Tavernier take a bow

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, RD.1872 said:

Someone on here mentioned the other day that his current form is similar to Huttons in 2007/08 and while I don't think he's at that level yet he sure as hell isn't a kick in the arse from it.

A new contract must be our top priority otherwise I fear he'll be off for well below his value.

I'd actually say tav is the more skillful player. Hutton got to show it in the champions league whereas tav hasnt had that opportunity. If a scum player put in that performance in that tav did tonight he'd instantly be a 30m sensation. I've criticised tav many times this season for constantly getting caught inside but I don't think he had as many forward runs as normal tonight so maybe found the fine balance. 

29 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I honestly think the guy is not just the best full back in Scotland, but the best player in general.

I would easily offer the guy £20k a week. He is streets ahead of Alves in terms of quality.

He is destined for the EPL eventually but would want to get at least £10m for him.

He needs to be given Pena wages, if thats what it takes to keep him here.

Not replaceable at all, for the money we have.

He made 2 good defensive blocks in the last ten minutes and put the penalty away but he was still getting caught out at right back far too much I was watching it in disbelief actually 

if anyone’s getting man of the match for that sort of role it should be Fod for those 4 or 5 point blank saves last ten minutes 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He made 2 good defensive blocks in the last ten minutes and put the penalty away but he was still getting caught out at right back far too much I was watching it in disbelief actually 

if anyone’s getting man of the match for that sort of role it should be Fod for those 4 or 5 point blank saves last ten minutes 

Mate honestly thought he was unreal and the best rb performance I've seen for us since hutton.

He set up.the 1st played the ball for the penalty. Had McKay Steven looking like a dick and barely anyone went by him be it mcginn or gms. He was everywhere and involved in absolutely everything. 

Don't think he lost a tackle either last night. 

Imo.easily his best ever game in a Rangers shirt 

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate honestly thought he was unreal and the best rb performance I've seen for us since hutton.

He set up.the 1st played the ball for the penalty. Had McKay Steven looking like a dick and barely anyone went by him be it mcginn or gms. He was everywhere and involved in absolutely everything. 

Don't think he lost a tackle either last night. 

Imo.easily his best ever game in a Rangers shirt 

Honestly words fail me between that and Goss “looks like he’s played there for years” a good result does crazy things to folks perceptions imo 

Tav’s best game was easily against celtic a few weeks ago not last night 

dont get me wrong I’ve seen Tav play a lot lot worse but the defensive side of things at right back he was as bad as ever in that regard but made a couple right good last ditch blocks in the Center half position near the end 

John annoys me as well their late spell of pressure twice he was sleeping at his side when ball was bouncing about 

I might expect way too much I don’t know but I always know what I’m looking for 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Honestly words fail me between that and Goss “looks like he’s played there for years” a good result does crazy things to folks perceptions imo 

dont get me wrong I’ve seen Tav play a lot lot worse but the defensive side of things at right back he was as bad as ever in that regard but made a couple right good last ditch blocks in the Center half position near the end 

John annoys me as well their late spell of pressure twice he was sleeping at his side when ball was bouncing about 

Honestly can't see how you can say that about last night :lol:

Tav was superb and both defensively and going forward he was outstanding. I don't get what more he could've done last night. He was more suspect v the taigs at the back than last night 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

With all due respect, that is utter nonsense. 

37 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You are turning into BP9 with your over inflated opinions which go against most level headed comments.

7 hours ago, PRW. said:

Spot on, give him what he wants to tie him down because if he goes, there’s no way we’ll be able to afford a replacement of the same quality.

Candeias deserves a lot of credit also the last 2 games as he and Tav have struck up a good relationship.

We once argued in here about Candeias and Windass and I said Windass had potential and Candeias was given nothing except criosses, well his over all play has improved, his pressing, tackling, support, defending it has all improved ten fold and I am happy to say I was wrong about the guy and long may it continue.

We have at least half a dozen diamonds in that team now but we must beat the lower teams now and show consistency and we should never be 11 points adrift, we have threw more stupid points away than that, keep winning close the gap to 5 before the break and then see what they are all about, yes we would need to beat them in there own midden and hope someone else beats them in the split , but as big Marven once said " KEEP BELIEVING ":kingbilly:

19 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Dreadful comment. This isn't the OT.

He's not even Chinese - it was a joke. I would rather he tried to debate than just triggered me saying "nonsense" that's no way to carry on.

21 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

You are turning into BP9 with your over inflated opinions which go against most level headed comments.

Did you actually read what I wrote? let me remind you ..I said..

Tav's best game was easily against celtic a few weeks ago.
I've seen him play a lot worse (meaning he didn't actually play badly)
I said he made a couple pof cracking blocks.

and also said myself I might be "expecting too much" .. so what is your problem? because I refuse to join in the Tav wankfest after a good result? listen good results makes people see things and exaggerate hence comments like "best ever game" when his best game IMO was clearly celtic the other week.

Or did you not like my comment on John? do yourself a favour (and me) and watch the game again and tell me I'm talking shite about the examples of both being caught cold position wise at full-back - it's the same every single week and also feel free to look around where this morning I've praised Murty and Fod.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Are you pished?  Seriously Tav was superb with a few last ditch tackles and some threat all round play, remembering GMCKS is hard to play against.  

