James Tavernier: I have unfinished business at Ibrox and I'm fully committed to Rangers

jackrfc95

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

His agent will be wanting him to be one of the highest paid players in the country to sign a new deal. I don't think our club are prepared to do that for a right back who isn't even an international. 

Depends who we ship out in the summer.

Alves, Kranjcar, Miller and Herrara are all probably in the top wage bracket for us and not making one bit of difference to our season right now. (Rossiter too, last I heard he was on 10k a week.)

I'd be more than happy to bring in young guys with potential, and who will play for a reasonable wage compared to the players above, and use the freed up money to secure Tav and Morelos for the foreseeable future.

One thing I don't want to do is replace them with experienced big name players, we should use the wage budget more wisely.

19 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

His agent will be wanting him to be one of the highest paid players in the country to sign a new deal. I don't think our club are prepared to do that for a right back who isn't even an international. 

Aye because he's going to keep the 50m Walker out the England team you crackpot

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Aye because he's going to keep the 50m Walker out the England team you crackpot

Ryan Jack is now an internationalist. He's had one cap. He doesn't have to displace Walker full time. But he could be in and around the set up, why not? The quality of English full backs is horrendous. Tav has to be close to that. The club should be pushing it. And the value goes up and up and up. 

54 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Yaaassssss! Was waiting for this. Can't mind the poster in the transfer forum but remember the cunt saying Tav was 100% away and looking for a move back down south. Probably another obsessed tarrier right enough! ?

I know Tav has his critics but i'd be delighted if he signed a new deal. Of course, there are some weaknesses in his game.

Me and my mates were discussing this al, the way backup from the game - he really is a good footballer,athletic,quick, strong and a genuine attacking threat. He's no Sandy Jardine but lets face it if we had a Sandy Jardine nowadays he would be in the prem as quick as look at him. 

In short, he's as good a player as we can retain nowadays - get the deal done Rangers 

By far and away a much improved player since he signed for us. His final ball is our most effective weapon now, and his goal contribution invaluable. Still a wee bit suspect defensively, but again he has improved recently. 

Put it this way, and it would take a substantial sum to replace him. 

On 27/01/2018 at 07:05, Tenerife Bear said:

Ryan Jack is now an internationalist. He's had one cap. He doesn't have to displace Walker full time. But he could be in and around the set up, why not? The quality of English full backs is horrendous. Tav has to be close to that. The club should be pushing it. And the value goes up and up and up. 

Eduardo Herrera and Pena both internationalists, often means fuk all.  Martin, Elves and Ginger in our defense, only the latter looks like an internationalist recently.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Could make an argument for Fod and maybe Windass but that's it tbh.

Windass is definitely contributing. I just don't know about Wes. He has been decent and was unreal for those last few minutes against the sheep, but i cant help thinking he is relatively average.