Hampden: Rangers and tarriers make bid for Scotland games and cup finals

Mr Soprano

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I could not agree more, not pursuing this would be biting of our nose to spite our face IMO.

We might need to fight dirty to beat the wankers and that is my concern with our board and bridge building.

If our board let this happen then whatever credibility they have left will be gone, can't let this happen at any cost. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

What would you deem significant though - do you have a scale of reference for how much you think we should be paid?

For me 'significant' would be monies for stadium maintenance and fees for games. The old lady is looking tired and although the board are slowly making the changes needed, it's going to take a while. I don't think we're in a position to be turning our noses up to a sensible revenue stream like this. Regardless of our ill feelings towards the SFA.

I don't have a figure in mind no

The thought of 50k tartan army turning up and filling Ibrox with yes flags/plastering stickers all over the place is vomit inducing enough to make me not want this to happen

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I'm thinking the same actually mate, a lot of this could be posturing to just get a cheaper Hampden deal and look like they're considering all options

That was my thought aswell, put it out there that it's expensive to get a better deal and possibly some funding while keeping things the same. 

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

The thought of 50k tartan army turning up and filling Ibrox with yes flags/plastering stickers all over the place is vomit inducing enough to make me not want this to happen

I get that. 

As long as we’re billing the SFA for immediate cleanup (and chair repair no doubt) then I’d grudging go along with it for the extra income. 

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Me too, but it’s a very small price to pay if it helps us financially. It would also be a PR disaster if the scum got it and we didn’t. 

Their stadium would become “the National stadium”. 

Look at all the fuss around the commonwealth games, imagine that every time there was an international game. 

I’d rather or stadium was back to its best and our brand was being broadcast across the world; rather than worry about a few stickers and flags. 

Me too, but it’s a very small price to pay if it helps us financially. It would also be a PR disaster if the scum got it and we didn’t. 

Their stadium would become “the National stadium”. 

Look at all the fuss around the commonwealth games, imagine that every time there was an international game. 

I’d rather or stadium was back to its best and our brand was being broadcast across the world; rather than worry about a few stickers and flags. 

Not sure how much of a PR disaster it would be if a stadium that holds an extra 10k got it?

Honestly didn't really see any fuss re the commonwealth games, or the semis/internationals that were played at Ibrox a few years ago.

And it won't be our brand it will be the SFA.

IF it's true that the piggery isn't in a fit state of repair then surely us, the Sfa, gcc et al should be insisting that it is brought up to standard by the scum before any leasing proposal could be considered? Why would anyone consider leasing a substandard venue , doing it up at your own expense when the main  beneficiary will be the owner and principal user, especially when alternative venues are available? Makes no sense to me. 

9 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Not sure how much of a PR disaster it would be if a stadium that holds an extra 10k got it?

Honestly didn't really see any fuss re the commonwealth games, or the semis/internationals that were played at Ibrox a few years ago.

And it won't be our brand it will be the SFA.

You honestly don't believe it would be a PR win for the scum and a loss for us if their stadium became the national stadium?! Come off it mate, you're being daft now. 

In regards to the 'fuss'. How about that new walk way which was built for them? Or the stadium maintenance and upgrades they received? Not to mention the commentary about how wonderful the stadium is.

Not to be patronising but think you've miss-understood how branding works. It would be images of our famous stadium, logos, crests beamed all over the world. It would be international fans visiting our ground. It reinforces the fact we are still a reconigsed global force in football. What do you think the SFA are going to do cover everything up?

You honestly don't believe it would be a PR win for the scum and a loss for us if their stadium became the national stadium?! Come off it mate, you're being daft now. 

in regards to the 'fuss'. How about that new walk way which was built for them? Or the stadium maintenance and upgrades they received? Not to mention the commentary about how wonderful the stadium is.

Not to be patronising but think you've miss-understood how branding works. It would be images of our famous stadium, logos, crests beamed all over the world. It would be international fans visiting our ground. It reinforces the fact we are still a reconigsed global force in football. What do you think the SFA are going to do cover everything up?

No I don't and even if it was a PR win for them who cares? It's not a big deal.

'Not to be patronising' then you go on a patronising rant :lol: Being Scotland's national stadium wouldn't reinforce that we are a global force in football what a ridiculous statement to make.

1 hour ago, Mr Soprano said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42824301

Would honestly prefer Murrayfield for semis and finals. Had a class day through there at the Hearts game.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the filth chosen, though.

Cmon mate . We know they would be chosen . This City is corrupt as fuck

15 minutes ago, Gustav said:

'Not to be patronising' then you go on a patronising rant :lol: Being Scotland's national stadium wouldn't reinforce that we are a global force in football what a ridiculous statement to make.

Saying Queens Park aren’t a global force? 

27 minutes ago, Gustav said:

You're looking at one point in isolation which doesn't really reflect the whole point I'm making. 

But if we're only focusing on that...

In any brand strategy you need multiple points which reinforce the legitimacy of your brand. This would be another. 

The Queens Park argument is not relevant; they have no global presence in the first place and little obvious branding around the stadium - therefore no brand to reinforce. 

Patronising probably the wrong choice of words there, apologies. PR and Branding is my profession, so was just trying to get across the value this would have. :tu:

41 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

IF it's true that the piggery isn't in a fit state of repair then surely us, the Sfa, gcc et al should be insisting that it is brought up to standard by the scum before any leasing proposal could be considered? Why would anyone consider leasing a substandard venue , doing it up at your own expense when the main  beneficiary will be the owner and principal user, especially when alternative venues are available? Makes no sense to me. 

When did Scottish football make sense