Ever Sat In The Away Section At Ibrox?

FSM

Thinking about @Moody Blue Legend last night (not in that way) sitting amongst the Fraserburgh fans, singing their songs and booing us, it made me wonder what it would be like sitting in the away section at Ibrox as a Rangers fan. Longshot (and possibly slightly spasticated) question, but anyone ever done it and is brave enough to admit it? Maybe some mate/relative who supports the away team gave you a free ticket?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Got complimentary tickets from a Morton player (Rowan Alexander)so was in with the away end for that powder keg fixture.

My cousin hasbeen in the jungle during an old firm game. Don't know how he managed it.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much abuse did you get from the stands on either side?

23 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Got complimentary tickets from a Morton player (Rowan Alexander)so was in with the away end for that powder keg fixture.

My cousin hasbeen in the jungle during an old firm game. Don't know how he managed it.

Was in the Scum end at the girodome for a 3-3 draw about 35 - 40 years ago. 

It helps to know you would be knifed if you open your mouth. Still difficult not to cheer though

Started off in the pape end at the Tam Forsyth cup final and eventually got into the old enclosure and started in the Aberdeen end of Pittodrie when we won the league. Had to move after Butchers goal ? 

And I forgot about the Dundee United end the night we clinched nine in a row...

43 minutes ago, FSM said:

Thinking about @Moody Blue Legend last night (not in that way) sitting amongst the Fraserburgh fans, singing their songs and booing us, it made me wonder what it would be like sitting in the away section at Ibrox as a Rangers fan. Longshot (and possibly slightly spasticated) question, but anyone ever done it and is brave enough to admit it? Maybe some mate/relative who supports the away team gave you a free ticket?

Lots of times its no easy to do but you always have lots of bears in the home ends and you can tell.

My old man was in the away end when Montrose played at Ibrox. He's a Rangers fan and lives in Montrose. Got the Montrose supporters bus down to Glasgow and was wearing a Union Jack beanie/hat/whatever you want to call it. Came home and said they just got 90 minutes of abuse from the Rangers fans. 

Away from home, I’ve sat in the home end at Dumbarton twice, Villarreal, PSV Eindhoven and Motherwell.  Apart from Motherwell, it wasn’t that bad and the home supports knew exactly what team I was. 

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Away from home, I’ve sat in the home end at Dumbarton twice, Villarreal, PSV Eindhoven and Motherwell.  Apart from Motherwell, it wasn’t that bad and the home supports knew exactly what team I was. 

Done psv away also lol