** Rangers V Hibs Official Thread **

ForeverAndEver

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

We look quite strong. All those available next season except Goss. Assuming Morelos is still here? McCrorie. Jack. And Dorrans to come back from injury (among others) so i am hoping we can close the gap on septic and lift the Scottish. Too late to claw back septic this season but more confident of putting in a decent challenge next season. 55 a matter of time.

We should be cruising this league atm, nothing to do with how good the muck are etc. 

We've only ourselves to blame. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We should be cruising this league atm, nothing to do with how good the muck are etc. 

I have never at any time thought the "rattlers" were good. Agree we have shot ourselves in the foot too many times this season. I just think despite recent improvement we have got too much to do to catch the beggars this season. Its not impossible but i am being realistic and would be delighted to br proved wrong.

31 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I fully expect Hibs to play as shit against us the same way they did against the Taigs. Barely even trying from what people said.

From the stats it looked like Hibs were all over them in the second half

1 hour ago, Ryju84 said:

I fully expect Hibs to play as shit against us the same way they did against the Taigs. Barely even trying from what people said.

And Dylan McGeouch to forget how to control and/or pass a ball just like he does every time he faces that mob.

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He showed against Aberdeen and Ross County that he isn’t a link up forward. 

Plus the fact Morelos is a better player, it’s either Morelos or you play both.  

I’m 100% in agreement with you that Morelos is a better player and obviously he’s superior in that respect. I do think you’re being harsh on Cummings though.

He’s shown in plenty games against us for Hibs that he does a lot more than hover around the penalty box. It wouldn’t be right to judge his play off the ball from his late cameo appearance against Aberdeen, or from the minutes he got last night in a glorified bounce game on one of the worst pitches I’ve ever seen. As for Ross County, surely his goal showed that he’s more than your typical 9?

One thing is for certain: as much as people want us to, we can’t play him and Morelos together, at least not at the moment. We need that 5 in midfield.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Said to my dad the other day that we’ll be looking back on this season in years to come as one when we could’ve properly challenged them. Who knows what could have happened this year if our home form wasn’t so embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m 100% in agreement with you that Morelos is a better player and obviously he’s superior in that respect. I do think you’re being harsh on Cummings though.

He’s shown in plenty games against us for Hibs that he does a lot more than hover around the penalty box. It wouldn’t be right to judge his play off the ball from his late cameo appearance against Aberdeen, or from the minutes he got last night in a glorified bounce game on one of the worst pitches I’ve ever seen. As for Ross County, surely his goal showed that he’s more than your typical 9?

One thing is for certain: as much as people want us to, we can’t play him and Morelos together, at least not at the moment. We need that 5 in midfield.

Aberdeen game all balls forward came straight back after Mo went off. 

Ross County, he scored a goal scorers goal. The ball broke to him and he had one thing in his mind get it on his left foot and shoot. Direct play what we miss badly at times  

I agree we need 5 in the midfield, so go 3 at the back with Mo and Cummings up top. With Mo’s ability to play first time little balls round the corner and hold it up so well, Cummings will have a field day. 

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Always wondered what people do with their smart card when that’s what they’re punting?

Do they wait for them to come back out after the game? Do they scan it and pass it back through? 

Seems mental to be at Ibrox with a ticket and not go in. 

Really looking forward to this, another must win game ( suppose they all are), so many things to enjoy if we beat them, there's the three points, back above the sheep ( if we win game in hand), a great big GIRUY to popcorn teeth and see the spoon burners sliding further down the league.

22 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Morelos needs to start up front. Think tonight showed he offers a lot more up front other than goals.

To make him feel loved if nothing less as I think he is a player who need cuddled and told how good he is rather than leave out or shout at.

Hibs use the wings quite well and will have Scott Allan back in the team so I can see them playing a 4231 quite like us so I would go with a 4321 with a holding midfielder.

defence and goalie picks itself.

midfield I would have Goss  holding and spraying passes about with holt and docherty in front of him.

Murphy Candeias on the wings with Morelos upfront.

torn between this and our current formation with windass in the number 10.

its too hard to pick nowadays 

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Hibs use the wings quite well and will have Scott Allan back in the team so I can see them playing a 4231 quite like us so I would go with a 4321 with a holding midfielder.

defence and goalie picks itself.

midfield I would have Goss  holding and spraying passes about with holt and docherty in front of him.

Murphy Candeias on the wings with Morelos upfront.

torn between this and our current formation with windass in the number 10.

its too hard to pick nowadays 

Windass scored a hat trick last game Mate, can’t drop him

Archived