Charity foundation Arran cycle 2018

blueretro

Last year I signed up to the Rangers charity foundation Arran cycle challenge and a lot of good people on here very kindly donated to my just giving page. 

Well It's come round again and this year I've decided to attempt the 72 mile figure of eight route that includes several thousand feet of climbing. The challenge takes place slightly later this year on the 26th May. I think that's because the Summer timetable will be operating, so hopefully we will be able to complete the ride in plenty of time to make the ferry back to the mainland.

I consider this ride to be a huge challenge. Cycling is "my thing" but I'm 56 now, have high blood pressure and suffer from  Asthma as well as COPD!  You can probably guess, this will be tough! 

Every little helps and I would appreciate any donation that can be spared.  My JustGiving page

Thank you all

3 hours ago, blueretro said:

Last year I signed up to the Rangers charity foundation Arran cycle challenge and a lot of good people on here very kindly donated to my just giving page. 

Well It's come round again and this year I've decided to attempt the 72 mile figure of eight route that includes several thousand feet of climbing. The challenge takes place slightly later this year on the 26th May. I think that's because the Summer timetable will be operating, so hopefully we will be able to complete the ride in plenty of time to make the ferry back to the mainland.

I consider this ride to be a huge challenge. Cycling is "my thing" but I'm 56 now, have high blood pressure and suffer from  Asthma as well as COPD!  You can probably guess, this will be tough! 

Every little helps and I would appreciate any donation that can be spared.  My JustGiving page

Thank you all

Well done matey for going for the 72 miles , im doing it again this year but ive heard were going for 55 so il stick with that, its plenty lol 

1 hour ago, Lothianbear said:

Well done matey for going for the 72 miles , im doing it again this year but ive heard were going for 55 so il stick with that, its plenty lol 

I noticed on the Strava club page you had signed up again. Good luck hopefully I'll see you there.

A Fund Member raising Money for the Fund's 2nd favourite Charity?

Sounds good to me.

I'll pledge a fiver. (I'm not made of money you know!)

Any other Fund Members want to do something similar, they can pledge their donation via me, and I'll sort it all out come the event.  That way we can avoid those pesky justgiving fees.  

If you get enough Fund Members donating, I'm sure the Fund could also give you a wee donation.  :tu:

10 hours ago, govanblue said:

Sounds good to me.

Any other Fund Members want to do something similar, they can pledge their donation via me, and I'll sort it all out come the event.  That way we can avoid those pesky justgiving fees.  

If you get enough Fund Members donating, I'm sure the Fund could also give you a wee donation.  :tu:

I didn't realise JustGiving had fees but I suppose they need to make money somehow. The thing I like about it is I don't have any contact with the money donated. I just go and do my thing and the money goes straight to the charity. I like the idea of no fees, but if people on here do donate will donations still qualify for gift aid if it's done through you?

Thanks for the pledge, £5 is brilliant. I consider any donation to be very generous!

@blueretro & @Lothianbear

Planning to have another go at the Rangers Charity Foundation Arran Cycle challenge huh?

Well before I donate this year I have a question for you - Did either of you bring back the Arran cheese we requested? GB was particularly enthused about that cheese! :rangers:

BTW, this thread was on page 5. Shame on you both!! ?

11 minutes ago, Zetland said:

Planning to have another go at the Rangers Charity Foundation Arran Cycle challenge huh?

Well before I donate this year I have a question for you - Did either of you bring back the Arran cheese we requested? GB was particularly enthused about that cheese! :rangers:

Tbh i cant go near that cheese shop, the smell, its like cycling past that meccano set of a stadium in the East end on a match day. 

22 hours ago, Zetland said:

I was planning to but @Lothianbear said he would pick it up! I think the smell knocked him out and by the time he recovered the shop had shut. He was lucky to make the last ferry!

22 hours ago, Lothianbear said:

Tbh i cant go near that cheese shop, the smell, its like cycling past that meccano set of a stadium in the East end on a match day. 

3 minutes ago, blueretro said:

I was planning to but @Lothianbear said he would pick it up! I think the smell knocked him out and by the time he recovered the shop had shut. He was lucky to make the last ferry!

Let me think about those responses!! ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, blueretro said:

Feeling a bit nervous before the game? Give yourself that feel good factor by making a small donation. 

Rangers charity foundation (Arran cycle)

Sleep well everyone for tomorrow we celebrate! 

Wish I had your confidence about the game.

Donated. Good Luck! :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2018 at 01:30, govanblue said:

Sounds good to me.

Did we get enough interest from our Fund Members for a wee donation, GB?

@blueretro and @Lothianbear will put in quite a shift today! :rangers: