Hampden: Rangers and tarriers make bid for Scotland games and cup finals

Mr Soprano

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Murray field for the same reason I don't like Hampden, you feel to far away from the pitch.

Although I agree with it being a neutral ground for semis/finals.

We all know the Tim's will get the Scotland games.

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

So those saying fuck the sfa, are you happy for sellik to get funding to repair and upgrade their stadium from sfa and GCC?

Cutting our nose off to spite your face. 

Edit, add in Scottish government  funding 

Literally nobody has said fuck the SFA in this thread 

Just now, dummiesoot said:

So those saying fuck the sfa, are you happy for sellik to get funding to repair and upgrade their stadium from sfa and GCC?

Aye mate we're all buzzing about it.

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Edit, add in Scottish government  funding 

It doesn’t matter how much noise we make about it, it’ll go the way of the tarriers and it’s been coming since the SFA said they were looking elsewhere. 

No chance we will get any of the games, look at the regeneration of the area around the tattie dome paid for by taxpayers, they will get there midden regenerated at our cost. 

The only fair way would be for them to get Scotland games and us to get cup games. 

I would be very surprised if Ibrox is used for any of it. 

3 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Lawell sees the revenue this could net the tarriers, we can't let this happen or they will be even further ahead financially, the revenue must be split equally or were fucked, don't  hear him shouting about football integrity now do we? 

I could not agree more, not pursuing this would be biting of our nose to spite our face IMO.

We might need to fight dirty to beat the wankers and that is my concern with our board and bridge building.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

There would likely be money from it - both in fees for games but also in stadium maintenance. If we can get the games we should.

Significant was the key word there, unless it's going to be enough to benefit us we should tell them to ram it.

Just now, Gustav said:

Significant was the key word there, unless it's going to be enough to benefit us we should tell them to ram it.

What would you deem significant though - do you have a scale of reference for how much you think we should be paid?

For me 'significant' would be monies for stadium maintenance and fees for games. The old lady is looking tired and although the board are slowly making the changes needed, it's going to take a while. I don't think we're in a position to be turning our noses up to a sensible revenue stream like this. Regardless of our ill feelings towards the SFA.