Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

The papes have a wee cunt on their books who was sold for a figure far in excess of the one quoted for Morelos right now. That was off the back of a few appearances for Fullam and mainly as a substitute. Big clubs will pay for potential is the point.

Who?

33 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

The papes have a wee cunt on their books who was sold for a figure far in excess of the one quoted for Morelos right now. That was off the back of a few appearances for Fullam and mainly as a substitute. Big clubs will pay for potential is the point.

If there's any chance at all of Alfredo going to the world cup it would be worth the gamble and resist any temptation to cash in now. Of course it's if's and maybe's but let's suppose he went there as our player and managed even one goal coming off the bench in that tournament. The sell on value would rocket which would put this club in a position of financial stability we could only dream of a year ago.

Flip side he doesn't go but continues to contribute here on an increased wage while building his reputation and the chance to shine in Europe next season?  I'm not seeing the downside here.

I'm assuming you mean Patrick Roberts?  He had performed in the English Championship which is a better standard of league than the SPFL.  The English consider our football to be an absolute joke they call it 'the Scottish pub league'.  

Also, don't Columbia have strikers like Falco and Bacca playing for them?  I don't know much about their national team but how realistic is it that Morelos would actually be called up and go to the World Cup?

Lastly, why is this still being discussed?  I thought the bid had been rejected or are the Chinese club coming back in with a new offer?

38 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Scottish football Improves so do we and English teams will pay decent sums for players

Scottish football isn't improving it's going backwards.  Look at the difference between our teams now compared to 10 years ago.  It's like the entire footballing world has left us behind.

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Will have to take or word on that, but excellent if true.

BTW what the fuck is up with the upside down question marks? Bizzare.

The DT spoke of this option for ' The Tricolor '! Will Alfredo Morelos be summoned for Colombia VS France and Australia friendly? Do you think he deserves a chance?

Sunday showed (again) that absolutely everything goes through him. Seasons gone if the wee man leaves.

We should be looking night and day for a replacement in the summer, because we could very easily spend double or three times the money we paid for him and not get half the player. 

40 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm assuming you mean Patrick Roberts?  He had performed in the English Championship which is a better standard of league than the SPFL.  The English consider our football to be an absolute joke they call it 'the Scottish pub league'.  

Also, don't Columbia have strikers like Falco and Bacca playing for them?  I don't know much about their national team but how realistic is it that Morelos would actually be called up and go to the World Cup?

Lastly, why is this still being discussed?  I thought the bid had been rejected or are the Chinese club coming back in with a new offer?

Firstly who says we should be concentrating solely on the English market?  There are clubs all over Europe and beyond constantly  on the lookout for strikers.  Also although they might not rate our league,  that doesn't prevent the English from monitoring it for talent.

At the risk of turning this thread into a taig appreciation love in you do know Southampton came shopping up here for a player who's been sold on for the biggest fee in British football this season?

Lastly,  I personally can't substantiate the claims but it's being suggested on here that Morelos is being considered for world cup selection in his own country. Granted its a big if but as I say if that came to pass Rangers could be in line for a very very substantial profit on the wee guy. 

17 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Firstly who says we should be concentrating solely on the English market?  There are clubs all over Europe and beyond constantly  on the lookout for strikers.  Also although they might not rate our league,  that doesn't prevent the English from monitoring it for talent.

At the risk of turning this thread into a taig appreciation love in you do know Southampton came shopping up here for a player who's been sold on for the biggest fee in British football this season?

Lastly,  I personally can't substantiate the claims but it's being suggested on here that Morelos is being considered for world cup selection in his own country. Granted its a big if but as I say if that came to pass Rangers could be in line for a very very substantial profit on the wee guy. 

No one from the Scottish leagues has ever gone for over £11m to any country other than England.  Historically, teams from Germany, Spain, Italy, and other big money leagues don't shop here.

Wanyama had Champions League exposure which brought in a lot of interest.  Van Dijk also had Champions League exposure and was a Dutch international.  Those are the only two players in the history of Scottish football to move for more than the reported £11m we were offered for Morelos.  Substantial offers like that don't come often.

He might not go to the World Cup.  We might not win the league and get him Champions League exposure.  Maybe he'll do an Izaguirre and after a tremendous first season totally underwhelm every year after that.  We might look back at that £11m bid and think we were fucking mugs for not taking it.  Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Scottish football Improves so do we and English teams will pay decent sums for players

Don’t agree with that I think that’s a bit of a myth the 3 best seasons for Scottish clubs in Europe us in 1992/93 Scotland were getting pumped 5-0 off Portugal and Switzerland hammering them too as they failed to qualify for USA 94  probably the worst World Cup in terms in quality .. celtic were no challenge in the league and almost out of business 

celtic Seville 2003 mighty Zizkov meant we had no Euro involvement and the Scotland team weren’t qualifying for anything tournie and I’m pretty positive without looking at the other results Motherwell and Dunfermline or whoever we’re in Europe for Scotland made no waves at all - in fact they didn’t 

us Manchester 09 Scotland had failed a few months earlier for another majors and the other Scottish teams in Europe got fucked out early rounds off fisherman and postmen in their games 

We don’t need a strong Scotland to flourish just a strong Rangers 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Unless he has a bad World Cup 

It’s unlikely he’d get much game time if he did go, so I wouldn’t worry about that. Just the fact he’d be a full international with WC experience adds millions onto what we could ask. 

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

It’s unlikely he’d get much game time if he did go, so I wouldn’t worry about that. Just the fact he’d be a full international with WC experience adds millions onto what we could ask. 

I know I’m just playing advocate and thinking out loud - I do think call ups will add value but there’s a lot of variables to consider if we are wanting more than 11 million 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know I’m just playing advocate and thinking out loud - I do think call ups will add value but there’s a lot of variables to consider if we are wanting more than 11 million 

It’s all just conjecture I suppose. For what it’s worth I don’t think there any chance he gets to the WC, unless he scores a silly amount of goals between now and then, would need a couple of goal against the paedos and SC Final goal too. Evenat that it’d be a stretch. I think it’s likely they’re watching him though, and I could see him getting a cap in the friendlies.

The board are taking a massive gamble here.

A player regardless of form, international status, age, whatever is only worth what another club is willing to pay for them.

At this moment that figure stands at ÂŁ11m and for a player who hasn't proven anything at a higher level, that amount is massive.

The world cup probably won't happen for him this year and even if it did I doubt he would get any serious playing time if any.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If we want more than £11m Morelos will need to prove himself against better opposition.  That means international call ups and/or European involvement.  He needs to get the chance to play on those stages and once there put in the type of performances that turn heads.

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If we want more than £11m Morelos will need to prove himself against better opposition.  That means international call ups and/or European involvement.  He needs to get the chance to play on those stages and once there put in the type of performances that turn heads.

I agree but that’s what I was saying is it not a big game? If he flops at that higher level you then see that 11 go to possibly 4 or something 

Archived