** Rangers V Hibs Official Thread **

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Essandoh said:

Did somebody say Windass out wide?

1653158D-6B3E-4623-AB2F-67B3DBF03312.jpeg

Haha remember that baldy throbber thought Windass was a CM and had us punting long balls to him in the league cup semi vs the taigs, I still hate the cunt.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Haha remember that baldy throbber thought Windass was a CM and had us punting long balls to him in the league cup semi vs the taigs, I still hate the cunt.

Windass is like a chicken. You can do your best to give him instructions and keep him contained but at the end of the day he’s going to run about all over the place until he’s blue in the face. No better place to do that than in behind the strikers.

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Windass is like a chicken. You can do your best to give him instructions and keep him contained but at the end of the day he’s going to run about all over the place until he’s blue in the face. No better place to do that than in behind the strikers.

Yup like Murty says he thinks he’s the type of guy who will drop deep and pick passes but in reality the traits he has are that of a hardworking attacking midfielder possibly similar to Jessy Lingard but nowhere near the same level. When he keeps it simple and stays focused he can be a very effective player. He will get better as he matures.

41 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I would like to see those two as a pairing at some point but I suppose the question is more a case of when is it practical to do so?

We’re on the back of two good wins against the Sheep and County. Let’s stick to a winning formula for this one and then see how things are in the next game. When McCrorie and your number one candidate for the John Greig Award, Ryan Jack, return then maybe we’ll be in a stronger position to go two up top.

Even more so, the comeback of your other favourite, Jordan Rossiter, might even help us out more. :mutley:

Good fishing trip there lol 

1 hour ago, hugonot said:

for the 1st time in a while i believe we will win by at least 2-3 goals; we are going to go on a long winning run our new guys are upping the standard all over the squad

Careful. How many times have we been here?

Our series of games before the Old Firm game in March is: Hibs (H), Partick (A), Ayr (A), Hamilton (A), Hearts (H), potential Quarter Final opponent in the Cup (?), St Johnstone (H).

On paper, the opportunity for a winning run is there. However, this new-look side now has to accomplish Rangers’ best form since we returned to the top flight. Without intending to echo Mark Warburton, we seriously need to take this one game at a time before we get carried away. If we manage to even get through those games unbeaten before we play that lot, anything can happen between now and May.

28 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Hibs are a bit blunted these days, there's no Jason Cummings, or Anthony Stokes, who both scored goals against us.

I'd love for us to win 1-0, with Jason Cummings scoring the winner in the last minute, just to see Lennon's face afterwards. Lol ??

And they’ve just sent Simon Murray on loan to Dundee.

7 minutes ago, hugonot said:

murty has to play cummings and morelos upfront

No he doesn’t. Despite all the excitement surrounding Cummings, he’s done nothing to merit a start in what has the potential to be tricky game for us.

6 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I think he’s a shitebag mate. The amount of times he can win a header or slide in to score and he bottles it is unreal. He actually ducks under the ball at times in the box.

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

And they’ve just sent Simon Murray on loan to Dundee.

Strange move that imo.

I rate the kid and know he's got plenty rough edges, but he's the sort of young player with natural ability I'd like to see as the 4th striker in our squad (like Hardie but better).

There’s no chance Candeias and Murphy don’t start due to the pace they have on both wings with Boyle and Barker. Both of them are needed for their defensive duties against they 2. You double up on them and they become ineffective because literally all they have is pace. 

It’ll be

Fod

Tav Bates Martin John

Holt Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

Archived