Hampden: Rangers and tarriers make bid for Scotland games and cup finals

Mr Soprano

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about this.

We are not competing with the beasts to get these games. We have made a joint proposal with them to take over the role of Hampden at Ibrox and the piggery.

With our weak as piss board . I wouldn't want to hazard a guess as to what their concessions would be .

I would rather we were being bullish on this  , than not

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Should really be a different venue around the Clubs that want to host Scotland games.

Stadia permitting.

If it was left like that . Beggars would just get all the bigger and best games

It would be carved up like it has been for ages

1 hour ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

You can bet your bottom dollar the taigs will have Scotland games at parkhead and have the SFA pay the bill for repaire similar to what happened when GCC used it for commonwealth games.

I honestly think this is their plan . I'd prefer if Rangers just got behind the Hampden option . 

3 hours ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

You can bet your bottom dollar the taigs will have Scotland games at parkhead and have the SFA pay the bill for repaire similar to what happened when GCC used it for commonwealth games.

iv been thinking similar myself .but started to think the way hampden is leased .

hampden is owned by a separate company and sfa pay rent .any repairs maintenance the owner pays for 

if at some point the sfa leave hampden and move to the piggery or any other ground the host will be liable for any upgrade or maintenance. 

if at any point the sfa start investing in any ground all football fans need to unite to expose the corruption and vote witj their feet and take any complaints to all relevant bodies 

I see the corrupt GCC are now in on the act, asking the SFA to extend the lease for another five years after 2020 and take it from there, looking at ways to improve the football experience.

Now these corrupt taig infested bastards would serve their time better keeping their noses out of football and spend more time on finding funds to build social housing and such other more charitable projects that benefit the poorest in the community instead of throwing money at a corrupt football association. Beggars fucking believe.

9 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

In my view Hampden has had its best days, can be difficult to travel to depending on where people come from in Scotland and is a poor venue for bringing spectators close to the action on the pitch.   The game should move on from there to new venues for cup finals and internationals.   

I'd favour keeping football money in football and not shared with the SRU for using Murrayfield.

So if its a joint Rangers and the other lot pitch to the SFA surely the path of least controversy should be Rangers get the Scottish Cup final one year and the other lot get it the following year and each getting a semi final game, with the reverse for the league cup.   Both clubs get a final each year and both get a semi final.     The SFA to indemnify each club (or take fully adequate insurance) for any loss or damage to stadium and to be responsible for all security etc costs of hosting SFA events......the point being that neither club should suffer loss or additional cost of repairs etc due to any damage inflicted on a stadium during a SFA event.   And for internationals, a rota regardless of who the opposition are, and to include options to host a specified number of games at other stadiums over running periods of (say)3 seasons with the underlying principle that neither of the OF clubs get more international games than the other averaged out over (say) a  3 year period so that the opportunity for revenue generation is the same for both clubs proportionate to the amount of supporters each stadium can hold.   

Will you stop talking sense, it’ll never catch on! ?

Any country without a national stadium is a divided country. Sums up Scotland in a nutshell. Tolerence, inclucevnes and integration is a smokescreen. All roads point to chaos. Suits the Government, SFA and other major players. We are like the lambs to the slaughter. The end game is near, for they fear the rising of the Bear.

45 minutes ago, Quiet Jim said:

Any country without a national stadium is a divided country. Sums up Scotland in a nutshell. Tolerence, inclucevnes and integration is a smokescreen. All roads point to chaos. Suits the Government, SFA and other major players. We are like the lambs to the slaughter. The end game is near, for they fear the rising of the Bear.

giving up the national stadium will seem like a great thing to a minority .some of whom have self centred intentions 

it won't take a generation to pass before there is deep regret for the loss of a national stadium hits home 

and the self inflicted downward spiral of our national sport will be out of control 

I never paid the 2014 Commonwealth Games the slightest bit of attention, but there was a wee snippet on television the other night of a wee bit of the athletics, and it got me wondering again - just how did the bastards manage to get the opening ceremony held at that midden of theirs instead of Hampden, with all the public expenditure that went with it?

Why did nobody in any position of influence have the balls to question that?  It still stinks to high heaven.

18 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

giving up the national stadium will seem like a great thing to a minority .some of whom have self centred intentions 

it won't take a generation to pass before there is deep regret for the loss of a national stadium hits home 

and the self inflicted downward spiral of our national sport will be out of control 

It is already out of control and in the shit house. A big part of the problem is the corrupt incompetent self serving cunts at the SFA who run our game. As for hampdump, it is from the past and keeps us in the past. Behind the facade it is a shithole, not suited as a football arena. The game has moved on and so has stadia. Ours is as embarassng as our team. 

We are in the dark ages. Time for change!

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It is already out of control and in the shit house. A big part of the problem is the corrupt incompetent self serving cunts at the SFA who run our game. As for hampdump, it is from the past and keeps us in the past. Behind the facade it is a shithole, not suited as a football arena. The game has moved on and so has stadia. Ours is as embarassng as our team. 

We are in the dark ages. Time for change!

Hampden is a disgrace, considering how much was spent on it fairly recently. Three sides of it is basically the old terracings with seats.

Once again, those who should have been asking questions at the time didn't.

7 hours ago, magic8ball said:

iv been thinking similar myself .but started to think the way hampden is leased .

hampden is owned by a separate company and sfa pay rent .any repairs maintenance the owner pays for 

if at some point the sfa leave hampden and move to the piggery or any other ground the host will be liable for any upgrade or maintenance. 

if at any point the sfa start investing in any ground all football fans need to unite to expose the corruption and vote witj their feet and take any complaints to all relevant bodies 

I think they'd be looking , as a condition , to have their shithole upgraded ( by the relative authorities ) to be worthy as the national stadium . Thereafter they would liable for maintenance . 

I want them to stay at Hampden or go to Murrayfield. Unless we get a really good deal then I don't want the SFA near our stadium. And I don't want them using porkhead either which we all know is likely to happen if they move out of Hampden. 

It won't go to Murrayfield despite having the largest capacity in Scotland and it won't come to us despite our stadium having a UEFA Elite status (like Hampden). It'll go to that lot in the east because the SFA/celtic/GCC are all in cahoots with each other. 

Wales have managed to get a modern stadium that’s one of the best in the UK with a population almost 2.5 million less than Scotland. 

The fact that our pathetic football association is unable to deliver a similar stadium sums up how corrupt they bastards are if they do create a deal that allows revenue to go to help fund the scums legal cost for abusing children. 

Murrayfield should be updated and developed which will create a similar situation to the Welsh. 

10 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

They will leave it until a couple of days before the first game there and then fire the safety report on Regans desk. 

They'll cite the enviable transport links and recent regeneration of the surrounding area as the reasons castle greyskull was chosen over other options. Nothing to see here, move along....