Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

6 hours ago, denya said:

All good my friend. I think he can be permanent in the squad for future World Cups. In this moment I think most he can get is maybe some minutes in a nothing friendly game, game against Australia is in London so maybe that he can play some minutes but nothing more for now. People here prefer the players to be playing in best leagues and this is why he get dismissed because he is playing in Scottish premier league in that people think is very bad level. But I think he is good and has many years to get into the World Cup squad, only in this moment we have about 7 strikers better than him that will get call first. 

As you say he has a lot of competition for the striker role. Time is on his side though, being so young.

We may not play in a very strong league but we sell out our 50,000 capacity stadium for every home league game. This will help Morelos get used to playing in front of big crowds and under pressure as our support are very demanding.

Do you know of any other up and coming Columbian players? We could do with more young talented players like him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

As you say he has a lot of competition for the striker role. Time is on his side though, being so young.

We may not play in a very strong league but we sell out our 50,000 capacity stadium for every home league game. This will help Morelos get used to playing in front of big crowds and under pressure as our support are very demanding.

Do you know of any other up and coming Columbian players? We could do with more young talented players like him.

There's that young player Coca Mahnosos. A serious talent by all accounts. Worth every kilo in his body. Leads the front line well, and can take a whole Columbian back line out in one breath.

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

There's that young player Coca Mahnosos. A serious talent by all accounts. Worth every kilo in his body. Leads the front line well, and can take a whole Columbian back line out in one breath.

Send him my way if he’s packing kilos. 

On 20/02/2018 at 14:44, Prso's headband said:

Fuck Scottish football. I want Rangers to win everything, every year and beat every team every single time we play them. We owe this country fuck all. I hope Aberdeen do move to a new stadium, finish 4th the next 4 years and go bankrupt. I hope Hibs consistently battle it out for 3rd for the next 50 years while gloating over 1 cup whilst we’ve won another 35 

I hope we win the league every single season with tarriers throwing themselves off parkhead again and I hope Dundee Utd go bust never to be seen again

If Carlsberg did football seasons. ??

From Twitter:

Alfredo Moreos has proved he can adapt to a strange country, to a different culture. The manager who brought him to Ibrox has gone. That could have unsettled him but he has, in my opinion, settled in and become a better player than when he first arrived. He has lost the nasty streak, built into many Latin players, little flicks and kicks at opposition players are gone. He has learned to control the aggression and is fast becoming a pain the the butt to all opposing players. He is a workhorse as well as a goal getter and covers every blade of grass most games.

Compare the lack of hype, the lack of publicity in a Lawwell controlled media to the fawning over Mousa Dembele, quoted by Ewan Murray in the Guardian as a £20 million player, Rhys Turrell in the Star as a £21 million player, Alex Richards in the Mirror as a £25 million player, James Dickenson in the Express as a £27 million player and, believe it or not, from Sean Kearns in the Metro, a £40 million player. Dembele has, according to the press, been a target for Chelsea (Sean Kearns, Metro), Brighton (Darren Cooney, Daily Record), Everton and West Ham (James Dickenson, Express), Crystal Palace (Sun), Stoke (Keith Wales, Stoke Sentinel), Roma (James Rodger, Birmingham Live) Bayern Munich, Fiorentina and PSG (Alex Richards, Mirror). 

Now compare their goal stats this season. 

Dembele 9 goals in 27 appearances
Morelos 16 goals in 31 appearances

Aye, but Morelos misses big chances. I fully agree. Now, name me a striker who doesn't. McCoist missed chances, Mark Hateley missed chances. I don't doubt Jim Forrest, Jimmy Millar, Sam English and RC Hamilton missed chances. 

Today's Daily Mail has a feature on 'missed chances', following Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata's horror miss against Arsenal. I don't particularly rate Morata but the article shows the £70 million man is in good company. 

A 'big miss' is defined by Opta as: 'A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score usually in a one-on-one scenario or from very close range.'

PREMIER LEAGUE 'BIG CHANCES MISSED' 
1. Mohamed Salah - 15
2. Alvaro Morata - 14
3. Sergio Aguero - 12
4. Christian Benteke - 11
4. Gabriel Jesus - 11

Salah cost Liverpool £44 million and has bagged 30 in 36, Morata cost £70 million and has bagged 12 in 33, Aguero cost City £38 million in 2011 and has bagged 143 in 203, Benteke has cost various clubs a total of £73 million and has bagged in 111 in 292 and Jesus cost City £27 million and has bagged 15 in 28 games. Of that expensive but prolific lot, all are experienced players who have learned their trade and improved with age and games, with only Gabriel Jesus, at 20, being a younger player.

£11 million bid for Morelos rejected by Rangers? Quite right, we have a league to win. 

Archived