . The whole house would be going on the bet ............

8 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Surely St Brenda will offer to step in and run alongside ra sellik

I have heard a few of their kind saying that, particularly as most of their players are in the side. Howl at the moon characters to be fair, but I wouldn't put it past the SFA at the moment, given the current love in with this guy.

I think that this might be a blessing in disguise for Scotland, he just didnt seem to be a good fit at all in my opinion. He has surpassed all expectations at NI, but I doubt he will match these achievements in the future with Scotland- he should either take the big payday from NI or look to move on to an English Championship job. Scotland really need to qualify for 2020, particularly as games will be at Hampden - the pressure will be on the new manager from the start of the nations league. O'Neill had a very poor start with NI, so Scotland can't afford that settling in period. It will be Mackay, which is whom I thought would take over from Strachan as soon as he was appointed. The development role was originally set up and undertook by Levein as a concurrent post, so the model will not change. 

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I could honestly see them going for Lennon.

Some roaster on Clyde was banging on about this tonight. Absolutely no chance, the SFA and him have had far too much bad blood (referees strikes and poor disciplinary record all orchestrated by him). Add to the fact, he simply isn't good enough.

11 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I have heard a few of their kind saying that, particularly as most of their players are in the side. Howl at the moon characters to be fair, but I wouldn't put it past the SFA at the moment, given the current love in with this guy.

Sfa offices and national games at the piggery too may as well just have the one team!

8 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Sfa offices and national games at the piggery too may as well just have the one team!

That isn't going to happen, the SFA and Scotland will remain at Hampden - it's all posture to get a better lease deal. It will just cost too much to move offices, museums, administration to another site. In all honesty, I doubt there is any appetite for moving the national team bug gmaes and cup finals around Ibrox/parkhead/Murrayfield, it will create more problems than solving any.

• 2 weeks later...

The witch hunt begins..........

The departure of Stewart Regan as chief executive of the Scottish Football Association last week may have had more to do with a decision made last September than recent events.

Regan’s surprise exit has been put down to a mixture of failing to attract Northern Ireland’s Michael O’Neill as manager, a lack of sponsorship deals, uncertainty over renewing the Hampden Park lease and the organisation of long-distance friendlies against Peru and Mexico allegedly without Professional Game Board approval.

But others believe the highly-rated Regan paid the price for alienating clubs, including all-powerful celtic, when he was seen as the main voice behind the SFA’s rejection of a request from the Scottish Professional Football League to participate in an independent review into the handling of Rangers’ murky financial affairs.

The SFA told clubs that ‘raking over the coals’ would further damage the image of the game in Scotland. Regan, who is prevented from speaking out by a confidentiality agreement, would not comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5355237/Did-Rangers-probe-snub-oust-Stewart-Regan.html#ixzz56JqhQJ9B 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just now, sassaaaa said:

The witch hunt begins..........

The departure of Stewart Regan as chief executive of the Scottish Football Association last week may have had more to do with a decision made last September than recent events.

Regan’s surprise exit has been put down to a mixture of failing to attract Northern Ireland’s Michael O’Neill as manager, a lack of sponsorship deals, uncertainty over renewing the Hampden Park lease and the organisation of long-distance friendlies against Peru and Mexico allegedly without Professional Game Board approval.

But others believe the highly-rated Regan paid the price for alienating clubs, including all-powerful celtic, when he was seen as the main voice behind the SFA’s rejection of a request from the Scottish Professional Football League to participate in an independent review into the handling of Rangers’ murky financial affairs.

The SFA told clubs that ‘raking over the coals’ would further damage the image of the game in Scotland. Regan, who is prevented from speaking out by a confidentiality agreement, would not comment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5355237/Did-Rangers-probe-snub-oust-Stewart-Regan.html#ixzz56JqhQJ9B 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

wit :lol: