** Rangers V Hibs Official Thread **

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Dropping Murphy and Candeias just to include Cummings is lunacy

I know mate the only problem is dropping Candeias. But either way someone is going to be dropped which is a nice headache to have.

i do want to see 2 strikers though Morelos plays better with a partner. Having 2 upfront would create more quality chances as well. Most of our goals are crises into the box, intra  play between 2 strikers would be beneficial.

cummings and morelos upfront will take chances. Cummings is defo going to score against them then play the flute to Scott allan

8 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I would go with that 100%

Solves the midfield problem and the 2 up front problem.

But never gonna happen

We have plenty of options mate. Docherty is another that would be good in this hame. Strong athletic midfielder that would get the better of mcginn

10 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

We have plenty of options mate. Docherty is another that would be good in this hame. Strong athletic midfielder that would get the better of mcginn

The good thing (yes it is) is that I am drunk and forgot about Docherty and Murphy. They would bolster that midfield.

Why would we want to change shape and formation right now in another big game, as someone pointed out dropping Murphy AND Candeias would be idiotic and negligent.

The team picks itself right now and imo thats a good thing because it shows the players are performing and we are getting results, this also increases their confidence..........why rock the boat simply to put 2 up front, also with that formation with 2 and dropping those guys it seriously weakens our attacking options. You put 2 up top and the only support is windass as John, Tav, Holt and Goss will be defensive. All round a bad bad idea.

Don't see why we would set up any different to the sheep game.

As long as Candeias and Murphy put in a shift tracking back again, and Holt and Goss don't let the wee guy that looks like he lives under a bridge get much of the ball, we should be fine. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Morelos and Cummings have to start upfront if it’s starting to frustrate me a bit that we can actually have a decent partnership but are reluctant to do so 

Who do you drop to make space? I'm in agreement with you btw. 

I think we're a stick on to stay with just Alfredo up top unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Morelos and Cummings have to start upfront if it’s starting to frustrate me a bit that we can actually have a decent partnership but are reluctant to do so 

Assuming we choose to play a 3-5-2 to accommodate that front two, is dropping Candeias and Murphy, as well as introducing Cardoso to the back line, the best thing to do for the team? Candeias is our most creative player outside of Tavernier and Murphy’s arrival finally offers us quality on the left. I haven’t given up hope on Cardoso but I would not put him anywhere near a three man defence.

Or, if we used a 4-4-2 instead, is our midfield really strong enough to cope in the middle of the pitch? I don’t fancy a duo containing a pairing of Holt, Goss or Docherty as one capable of facing Hibs’ three central midfielders. We’d be overrun.

For the moment: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

8 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Who do you drop to make space? I'm in agreement with you btw. 

I think we're a stick on to stay with just Alfredo up top unfortunately.

Candaies, move Windass to the flank with Murphy on the other one and have Cummings and Morelos upfront is what I’d do 

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Assuming we choose to play a 3-5-2 to accommodate that front two, is dropping Candeias and Murphy, as well as introducing Cardoso to the back line, the best thing to do for the team? Candeias is our most creative player outside of Tavernier and Murphy finally offers us quality on the left.

Or, if we used a 4-4-2 instead, is our midfield really strong enough to cope in the middle of the pitch? I don’t fancy a duo containing a pairing of Holt, Goss or Docherty as one capable of facing Hibs’ three central midfielders. We’d be overrun.

For the moment: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

I know it’s not broke but I can’t help feel we could be better by having them 2 form a partnership 

I’d at least try it and revert back to previous if it looks like wobbling but we aren’t clinical enough even though we are playing well enough - that’s something we should look at imo 

Windass isnt good enough out wide he should start down the middle or not at all and a 2 man midfield will get torn to shreds vs Hibs. Has to be a 4231 for me Cummings and Morelos up front together will be good for games against Diddy teams that sit on our 18 yard line but not big games like this where we need to win the midfield battle.

Just now, Siwel said:

Windass isnt good enough out wide he should start down the middle or not at all and a 2 man midfield will get torn to shreds vs Hibs. Has to be a 4231 for me Cummings and Morelos up front together will be good for games against Diddy teams that sit on our 18 yard line but not big games like this where we need to win the midfield battle.

How’s it a 2 man midfield when there’s 2 wide players there too? It’s not exactly 4 upfront and 2 single midfielders 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Candaies, move Windass to the flank with Murphy on the other one and have Cummings and Morelos upfront is what I’d do 

I know it’s not broke but I can’t help feel we could be better by having them 2 form a partnership 

I’d at least try it and revert back to previous if it looks like wobbling but we aren’t clinical enough even though we are playing well enough - that’s something we should look at imo 

I would like to see those two as a pairing at some point but I suppose the question is more a case of when is it practical to do so?

We’re on the back of two good wins against the Sheep and County. Let’s stick to a winning formula for this one and then see how things are in the next game. When McCrorie and your number one candidate for the John Greig Award, Ryan Jack, return then maybe we’ll be in a stronger position to go two up top.

Even more so, the comeback of your other favourite, Jordan Rossiter, might even help us out more. :mutley:

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

How’s it a 2 man midfield when there’s 2 wide players there too? It’s not exactly 4 upfront and 2 single midfielders 

Murphy may tuck in to create that effect but Windass won’t, he’d be a winger not a wide midfielder we already seen that when we played him on the wing in a 442 already this season which got overrun in midfield nearly every game.

Archived