Mark Allen

Smile

7006166.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Mark Allen, Do you think he has brought some much-needed Professionalism to our negotiations/transfers since he's had the chance to negotiate in a Transfer window. 

It clearly ran poorly before but since he's had a chance to work on Transfers it's improved remarkably.  

This is why we should have more Professionalism throughout the Club.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people were quick to point fingers at Mark Allen, wrongly in my opinion, when it wasnt very clear what his role was.

If he has been the one responsible for sounding out moves for players like Murphy, Martin, Cummings and Doherty then he does deserve a lot of credit, especially as it is obvious we are working under tight financial constraints.

Another big feather in his cap, if he was invoked, has to be the way Pena was moved on and I think its important that some of the other squad players are now sold as well!

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wait and see if they're good.

You can never Guarantee that with any signing, at the Level/price we are Signing to get one good player out of five is Probably good work.

This thread is more about the way the deals have been structured and how effectively he's going about his Business.

4 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Wonder why MA didn't get a say in any of it ? Maybe a timing thing.

Don't think he was officially in his role until the end of the summer, which made it even more bewildering why he was getting stick from some fans before even having a transfer window.

Said the same when there was a thread criticizing him a month or two ago, I think with a position like his (transfers, setting up scouting etc.) it's way to soon to judge.

I was critical of him not too long ago because I couldn't see why or what he was doing but if he has been leading the transfers and selection of players so far in January then I have to say he's done a great job. Loans with options to buy are ideal for us right now considering the wage bill. The type of players (age, ability, fans of us and knowledge of the Scottish game) he's signed has also been a good indication he's got a plan at least.

His real task though this window is getting rid of some deadwood however that's a difficult task that most with struggle with.

7 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Don't think he was officially in his role until the end of the summer, which made it even more bewildering why he was getting stick from some fans before even having a transfer window.

Said the same when there was a thread criticizing him a month or two ago, I think with a position like his (transfers, setting up scouting etc.) it's way to soon to judge.

You can see a clear difference since he's come in regarding the transfers policy, deals seem to be negotiated in our favour and handled better.

32 minutes ago, Smile said:

7006166.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Mark Allen, Do you think he has brought some much-needed Professionalism to our negotiations/transfers since he's had the chance to negotiate in a Transfer window. 

It clearly ran poorly before but since he's had a chance to work on Transfers it's improved remarkably.  

This is why we should have more Professionalism throughout the Club.

Don't recall having many issues in previous transfer windows other than with Hibs when they were determined not to sell to us.

Certainly has been good business done this time around.

3 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

I think so, and with minimal risk.  If any of these loans (where we have option to buy) do not work out then we can say thank you, and let them return to their club without having to spend a large fee. 

Yes, it gives us a stronger hand if we have in place option to buy first.

We’ve done really well IMO. 

I’d like to see MOH moved on but I don’t think he’ll want to go. 

I’d like Barjonas to go on loan and I’d like to have Kranjcar, Herrera, Dodoo and Rossiter sold. 

Can’t see it but we should be looking to get rid of probably about 10 players this window and the next