Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Siwel said:

Nah nearer 15million for me, basically giving up second place if we get rid of him with no Replacement

No we aren’t, we’ve still more than enough to finish second but I agree it will be a poor show from the directors accepting the offer when we can’t get a replacement - that’s why we should always urge caution when lavishing then with praise people thinking they’ve redeemed themselves this window with 4 loans and a guy from Hamilton yet sell our best player for 8 million and Wilson a few hundred K and Pena off wage bill to finance it all luckily we’re not all stupid even if the trolls from FF are.

Just now, Gustav said:

We'll not get £15m for him unless he leads us to a trophy/scores a few against them/does it in Europe

That’s the point it would need to be a bid so far above what we value him at if we’re selling him with no chance of getting a replacement in, unless Murty/Allen has a Free agent in mind that can replace him.

Just now, K.A.I said:

No we aren’t, we’ve still more than enough to finish second but I agree it will be a poor show from the directors accepting the offer when we can’t get a replacement - that’s why we should always urge caution when lavishing then with praise people thinking they’ve redeemed themselves this window with 4 loans and a guy from Hamilton yet sell our best player for 8 million and Wilson a few hundred K and Pena off wage bill to finance it all luckily we’re not all stupid even if the trolls from FF are.

I don’t think Cummings is good enough to replace Morelos, he could probably get as many goals as he does but Morelos does a lot more for the team than score goals.

Just now, Siwel said:

That’s the point it would need to be a bid so far above what we value him at if we’re selling him with no chance of getting a replacement in, unless Murty/Allen has a Free agent in mind that can replace him.

Hmmm maybe. But if we get say £12m and we get £8/9m reinvested in the summer plus say maybe another £6/7m that was already being spent already plus any money we make on the likes of Cardoso/Pena etc, that's serious serious money. That's probably not going to happen but you could build a team to absolutely dominate this league if you spend that kind of money correctly.

Just now, Gustav said:

Hmmm maybe. But if we get say £12m and we get £8/9m reinvested in the summer plus say maybe another £6/7m that was already being spent already plus any money we make on the likes of Cardoso/Pena etc, that's serious serious money. That's probably not going to happen but you could build a team to absolutely dominate this league if you spend that kind of money correctly.

When you put it like that it sounds great obviously that’s all hypothetical, but would it be worth imo writing this season off by selling Morelos to give us more to spend in the summer? I’m leaning towards yes after reading your post.

11 minutes ago, Gustav said:

We'll not get £15m for him unless he leads us to a trophy/scores a few against them/does it in Europe

The fact the window has closed has added another few million onto the asking price IMO

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

When you put it like that it sounds great obviously that’s all hypothetical, but would it be worth imo writing this season off by selling Morelos to give us more to spend in the summer? I’m leaning towards yes after reading your post.

I don't think it's writing the season off, he's probably our best player but we're by no means a 1 man team. Cummings 100% cant do the same job as him he's not good enough but I think he'll get more goals, with him and Murphy in particular I'd hope for the short term at least that would be enough to get an easy 2nd and a good run at the Scottish cup.

If he does go and we get £15m(ish) in the summer to spend it would be worth it IMO as well.

5 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

10 million comes in he will be away. Not the best from the Allan and Murty or the board even not getting a replacement in before the window but a don't think we can knock back 10 million.

Don't think Allen or Murty can  be criticised for it, if the money isn't there they can't spend it

2 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

10 million comes in he will be away. Not the best from the Allan and Murty or the board even not getting a replacement in before the window but a don't think we can knock back 10 million.

To be fair the rumoured 1st bid was Monday night, It doesn't leave a great deal of time to source out a suitable replacement or to the extent what players are available who fit the bill for next season also. 

By all means if we start doing our homework then a replacement for the new season shouldn't be too big a problem to address...the big picture is do we sell now or wait until the summer and hopefully still bag a similar deal.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

To be fair the rumoured 1st bid was Monday night, It doesn't leave a great deal of time to source out a suitable replacement or to the extent what players are available who fit the bill for next season also. 

By all means if we start doing our homework then a replacement for the new season shouldn't be too big a problem to address...the big picture is do we sell now or wait until the summer and hopefully still bag a similar deal.

I think getting a body in on loan would have made people feel a little easier about it. No way could we have arranged a permanent replacement.

Knowing now he’s going at some point between now and the summer we focus on replacement players in that position as well as other areas of the park to strengthen in.

Archived