Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

You take 11m for him the now?

Regretfully, probably have to mate aye.

Class business making £10m on him in 6 months.

Just think we’re going to really struggle for the rest of the season without him, unless Murty changes tactics.

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

maybe. But £11m and its no longer a footballing decision imho, its a business decision.

Tbh if it meant we would be guaranteed to challenge properly next season I'd take it. Use the money to get a proper manager and a higher level of player. 

£11m. :lol: The ONLY way we were ever going to catch the filth is by unearthing gems, building them up and selling them, preferably for over the odds. I didn’t for a second think we would do this quickly or for anything like this sort of money. 

Bite their fucking hand off. :tu:

3 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Can’t sell him for me, we’re in third place atm with him. Fuck knows where we would end up without him. 

True but we cant knock back the sort of money thats being talked about, if his head gets turned again then he might not do much till the end of the season either or he could score 20 and move on to the premier league, in a perfect world we keep him but a 10 million profit in 8 months speaks for itself.

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

Tbh if it meant we would be guaranteed to challenge properly next season I'd take it. Use the money to get a proper manager and a higher level of player. 

we already have murty in place so we wont be getting nor needing a new manager however i like murtys comments about prefering younger players to davis so with £8-£10m to spend in the summer it could be interesting to say the least

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

we already have murty in place so we wont be getting nor needing a new manager however i like murtys comments about prefering younger players to davis so with £8-£10m to spend in the summer it could be interesting to say the least

Murty will need to finish a comfortable 2nd and at least reach the Scottish Cup final to be there next season IMO, which ironically will be harder without Morelos. 

Who knows with this board's decision making though. 

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

we already have murty in place so we wont be getting nor needing a new manager however I like Murty's comments about preferring younger players to Davis so with £8-£10m to spend in the summer it could be interesting to say the least

Heard him say that did you?

Don't sell this guy.

Choice of having him here to partner Cummings to push the piglets all the way this season and next, or he leaves and Cummings might fuck off back down south in the summer too. Back to square one and try to find 2 predatory strikers with the dosh.

£10m doesn't provide the solution and so do our best to keep both of them.

This isnt just about Morelos either. We have to show to the world and to players trying to make their way that if they come to us and make an impression, they can go on to "bigger and better" things, very, very quickly. In Morelos case, him and his family are made for life after 7 months.

Thats HAS to be attractive to players who think they are being underrated and undervalued at their own clubs - so it attracts players of quality that have been overlooked. Come to us, do the business and we will make you for life. 

Thats tempting

Just now, geneva_ger said:

Don't sell this guy.

Choice of having him here to partner Cummings to push the piglets all the way this season and next, or he leaves and Cummings might fuck off back down south in the summer too. Back to square one and try to find 2 predatory strikers with the dosh.

£10m doesn't provide the solution and so do our best to keep both of them.

Eh? We’re pushing no one all the way this season, and the only way he’ll be here next season is if he picks up a long term injury.

I honestly can’t believe people think we’re in a position to turn down this kind of cash injection.

15 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Regretfully, probably have to mate aye.

Class business making £10m on him in 6 months.

Just think we’re going to really struggle for the rest of the season without him, unless Murty changes tactics.

yea it is, IMO Morelos will get better and better, its class if the 10 million gets invested back into the team. will it tho? 

Archived