Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Because anything could happen over the next six months, and we might not get offered £9m again even if nothing does.

Well that’s fine, then we don’t need a replacement for him. Anything could happen at any time can’t live in fear of it tho.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

WE go to, thought our board's goto boy was Jackson? 

:lol:

most of the stories from the club break through, Bruce Archer(occasionally), Chris Jack in the evening times or Andy Devlin in the sun, think there’s one more I’m maybe forgetting.

Just now, Siwel said:

Well that’s fine, then we don’t need a replacement for him. Anything could happen at any time can’t live in fear of it tho.

Of course we'd need a replacement but we have never sold a player for anything like £9m. And we're not really in a position to turn down that kind of money for a player we paid a million for 8 months ago. £9m is probably about a quarter to a fifth of our total revenue at the moment.

With the new scouting setup I'm hopeful a replacement could be found for maybe even just twice what we paid for AM?

5 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Of course we'd need a replacement but we have never sold a player for anything like £9m. And we're not really in a position to turn down that kind of money for a player we paid a million for 8 months ago. £9m is probably about a quarter to a fifth of our total revenue at the moment.

With the new scouting setup I'm hopeful a replacement could be found for maybe even just twice what we paid for AM?

I’m confident Mark Allen could find a replacement for him but right now we’re not in a position to do that because we’re inbetween windows, unless it’s a bid in the region of 15million I’d be telling them to fuck off.

Just now, Siwel said:

I’m confident Mark Allen could replace him but right now we’re not in a position to do that because we’re inbetween windows, unless it’s a bid in the region of 15million I’d be telling them to fuck off.

I don't understand the point in choosing an arbitrary number for what the guy is worth. Our biggest transfer in was obviously Flo at £10m and our biggest transfer out was much less.

It's probably on here somewhere:

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2104&teamTabs=transfers

Have a look at the 'out' business we've done over the last 10 years. It's fucking frightening. Not much money at all coming in.

Just say we sold Morelos, Allen can say to incoming players, "We can improve you, you will be noticed here if you do well."

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I don't understand the point in choosing an arbitrary number for what the guy is worth. Our biggest transfer in was obviously Flo at £10m and our biggest transfer out was much less.

It's probably on here somewhere:

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2104&teamTabs=transfers

Have a look at the 'out' business we've done over the last 10 years. It's fucking frightening. Not much money at all coming in.

Just say we sold Morelos, Allen can say to incoming players, "We can improve you, you will be noticed here if you do well."

Our highest out was Hutton for 13million according to transfermarkt, for me they need to get into double figures before we should be considering their offers I’d be looking for 15million mainly because they’ve got the money and we can’t replace him till next season which makes him more valuable to us especially given his form and that we don’t need to sell him.

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Our highest out was Hutton for 13million according to transfermarkt, for me they need to get into double figures before we should be considering their offers I’d be looking for 15million mainly because they’ve got the money and we can’t replace him till next season which makes him more valuable to us especially given his form and that we don’t need to sell him.

Fair dos, forgot about Hutton. And Cuellar went for about £8m too didn't he.

Just think we'd be daft to reject £9m for Morelos at the moment.

3 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Fair dos, forgot about Hutton. And Cuellar went for about £8m too didn't he.

Just think we'd be daft to reject £9m for Morelos at the moment.

8million for Boumsong too a bit before that, I think we could get more for him than that out of them tbh

I'd have sold in the window for 8m.  With the window being closed, and us unable to bring in a replacement, i think we should  hold out til the summer now.  Unless something crazy like 15m is bid :lol:  then I think we should sell regardless.

10 minutes ago, Siwel said:

8million for Boumsong too a bit before that, I think we could get more for him than that out of them tbh

The thing is that Hutton, Cuellar, Danny Wilson, even Jelavic didn't amount to much after they left us. So the top(ish) English teams aren't shopping at Ibrox anymore.

£9m now or jam tomorrow?

Even as a mad gambler I wouldn't take the chance.

43 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Why not keep him till we can get a replacement in then sell him.

We're playing a lone striker formation and Cummings could do a job until the end of the season.  We're out of the title race anyway and as long as we finish in the top 4 we'll have European football next season.  There's very little prize money for winning the Scottish cup and we'll already have a Euro spot from our final league position.  Is it worth turning down big money to pursue the Scottish Cup in the short-term?  I don't think so.  Right now we should be thinking about our long-term rebuilding strategy and pushing for the title next season.  It looks like Mark Allen knows how to spot a player and giving him cash in the summer could really improve us.  

5 hours ago, Siwel said:

Hutton was nowhere near 13 million.

7 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Rangers reject FOURTH Alfredo Morelos bid from Beijing Renhe worth around £9million as two South American clubs enter the race

The Super League side had THREE offers rejected last month and now SunSport understands a fourth — thought to be around the £9million mark — has been tabled.

Two teams in South America have also contacted the Ibrox club in the last 48 hours, making their interest in the Colombian clear.

Calling bullshit on this tbh.

Why aren't we naming the 2 teams from South America? It's all a bit vague and it's also hard to imagine 2 teams from that region willing to spend that sort of cash on a player plying his trade in Scotland.

Swap Rangers and Morelos for the taigs and one of their players in that story and everyone on here would be laughing at it but because it's us we're supposed to believe it.

Just now, mark1963 said:

Could we bring back Hardie or is it defo till the end of the season he's still raw but seems to score goal s when given a run out 

He's shite. The thought of having him replacing Morelos, even for a few months, makes me want to take my eyes out with a teaspoon.

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We're playing a lone striker formation and Cummings could do a job until the end of the season.  We're out of the title race anyway and as long as we finish in the top 4 we'll have European football next season.  There's very little prize money for winning the Scottish cup and we'll already have a Euro spot from our final league position.  Is it worth turning down big money to pursue the Scottish Cup in the short-term?  I don't think so.  Right now we should be thinking about our long-term rebuilding strategy and pushing for the title next season.  It looks like Mark Allen knows how to spot a player and giving him cash in the summer could really improve us.  

ffs we've not won a major trophy in years but cunts would rather have a few million quid in the bank, that probably only a fraction of would get re-invested in the team, and not until the summer, while the rest is squandered away on day to day cost than win a trophy... 'As long as we finish top 4'  :megaanguish:

Mind the days it was all about winning trophies now money is the new trophy for some :winnings:

Win the Scottish cup, finish second and as close to the mhanks as we can then cash in in the summer.  As long as Alfredo keeps doing what he's doing the bids will still come. 

Archived