BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Disagree. It will only do him good, get him started and get him the minutes he needs, it's the only way. When I played after being out for any period of time it was far easier starting a game and busting a gut knackering yourself because the next game you felt so much better. Would prefer coming off after 50/60 mins than coming on for the last 15, it benefited much more IMO. That and the chances Alfredo misses I think cumming would lap up so maybe the game would be over by that point the subs came. 

Certainly don't need to be a retard to think that, up to you though 

That's a fair point I suppose.

Still disagree though, if he's not match fit and comes on late in games against tired defences to build matcb fitness even for a few games at first then he's more likely to make an impact and build confidence. If we start him just now and he starts blowing early and ends up anonymous until he's taken off then it won't do him any favours.

Took his goal well today, even if it was deflected but we need to see much more from him before deciding he would bury all the chances Morelos wastes. I can't decide if we're overrating Cummings too early or just turning on Morelos because of this supposed interview he's done but some seem suddenly keen to drop him. For me if we're only starting 1 up front then it's a no brainer to keep Morelos in there.

Once they're both fit then I hope and expect to see a partnership formed.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

EPL teams wont be interested it would be Championship clubs and I doubt Cummings would go back there so soon.

Morelos views us as a stepping stone.  Cummings is far more likely to stay and make a career here.  I think Cummings will be here long after Morelos is gone.

I hope he is because then we’ll have millions of pounds from Morelos’ transfer and a good striker who can take over. 

Mum sure he said he wanted to play in the premier league and his agent came out recently saying he’s very happy at Rangers, he’ll be here another 2 seasons at least

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The league Cummings scored 20+ a season in for 3 years while only a teenager?  Aye, he was pure shite down there :lol:

I never said he was shite down there. I said we've only seen him performing in that league. We haven't seen him do it in the top flight yet.

It's almost as if you're deliberately missing the point.

13 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

All about opinions , you seem to struggle with anyone having a different one from yourself.

For now lets see how they get on together , before Morelos fucks off...........

An absolutely baffling statement from the guy that used to call anyone that disagreed with him a taig :lol:

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Once they're both fit then I hope and expect to see a partnership formed.

Both strikers are very good and we want to see a striker partnership formed.  Let's agree on the main points and leave it at that.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I never said he was shite down there. I said we've only seen him performing in that league. We haven't seen him do it in the top flight yet.

It's almost as if you're deliberately missing the point.

Don't even start him off mate, we had the same argument a couple of weeks ago :lol: 

27 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Seen plenty of Cummings to know he's a cracking goal scorer , you can knock the guy all you like but if we are playing with one striker its only a matter of time till that striker is Cummings.

If he gets the sitters that Morelos misses most weeks he will be our top scorer.

Don't think anyones doubting he's a good finisher, maybe better than Morelos, but wouldn't put defences under half as much pressure when they're on the ball.

Would like to see both start together to see how it works. Cummings has the quality and killer instinct and oozes confidence in spades, which is something Morelos lacks, but may rub off on him if they are together. Failing that, Cummings needs to be first on the team sheet for a run of games.

The new midfield set up has yet to bed in, but Goss and Murphy are quality and will be awesome when they all click.

All work in progress and we are night and day from a couple of months ago. There is much better to come, I am well sure. 

I'd give him and Herrera 45 mins each against Fraserburgh and rest Morelos. See how he does fitness wise before making a decision for Hibs. Overall though, I think 2 up too often results in us playing 2 in the middle and we just cant play that, a diamond like he did a couple of games could work though with almost a central 4.

2 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I'd give him and Herrera 45 mins each against Fraserburgh and rest Morelos. See how he does fitness wise before making a decision for Hibs. Overall though, I think 2 up too often results in us playing 2 in the middle and we just cant play that, a diamond like he did a couple of games could work though with almost a central 4.

I think he will start both Herrera and Cummings to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Don't even start him off mate, we had the same argument a couple of weeks ago :lol: 

No, we didn't.  I pointed out to you that Cummings had scored on a number of occasions against top-tier SPFL teams during Hibs cup runs and you couldn't quite comprehend it.  Apparently you're still struggling.  I remember you saying something like 'I don't give a fuck about cup goals'.  Well, you seen him score a very good league goal today and it was the first of many.  I know you're a big fan of his just admit it :lol:

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

No, we didn't.  I pointed out to you that Cummings had scored on a number of occasions against top-tier SPFL teams during Hibs cup runs and you couldn't quite comprehend it.  Apparently you're still struggling.  I remember you saying something like 'I don't give a fuck about cup goals'.  Well, you seen him score a very good league goal today and it was the first of many.  I know you're a big fan of his just admit it :lol:

Nah, not biting.

• 2 weeks later...

Cummings is showing me that he has more to offer than just goals. Holds the ball up well and his movement off the ball is good. Pity his team mates didn't sometimes see the good positions he was getting in to. Morelos just keeps going and going. The more they play together the more they will understand each others game. Can only be good for us.

First half they kept running the same lines and didn’t look like they were talking to each other. Started to grow in the second half and you can see from Morelos second, Cummings took the Ayr defender to the front post allowing Morelos in behind for an easy goal

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Same here tbh. Far from convinced you can be successful with a 4-4-2 in the league even with a front 2 of Cummings and Morelos

Reckon we would need to go 3 at the back of were going with 2 up top. Can’t give up the middle of the park against most of the teams in the Premiership.