Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

9 hours ago, Siwel said:

Alfredo Morelos demanding pay rise on £7,000-a-week Rangers deal

By Stephen Mcgowan 

Got as far as there ^^^

Ex-editor of Ra Sellic View. A hate-filled, rancid bastard.

Any quotes directly from Morelos' agent about wanting a pay rise? :sarcasm:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I don't see a situation where we pay him more without an extension? I've never heard of a player getting an improved contract which didn't have an extension on it. Otherwise we're getting nothing from it, we're losing money with no gain. I think it's common knowledge for a player that if you want to demand a higher wage mid contract then you need to be prepared to extend it.

We could extend the contract by a year but it doesn’t change the fact that he’ll want away in the summer, and doesnt stop bids coming in or the value of those bids necessarily. We have to up his wage to keep him motivated, simple as that. I don’t see us holding onto him past the summer, even with a wage rise - he could easily be offered 2 or 3x that, IF he maintains his form. Just hope he gets his move to the EPL rather than China, for his sake. 

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Got as far as there ^^^

I take your point about McGowan being a fenian, but don’t you think morelos probably does want a pay rise? Wouldn’t you?

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I take your point about McGowan being a fenian, but don’t you think morelos probably does want a pay rise? Wouldn’t you?

Of course, but the headline screams that Morelos is demanding it:

Alfredo Morelos demanding pay rise on £7,000-a-week Rangers deal

Sensational bollocks from that cunt.

If McGowan told me it was raining, I'd look out the window to check for sure.

19 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I don't see a situation where we pay him more without an extension? I've never heard of a player getting an improved contract which didn't have an extension on it. Otherwise we're getting nothing from it, we're losing money with no gain. I think it's common knowledge for a player that if you want to demand a higher wage mid contract then you need to be prepared to extend it.

I think he wants away(just a hunch nothing to back it up) and if he does I doubt he'd be keen to extend his contract

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Of course, but the headline screams that Morelos is demanding it:

Sensational bollocks from that cunt.

If McGowan told me it was raining, I'd look out the window to check for sure.

I agree it's clickbait bullshit

1 hour ago, OhW said:

Why, so he can instantly reject it and cause more headlines?

If he doesn't want it don't do it because like has been said if he starts to make a cunt of it due to money no one will want him and he'll be set for the bench.

36 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Who gets the blame if we don' bring him in line with our top earners and his form does dip? Him, the board, MA? 

We're talking about less than 200k, not as s buckshee gift, but to renegotiate in the club's interests.

It's what he's worth and what he deserves. 

you seem to suggest he may deliberately go in a huff on the park?

throwing money at players doesn't make them better players. He is not an internationalist, he has never won a league or cup with a pro team and has had one good season (HJK) scoring a shit load of goals yet folks want to throw him cash. 

we got him because of his potential and to develop him as a player, he's scored 13 goals so far which is what we should be expecting anyway as our main striker,  if he does 20+ in April then we should talk.

19 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Got as far as there ^^^

He is the ex editor and presumably supports them as well but always found him to be one of the very few fair & balanced journos up here to be honest. More than happy to dish out praise & criticism to both us & them when deserved. 

33 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Enough to have him valued at 8m as much due to potential as the performances and goals.

That value of that potential is all in the eyes of the beholder (well, buyer). Its up to the club whether we want him to be worth that or more come the summer, or worth less for potentially the sake of a couple of hundred thousand.

Well they will come again then and we will still have him tied into a contract.

41 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I wasn't saying that he was worth that at all, I was just highlighting this desperation from some to put buy-out clauses in players contracts who don't need them. 

We all know he's not playing for Columbia anytime soon, but if they get 3-4 players injured and have a meaningless friendly, if he continues to do well he may get a chance. As soon as he's an "international", his value sky-rockets and a buy-out clause then becomes a very foolish move

EDIT: Looking at their squad they have a lot of older strikers playing and will probably look to blood some younger players after this world cup. 

Current squad: 

7FWCarlos Bacca8 September 1986 (age 31)4314 Villarreal

16FWMiguel Borja26 January 1993 (age 25)52 Palmeiras

2FWDuván Zapata1 April 1991 (age 26)40 Sampdoria

17FWFelipe Pardo17 August 1990 (age 27)31 Olympiacos

26FWAvilés Hurtado20 April 1987 (age 30)20 Monterrey

Recent call-ups

FWRadamel Falcao (captain)10 February 1986 (age 31)7028 Monacov.  Peru, 10 October 2017

FWTeófilo Gutiérrez17 May 1985 (age 32)5115 Juniorv.  Peru, 10 October 2017

FWLuis Muriel16 April 1991 (age 26)171 Sevillav.  Peru, 10 October 2017

Bacca, Falcao, Gutierrez, Hurtado are all 30+. 

