Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

Remember all the Scottish teams rallying round to help us during our troubles, ye know like the teams we had supplied hundreds of thousands/millions in transfer fees through the years, all for the betterment of the game in Scotland as our league would be less attractive without Rangers?

Nah, neither can i.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It was you that said I could give hundreds of examples :lol: I was repeating back your logic 

spazie factor off the scale with you - literally is 

Looks like I was right, you couldn't defend your ludicrous argument. 

42 minutes ago, denya said:

You are right on this. The media of recently have been speaking of players in every position that is available to be for selection. They are naming every possible player in Europe. Means nothing. I remember when they spoke of the strikers and Morelos name was said and then automatic dismissed. They say he scores goals in Scotland but its not a good level and all strikers for Colombia can score in this level. I said before many times he wont get to play for us in the World Cup, in the future yes if he moves but in this moment he can only hope for some minutes in a friendly and no more. Falcao, Muriel, Duvan Zapata and Bacca are main 4 strikers. After them you can pick Miguel Borja, Teo Guttierez, Santos Borre, Ayron Del Valle, Marlos Moreno etc. I do not remember the last time Jackson Martinez even play for la seleccion. He is not much in the picture.

@KingKirk

1 minute ago, The Scunner said:

Looks like I was right, you couldn't defend your ludicrous argument. 

You said I could give you hundreds of examples, then when I said about hundreds of examples you quoted me and said “hundreds of examples :lol: “ like it was me that said I hundreds of examples 

if you can’t acknowledge what you said yourself minutes before how can I even debate you? 

I don’t need to defend my position anyway - I’ve provided proof that a strong Scottish football isn’t essential to Rangers (or celtic) and you’ve provided me none that we need it 

as I said you are nothing but a typical yes voter who puts Rangers pretty low on your list - your all the fucking same - vermin 

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

No one from the Scottish leagues has ever gone for over £11m to any country other than England.  Historically, teams from Germany, Spain, Italy, and other big money leagues don't shop here.

Wanyama had Champions League exposure which brought in a lot of interest.  Van Dijk also had Champions League exposure and was a Dutch international.  Those are the only two players in the history of Scottish football to move for more than the reported £11m we were offered for Morelos.  Substantial offers like that don't come often.

He might not go to the World Cup.  We might not win the league and get him Champions League exposure.  Maybe he'll do an Izaguirre and after a tremendous first season totally underwhelm every year after that.  We might look back at that £11m bid and think we were fucking mugs for not taking it.  Time will tell.

There are arguments both sides of course. Clubs from the counties you mention pluck players from obscure league's all the time,  especially South American and African players.  Granted not for same level of fees you would expect in England but we live in the era of the £200m players now and the transfer market has moved up to an unprecedented level.

What was once a ridiculous fee for any given player is simply no longer the case. You only have to look at some of the names associated with multi million pound transfers last year,   a lot of them with very limited talent to say the least. 

Ive already mentioned its all if's and buts. It goes without saying we could end up with egg on our chin but in this particular instance I strongly suspect there is a high probability Morelos will continue to improve. My own feeling is if he was playing with a quality link man his goal tally would be far more respectable than it currently is and I take the point he mises some howlers.  

For what it's worth my preferred option is the same as Murty. Keep hold of the boy for a bit yet. If he gets world Cup exposure we have won a watch. If he doesn't but keeps banging the goals in while he's here I'm more than confident we can still demand a really good fee for him when the time comes. 

39 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You said I could give you hundreds of examples, then when I said about hundreds of examples you quoted me and said “hundreds of examples :lol: “ like it was me that said I hundreds of examples 

if you can’t acknowledge what you said yourself minutes before how can I even debate you? 

I don’t need to defend my position anyway - I’ve provided proof that a strong Scottish football isn’t essential to Rangers (or celtic) and you’ve provided me none that we need it 

as I said you are nothing but a typical yes voter who puts Rangers pretty low on your list - your all the fucking same - vermin 

I've lost the will to live with the "hundreds" debate, I genuinely have no idea what the fuck you're on about or how it backs up your argument.

I'm not sure you have the mental skills for this kind of thing.

1 minute ago, The Scunner said:

I've lost the will to live with the "hundreds" debate, I genuinely have no idea what the fuck you're on about or how it backs up your argument.

I'm not sure you have the mental skills for this kind of thing.

Nah you’ve not lost the will you’ve just realised what you said made no sense - don’t worry it happens to us all. Hope to see you back when you have a much more cohesive argument for the forum to debate.

Regarding Morelos I don’t know how people can get heated over taking 11 million or not, it’s literally just a preference as there’s some serious pros and cons on either side 

there’s no real right or wrong - 11 million is fine money but there’s good arguments for not selling

the figure of 11 million I literally see it as win win 

if he goes we could put 11 million to right good use 

if he stays then great!

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Nah you’ve not lost the will you’ve just realised what you said made no sense - don’t worry it happens to us all. Hope to see you back when you have a much more cohesive argument for the forum to debate.

You're right pal, finally just realised it. In fact, I would go as far to say that we could play Hamilton every week and it would probably set us up nicely for a decent run in the Champions League. Don't know what I was thinking in those earlier posts, apologies.

If this boy keeps scoring, even this season, we're in the Europa league. Is that not worth more than 11 million to us over the course of our involvment in the tournament? Get that money and then sell him next January or summer. Even if its half of what the Chinks offered its still more money in the long run surely?

21 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Never knew that. Always learning.

Do you think Morelos is good enough to make your national squad in the next few years?

All good my friend. I think he can be permanent in the squad for future World Cups. In this moment I think most he can get is maybe some minutes in a nothing friendly game, game against Australia is in London so maybe that he can play some minutes but nothing more for now. People here prefer the players to be playing in best leagues and this is why he get dismissed because he is playing in Scottish premier league in that people think is very bad level. But I think he is good and has many years to get into the World Cup squad, only in this moment we have about 7 strikers better than him that will get call first. 

Archived