James Tavernier: I have unfinished business at Ibrox and I'm fully committed to Rangers

jackrfc95

26 minutes ago, Del said:

Always been a fan of his and I dont think his defending is anywhere near as bad as some make out!

Hes only 26 and suit the modern day fullback style to a T as well as a major threat from set pieces.

We should be offering him an improved contract with at least another 3 years and maybe putting in a minimum fee clause, we arrent going to stop him leaving to go to a premier league club but we should make sure we are in a position to demand a good fee if he decides he wants to go.

K.A.I won't like this.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't offer a contract extension it would tell us how ambitious this board really are, This guy has more to offer us than most other players we have at the moment, we need to keep him or make sure we are covered financially if he does move on eventually.

Let him get on to continue playing in his rich vein of form, we can monitor the situation again in the summer!!

If tav himself states he won't sign a new deal it's up to the club to assess the value he brings to the team or whether we are better of selling, imho if we are getting close to the tims I would rather keep him for that season in the hope he plays an integral part in us being able to win the league next season......for me that will outweigh the likely 2-3million we would most probably receive for his signature.

59 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Which means give me a big rise or I'm off....

I'm not sure what kinda money Tav is on but I'm certain he signed an improved deal under MW at the same time waghorn didn't sign?

To be fair his form deserves an improved deal but I would be wary of breaking the bank to keep him as he can be dug shite at times also

Tavernier has arguably played well throughout his time at Rangers. There has been moments were his ability has been called in to question but the sustained run in Scotland's top flight has undoubtedly helped him improve his game. 

Overall, I would be all for a new and reasonably priced contract with it in mind that one day we may be moving him on. When that day comes, we really should be looking at maximising the value we receive for him. It is high time Rangers Football Club receive what we are due for our players! Insert a clause for a minimum fee, future payments or whatever. Just make sure we get our dues.

On the flip side, selling our best players isn't going to win us any trophies. Players like Foderingham, Tavernier and Morelos are of required quality to win this league but it is those round about them that matter. Get him signed up for a serious title push next season.

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He needs to start crediting me with sending the message thats made him kick on this season

Can you send wee Morelos a message mate? Just to advise him to stop missing sitters and commit himself to Rangers. He can't speak a word of English but I'm sure if you jazz the message up with emoji's, capital letters and exclamation marks he'll get the point. 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Let him get on to continue playing in his rich vein of form, we can monitor the situation again in the summer!!

If tav himself states he won't sign a new deal it's up to the club to assess the value he brings to the team or whether we are better of selling, imho if we are getting close to the tims I would rather keep him for that season in the hope he plays an integral part in us being able to win the league next season......for me that will outweigh the likely 2-3million we would most probably receive for his signature.

which is only 5 months before he can sign a pre contract elsewhere. Its really not easy making a decision on players like him whether its worth making him a good offer now or waiting 5 months to a time when his bargaining power has increased

4 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

K.A.I won't like this.

Why? he only wants whats best for the club and on current form Tav is an asset, he actually seems to be improving with each game ,sure @K.A.I would be well happy to see him tied down rather than leave for buttons.

4 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Wheres that cunt @esquire8 whose been spreading storys in the transfer forum he's off?

Good to hear from the player he's happy and committed, now its up to the board to protect one of our best assets

Thank you for that kind description of me.

Has he signed a new contract? Has he said he wants to stay past the 18 months left on his current contract?

Every player always says he is committed to his contract. Until he signs that contract I stick by what we should do. I always said I would love him to stay and sign a new contract but if he doesn't then he should be sold, either now or in the summer.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Thank you for that kind description of me.

Has he signed a new contract? Has he said he wants to stay past the 18 months left on his current contract?

Every player always says he is committed to his contract. Until he signs that contract I stick by what we should do. I always said I would love him to stay and sign a new contract but if he doesn't then he should be sold, either now or in the summer.

Its a west of scotland thing bro everyones a cunt, a good cunt or a horrible cunt.

Seems to me like hes put the ball in the boards court, nowt wrong with him looking for a deal that reflects his status as one of our best players, which he is, he seems to be getting better and better, with Jimmy Nics coaching his defending can only improve, we saw glimpses of that last night.

But I agree if he refuses a contract in the summer, no indication whatsoever he wont, he should be sold.

13 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Why? he only wants whats best for the club and on current form Tav is an asset, he actually seems to be improving with each game ,sure @K.A.I would be well happy to see him tied down rather than leave for buttons.

Exactly - I don’t want him forced out or sold for pennies - he’s an asset at the moment,, I’d just rather have a right back who’s a better defender - the guy you quoted is a clown mate bangs on about me not respecting others opinions but him and a couple others refused to accept my opinion above because they don’t like it themselves which makes them hypocrites. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly - I don’t want him forced out or sold for pennies - he’s an asset at the moment,, I’d just rather have a right back who’s a better defender - the guy you quoted is a clown mate bangs on about me not respecting others opinions but him and a couple others refused to accept my opinion above because they don’t like it themselves which makes them hypocrites. 

Cause you're right most of the time mate and some of it aint palatable or popular.

As much as I tend to agree with 99% of your content I soooo want you to be wrong about Rossiter.

Thing is though unlike some on here you'd be delighted to be wrong

Just now, wewillfollowrangers said:

Cause you're right most of the time mate and some of it aint palatable or popular.

As much as I tend to agree with 99% of your content I soooo want you to be wrong about Rossiter.

Thing is though unlike some on here you'd be delighted to be wrong

I’d love to be wrong about every negative opinion I hold mate 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I’d love to be wrong about every negative opinion I hold mate 

Club before ego bro , shines through with you.

When you came back to these boards think I said to you you weren't a supporter. you thought I meant taig, but I knew you'd traveled more miles to watch Rangers than Ive had wanks, what I meant was you seemed jaded, almost out of love for the club, good to see you've got it back.