Lucas Muriel has scored 1 goal in 17 games for Columbia

Felipe Pardo is a winger who can play up top

The resident Colombian on the forum doesn’t think he has a chance of getting in the squad, I’m going with him. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

you seem to suggest he may deliberately go in a huff on the park?

throwing money at players doesn't make them better players. He is not an internationalist, he has never won a league or cup with a pro team and has had one good season scoring a shit load of goals yet folks want to throw him cash. 

we got him because of his potential and to develop him as a player, he's scored 13 goals so far which is what we should be expecting anyway as our main forward if he does 20+ in April then we should talk.

He's a young man in a foreign climate who has settled and integrated particularly well. Right now he is valued at 8m. He would have been offered salary from china more commensurate with that than what we valued him at 6m ago.

I'm saying that if he feels under paid, undervalued and let down byvthe club refusing to sell or paying him more in line with an 8m valued player then it's entirely likely his form could dip. Its naive to think this couldn't happen.

Christ we're not even paying him in line with plenty others never mind an 8m quid asset.

Who is suggesting throwing a shit load of cash anywhere? It's clearly about paying more in line with true value but at the same time renegotiating terms in a way favourable to us.

Our club strategy should include rewarding where its warranted. Not undervaluing what is a clear success story.

4 hours ago, jintybear said:

I would say he would accept £16k because we can probably get him to the platform of football he wants, ie England, whereas it would be unlikely he would get that from China.

but hes already got that platform for England and his agent will already be sounding that out. depends on the interest as  to whether they move. Not sure if hes worth £16k a week tbh 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's a young man in a foreign climate who has settled and integrated particularly well. Right now he is valued at 8m. He would have been offered salary from china more commensurate with that than what we valued him at 6m ago.

I'm saying that if he feels under paid, undervalued and let down byvthe club refusing to sell or paying him more in line with an 8m valued player then it's entirely likely his form could dip. Its naive to think this couldn't happen.

Christ we're not even paying him in line with plenty others never mind an 8m quid asset.

Who is suggesting throwing a shit load of cash anywhere? It's clearly about paying more in line with true value but at the same time renegotiating terms in a way favourable to us.

Our club strategy should include rewarding where its warranted. Not undervaluing what is a clear success story.

two and half years left on a deal that is ironclad let's give him more money just for doing his job. You'd think were never had 20 million in debt hanging over our club.

Why should we pander to his demands when he clearly is going in the summer all he cares about is money he has two years left and he signed that deal he should just shut up. And get on with it till the summer 

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Well they will come again then and we will still have him tied into a contract.

And if his head drops, goals dry up and value decreases by a few million? Or he's rightly rewarded and continued  to perform and we renegotiate terms of contract to generate a few million more?

How much would it cost to get us the second option there? Less than a quarter of a million I'd say.

The same as we could very likely get option one by not rewarding someone more in line with their status in the club let alone transfer value.

Just now, gers31 said:

Why should we pander to his demands when he clearly is going in the summer all he cares about is money he has two years left and he signed that deal he should just shut up. And get on with it till the summer 

He probably doesn't even demand more its the record/sun stirring the pot.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

And if his head drops, goals dry up and value decreases by a few million? Or he's rightly rewarded and continued  to perform and we renegotiate terms of contract to generate a few million more?

How much would it cost to get us the second option there? Less than a quarter of a million I'd say.

The same as we could very likely get option one by not rewarding someone more in line with their status in the club let alone transfer value.

Someone else will score like they did when he didn't score for ten games, Do we have to go round and round till I agree to this stupid idea your having. 

Ironclad deal two and a half seasons to run the buying club will only come in for him if he keeps up his form that's how he will increase his wages.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

two and half years left on a deal that is ironclad let's give him more money just for doing his job. You'd think were never had 20 million in debt hanging over our club.

"Just for doing his job"

It's for contract renegotiating in our favour not just a gift.

Again.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

13 goals in 6 months is what we should be expecting of him at this point. If he'd scored 25 by now we would be top of the league and won the league cup and wee Alfie should be rewarded with what ever cash and shiny things we could muster. 

and again, I don't know how folks know our wage structure, it's baffling to me - it's all guess work and not even educated at that

Archived