Hampden: Rangers and tarriers make bid for Scotland games and cup finals

Mr Soprano

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

You only have to look at the amount of taig schools getting built now they have infested our country and every council not just GCC.

They should pull hampden down and build what the Welsh have a fucking sporting arena not just for footy but everything including a bastard roof we are miles behind cause of those corrupt mutants!

I have no time for the international set up as it is rotten to the core and as you can see the bigger picture I don't need to tell you if hampden is levelled then the power falls into the tarriers hands even more, sharing internationals and cup games, you'll get the crusts just like we did during the commonwealth games, we'll be sharing titles next! Who said that!!!!! Hampdump should stay where it is in Glasgow but that may be too late, hearing those involved are already budgeting for a life without it, they'll be richer than us and the rest except one, guess who !

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Me too, but it’s a very small price to pay if it helps us financially. It would also be a PR disaster if the scum got it and we didn’t. 

Their stadium would become “the National stadium”. 

Look at all the fuss around the commonwealth games, imagine that every time there was an international game. 

I’d rather or stadium was back to its best and our brand was being broadcast across the world; rather than worry about a few stickers and flags. 

It's a no brainer .The beggars getting control of anything to do with semi finals and finals .And of course the benefits ,we KNOW they would get from the Council and other sources 

Anyone being annoyed because our ground would get some stickers put up or someone sitting on our seats needs to wake up 

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Murrayfield for me, keeps it neutral and its the easiest to get too. 

I can't see that happening Brian 

It's name is being used as a curve ball 

No intentions of considering it I bet .Just  trying to kid on they are being open minded .

Would't have a problem with it but I think the Sfa would rather keep power in corrupt Glasgow 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I can't see that happening Brian 

It's name is being used is a curve ball 

No intentions of considering it I bet ,just  trying to kid on they are open minded .

Would't have a problem with it but I think the Sfa would rather keep power in corrupt Glasgow 

Agreed mate but it's the sensible option. We all know that the SFA and sense don't go together. They'll probably taks the new national manager to decide.

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Don’t want the tartan arseholes anywhere near our stadium or 20 odd thousand of them either in cup finals 

That's being small minded on this one for me mate 

We can't just keep giving them everything because of our pride and arrogance 

A cold seat is a cold seat ...It still cold seat when I go back to it 

The fight to our enemies has to start somewhere, or this will be something we may regret for rest of our lives 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Are we talking about Hamdump or the Piggery :dance:

It's splitting hairs which one is worse 

Both are stinking shitpits mate but we’ve been getting softend up to move to tarrier bowl for about a year now. 

Ive no doubt we will get a couple of token fixtures to shut us up right enough

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Both are stinking shitpits mate but we’ve been getting softend up to move to tarrier bowl for about a year now. 

Ive no doubt we will get a couple of token fixtures to shit us up right enough

That's exactly the way I see it 

Our support will argue the toss .Our club will do and say nothing 

And beggars will get what ever they want 

Probably Scot free 

4 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Should be split between both of us, we know it won’t tho.

League cup - Piggery

Scottish cup - Ibrox

Switch around the following season.

you are forgetting this is Scotland 

common sense and logic doesn't go down well 

if there's a quick short term buck then it's all good to go in this tarrier controlled country 

3 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

No chance we will get any of the games, look at the regeneration of the area around the tattie dome paid for by taxpayers, they will get there midden regenerated at our cost. 

The only fair way would be for them to get Scotland games and us to get cup games. 

I would be very surprised if Ibrox is used for any of it. 

100% they will get a stadium revamp out of this 

The SFA have no intention of leaving Hampden, all of this and the Murrayfield debate is designed and generated/promoted by the SFA and their mates in the media to get the rental significantly reduced at the National Stadium ... which is currently under renegotiation.

Smoke and mirrors, nothing else.

On 26 January 2018 at 10:52, reallyruff said:

IF it's true that the piggery isn't in a fit state of repair then surely us, the Sfa, gcc et al should be insisting that it is brought up to standard by the scum before any leasing proposal could be considered? Why would anyone consider leasing a substandard venue , doing it up at your own expense when the main  beneficiary will be the owner and principal user, especially when alternative venues are available? Makes no sense to me. 

I've heard his too. Guess who'd be moving into Hampden ? Not rocket science is it ?

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

In my view Hampden has had its best days, can be difficult to travel to depending on where people come from in Scotland and is a poor venue for bringing spectators close to the action on the pitch.   The game should move on from there to new venues for cup finals and internationals.   

I'd favour keeping football money in football and not shared with the SRU for using Murrayfield.

So if its a joint Rangers and the other lot pitch to the SFA surely the path of least controversy should be Rangers get the Scottish Cup final one year and the other lot get it the following year and each getting a semi final game, with the reverse for the league cup.   Both clubs get a final each year and both get a semi final.     The SFA to indemnify each club (or take fully adequate insurance) for any loss or damage to stadium and to be responsible for all security etc costs of hosting SFA events......the point being that neither club should suffer loss or additional cost of repairs etc due to any damage inflicted on a stadium during a SFA event.   And for internationals, a rota regardless of who the opposition are, and to include options to host a specified number of games at other stadiums over running periods of (say)3 seasons with the underlying principle that neither of the OF clubs get more international games than the other averaged out over (say) a  3 year period so that the opportunity for revenue generation is the same for both clubs proportionate to the amount of supporters each stadium can hold.   

Plus the Bogs are green and white.

13 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about this.

We are not competing with the beasts to get these games. We have made a joint proposal with them to take over the role of Hampden at Ibrox and the piggery.

Should really be a different venue around the Clubs that want to host Scotland games.

Stadia permitting.