Goss impresses me because he is always providing an out and demanding the ball, does the simple things well and can actually passed the ball.

I'd love to see Wallace with Declan in front as our left side equivalent of Tav and Candieas, though not sure where that leaves Murphy.

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's not even Chinese - it was a joke. I would rather he tried to debate than just triggered me saying "nonsense" that's no way to carry on.

Did you actually read what I wrote? let me remind you ..I said..

Tav's best game was easily against celtic a few weeks ago.
I've seen him play a lot worse (meaning he didn't actually play badly)
I said he made a couple pof cracking blocks.

and also said myself I might be "expecting too much" .. so what is your problem? because I refuse to join in the Tav wankfest after a good result? listen good results makes people see things and exaggerate hence comments like "best ever game" when his best game IMO was clearly celtic the other week.

Or did you not like my comment on John? do yourself a favour (and me) and watch the game again and tell me I'm talking shite about the examples of both being caught cold position wise at full-back - it's the same every single week and also feel free to look around where this morning I've praised Murty and Fod.

My problem is the amount of drivel that you post. Making yourself out to be the Frank McParland of RM. Some sort of enlightened super fan that see's what the rest of us have missed.

The comments about the amount of times you have watched Rossiter was also a load of pish, again trying to make out you are a super fan.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

My problem is the amount of drivel that you post. Making yourself out to be the Frank McParland of RM. Some sort of enlightened super fan that see's what the rest of us have missed.

The comments about the amount of times you have watched Rossiter was also a load of pish, again trying to make out you are a super fan.

Well start pulling me up on this drivel and debate it then instead of bumping your gums later down the line.

If I am being honest sometimes I do think I am seeing things differently to most of the rest. I will admit that myself. This place has me scratching my head at some of the comments, especially these past few weeks. I certainly don't think I'm a super fan, I couldn't even make the game last night because I choose to stay an extra hour in work to get things done so I'm not fucked this morning with a back-log and watched the game on TV so I am not claiming to be a super anything.

Also the last line is utter, utter pish. Where did I claim to have watched Rossiter a "load" I have always said a couple of times for Liverpool and 2 maybe 3 times for England under 19's when he either signed or we were rumoured to be signing him and of course all 10 times he's played for us ... so don't lie and talk pish and try to create an argument that's not there. I think he's an average player ... I will remember your comments when he's in the English lower leagues shortly and maybe you'll be a man and apologise for being a dickl.

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Are you pished?  Seriously Tav was superb with a few last ditch tackles and some threat all round play, remembering GMCKS is hard to play against.  

Goss impresses me because he is always providing an out and demanding the ball, does the simple things well and can actually passed the ball.

I'd love to see Wallace with Declan in front as our left side equivalent of Tav and Candieas, though not sure where that leaves Murphy.

I acknowledged the last ditch tackles but I am talking about the usual aspects of his game. I am obviously in the minority on this one but if we are giving anyone man of the match for saving us in defence then it's Fod. No contest. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Well start pulling me up on this drivel and debate it then instead of bumping your gums later down the line.

If I am being honest sometimes I do think I am seeing things differently to most of the rest. I will admit that myself. This place has me scratching my head at some of the comments, especially these past few weeks. I certainly don't think I'm a super fan, I couldn't even make the game last night because I choose to stay an extra hour in work to get things done so I'm not fucked this morning with a back-log and watched the game on TV so I am not claiming to be a super anything.

Also the last line is utter, utter pish. Where did I claim to have watched Rossiter a "load" I have always said a couple of times for Liverpool and 2 maybe 3 times for England under 19's when he either signed or we were rumoured to be signing him and of course all 10 times he's played for us ... so don't lie and talk pish and try to create an argument that's not there. I think he's an average player ... I will remember your comments when he's in the English lower leagues shortly and maybe you'll be a man and apologise for being a dickl.

Oooooh you are going to remember my comments. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Oooooh you are going to remember my comments. :rofl:

You seem to be remembering plenty of mine and bringing them up now so what's the difference?

Next time don't be a wee shite bag when I say something you take issue with debate me on it at the time instead of sitting there aw frustrated and stock-piling wee snippets that seem to annoy ye. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

You seem to be remembering plenty of mine and bringing them up now so what's the difference?

Next time don't be a wee shite bag when I say something you take issue with debate me on it at the time instead of sitting there aw frustrated and stock-piling wee snippets that seem to annoy ye. 

I don't have the time or inclination to deal with the constant tripe you post. 

Funnily enough your not as big a deal as you think.

8 hours ago, PRW. said:

No. We sell him and make a big profit. Harsh realities of our situation. He's been brilliant but I reckon we're getting into the window of cashing in on him.

Gutted if it comes to him going though. Been a great servant to the club. Tavs always tried his hardest. Even when he's not having a great game you can't fault his commitment. 

Tavernier has been our best player all season. His defending last year was not great but this year it has greatly improved. Sometimes even our best defender. It seems a lot of fans seem to pick out the negatives and ignore the positives. Strange. Hope we tie him down on a new deal soon anyway.