Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Morelos to leave before the end of February isn’t a question tho

It’s sensationalistic without it.

When I did the McCrorie thread I put in 3!

Oh and I tagged it “Fake News?”

In other words anyone seeing this thread title thought the source might not have got it correct and it turns out it was somewhere in the middle.

So for this it should have been “Morelos to leave before the end of February?”

6 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I wasn't saying that he was worth that at all, I was just highlighting this desperation from some to put buy-out clauses in players contracts who don't need them. 

We all know he's not playing for Columbia anytime soon, but if they get 3-4 players injured and have a meaningless friendly, if he continues to do well he may get a chance. As soon as he's an "international", his value sky-rockets and a buy-out clause then becomes a very foolish move

EDIT: Looking at their squad they have a lot of older strikers playing and will probably look to blood some younger players after this world cup. 

Current squad: 

7FWCarlos Bacca8 September 1986 (age 31)4314 Villarreal

16FWMiguel Borja26 January 1993 (age 25)52 Palmeiras

2FWDuván Zapata1 April 1991 (age 26)40 Sampdoria

17FWFelipe Pardo17 August 1990 (age 27)31 Olympiacos

26FWAvilés Hurtado20 April 1987 (age 30)20 Monterrey

Recent call-ups

FWRadamel Falcao (captain)10 February 1986 (age 31)7028 Monacov.  Peru, 10 October 2017

FWTeófilo Gutiérrez17 May 1985 (age 32)5115 Juniorv.  Peru, 10 October 2017

FWLuis Muriel16 April 1991 (age 26)171 Sevillav.  Peru, 10 October 2017

Bacca, Falcao, Gutierrez, Hurtado are all 30+. 

Lucas Muriel has scored 1 goal in 17 games for Columbia

Felipe Pardo is a winger who can play up top

We have many strikers to choose from and many with many years still to play for national team. Falcao, Muriel, Borja, Duvan Zapata, Bacca, Teo, Dayro Moreno, Santos Borre, Ibarguen, Roger Martinez, Marlos Moreno and Dorlan Pabon are all ahead of him for ColOmbia not ColUmbia. 

Players we have that have many years ahead (are 26 and younger) for the national team and play at higher level and are playing very good in this moment are: Muriel, Duvan Zapata, Rafael Santos Borre, Andres Ibarguen, Marlos Moreno, Roger Martinez. Also possible a young striker Damir Ceter who left my local team recently to go to Cagliari in Serie A (that I don't like as a player) but if he starts scoring goals regular then can even add him too. We have many good strikers to choose from and it is difficult to get regular place for the national team. He wont be near this world cup squad, but maybe in over a year to 2 years he might get call up for a nothing friendly if there is many injuries. I hope he can keep scoring many goals for Rangers and Rangers get a lot of money for a transfer and he goes to a higher level in England or Italy or somewhere and then maybe find a place in the national team squad in the future but it is difficult. 

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It’s sensationalistic without it.

When I did the McCrorie thread I put in 3!

Oh and I tagged it “Fake News?”

In other words anyone seeing this thread title thought the source might not have got it correct and it turns out it was somewhere in the middle.

So for this it should have been “Morelos to leave before the end of February?”

Ben fixed it because he was sick of your complaining

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes.

At least then we’d have had a chance to sign a replacement

I’d rather we pocket an extra £2/3/4M after a bidding war and spend it on a well scouted target than panic buy someone on deadline day. 

2 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

I’d rather we pocket an extra £2/3/4M after a bidding war and spend it on a well scouted target than panic buy someone on deadline day. 

I’d much rather we kept him tbf, still got a slim chance of winning the league imo, and we’ve sold our best striker and only got Cummings really.

We had a list already apparently

Archived