Third Lanark documentary 27/01/2018 9pm

2 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I have no idea. They never had any paint on them at all when I went there. 

I recorded that documentary and have just finished watching it. Very sad story :(  makes you wonder what kind of supports both us and the taigs would have today...

You obviously took my advice about going there as soon as you could. 

Did you enjoy it?

Just watched it there after taping it.

If Rangers was never around, it seems the type of club I would have enjoyed following. It seemed quite a popular team.

Yeah it's a cracking ground. I really hope the amateur team continue to rise up the divisions. They want to be in league 2 within the next 10 years. Hopefully they get the investment to upgrade the ground.

Do you live near that area?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thirdlanarkman said:

he complained to the council that the barriers were red (Third Lanark colours)

Seriously? Why the fuck would anyone do that. Even if a Ranges s Colt team played there, if there was any work done to do the place up a bit, I would keep it as close as it could be to the original stadium, including Third Lanark colours. 

We should be trying to preserve history like that. I doubt there is anywhere in the world like it. 

2 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

If Rangers was never around, it seems the type of club I would have enjoyed following. It seemed quite a popular team.

Yeah it's a cracking ground. I really hope the amateur team continue to rise up the divisions. They want to be in league 2 within the next 10 years. Hopefully they get the investment to upgrade the ground.

I stayed a 10min walk from it a couple of years ago for a few months, but na don't stay anywhere near it. I'm RIGHT on the West Coast. Closest I've every properly lived to the ground is Castlemilk. 

12 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I stayed a 10min walk from it a couple of years ago for a few months, but na don't stay anywhere near it. I'm RIGHT on the West Coast. Closest I've every properly lived to the ground is Castlemilk. 

Look at this 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cathkin-Park-Third-Lanark-F-C-scaled-model/282686211755?hash=item41d16946ab:g:ZrAAAOSwIC1Z2iUA

I would buy an Ibrox one if I had the money.

15 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

Aye, that's class. An Ibrox one would look unbelievable. 

If only...

13 hours ago, PolarBear1972 said:

VHS or Betamax?

21 hours ago, PolarBear1972 said:

Good find on ebay . Impressive model .

If it were the old Ibrox . I would love one myself 6000 grand though :ohmy:

3 hours ago, JohnHardie said:

I wonder what percentage of their fanbase shifted over to supporting us. I would imagine it would be quite high.

The biggest beneficiaries were I think Pollok FC - there were also some who couldn’t bear following another team I guess when their beloved club was lost

Lived in Boyd street in the sixties. As a 10 year old used to go to Cathkin for the last 20minutes to collect the ginger bottles. My father used to go occasionally and told me the fans would go to Cathkin one week and when the we’re away they would go and watch Queens Park. Remember not many cars in these days. My father was a Rangers man and would get the trolley bus to Govan to watch the Gers. In 1966 I begged him to take me to cup final at Hampden, he told me there was no chance of this as crowd would be to big and he went on his own. It ended in a draw and he said He would take me to the replay as it was a Wednesday night and crowd would not be as large. Well there was over 100,000 and Kia Johanson scored the winning goal against the tic. That was me hooked. Used to love watching the Rangers fans walking up Cathcart Road singing. Remember only trolley buses and buses in those days. Back on track, it was really sad to see the Hi Hi goes the way they did.