Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, OhW said:

Everything is "allegedly" until it happens. If we sold him for £6m now we'd look like fucking idiots and there would be uproar.

He's not going for £6m and it's already been unofficially confirmed by the club we rejected £8m, so if he goes to China - expect it it be North of that. Also £11m is our asking price, if he goes for £10m we won't look like idiots one bit. 

11 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

What? Imaginary? You do understand that one of the biggest reasons we can’t compete with the filth is due to them buying cheap and selling big for years, yes?

I haven’t assumed anything, I’ve said that the only way he will be here beyond the summer is if he’s injured.

Any money may go to the soft loans and is therefore questionable (assumption). I do understand your point on the filth policy but they have done it from a position of being top dog while we were down. Your third point should be invalid for the reason I give. We will have not advanced by selling our talent to square the books and therefore will arrive at square one. 

Yes, when we get back up to a level playing field then I agree that to survive we must buy cheap and sell big. We are only a couple of moves away from being able to do this mate, but first we need to knock the cunts off their perch and to do that we need to keep this guy. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I think we should just say undisclosed fee when it happens and keep the beasts guessing.

Guessing? They'll make up their own version of events anyway.

It'll end up being we paid them £11m to take him from us because a clause in his contract meant we had to pay Morelos £15m personally when he hit 20 goals for the season.

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He's not going for £6m and it's already been unofficially confirmed by the club we rejected £8m, so if he goes to China - expect it it be North of that. Also £11m is our asking price, if he goes for £10m we won't look like idiots one bit. 

Why are you saying that to me?

7 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

ffs we've not won a major trophy in years but cunts would rather have a few million quid in the bank, that probably only a fraction of would get re-invested in the team, and not until the summer, while the rest is squandered away on day to day cost than win a trophy... 'As long as we finish top 4'  :megaanguish:

Mind the days it was all about winning trophies now money is the new trophy for some :winnings:

Win the Scottish cup, finish second and as close to the mhanks as we can then cash in in the summer.  As long as Alfredo keeps doing what he's doing the bids will still come. 

I wouldn't call the Scottish Cup a major trophy.  The prize money is negligible and the European spot is irrelevant as long as you finish top 4 in the league itself.  

The sums being quoted are as high as £11m and that's enough to build a team capable of challenging for the title next season.  Winning the league should be, and undoubtedly is, our top priority.  That's what gets us dominating domestic football in Scotland again and back in the Champions League where the real money is.

Great deal. Timing is inconvenient but we can't turn down a £10m profit for one player who's only played 30 games for us. Our whole model has to be buy cheap sell high, rejecting this goes totally against that. 

We could have serious money in the summer to spend to mount a real challenge to them.

Said it repeatedly, £20m or they can jog on. 

No need whatsoever for us to sell him when he will continue to score goals this season and hopefully push us towards a decent finish to the end of the campaign. 

Tie him down on a long contract in the summer and when he's scoring goals in Europe next term then he can leave for silly money. 

If it goes to £15m then I think the club will accept, disappointingly. 

The potential guys like Morelos has doesn't come along every day. A young albeit rough diamond, who tracks back, holds the ball and maybe if he grew his hair would score more with his napper, is what we need to hold on to. There are unconfirmed rumours that we may be getting investment so now is not the time to cash in, rather it is the time to steam in to the spl and win what we need with the talented team we are building. The time to cash in is not far away but it's not today or this year.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Said it repeatedly, £20m or they can jog on. 

No need whatsoever for us to sell him when he will continue to score goals this season and hopefully push us towards a decent finish to the end of the campaign. 

Tie him down on a long contract in the summer and when he's scoring goals in Europe next term then he can leave for silly money. 

If it goes to £15m then I think the club will accept, disappointingly. 

It's not as simple as that, he's already went 2/3 months without a goal and could easily do it again and he might not want to sign a new deal.

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

The potential guys like Morelos has doesn't come along every day. A young albeit rough diamond, who tracks back, holds the ball and maybe if he grew his hair would score more with his napper, is what we need to hold on to. There are unconfirmed rumours that we may be getting investment so now is not the time to cash in, rather it is the time to steam in to the spl and win what we need with the talented team we are building. The time to cash in is not far away but it's not today or this year.

His price is only going to go up. 

Why the rush to cash in, we are covered for money. Another good 2 or 3 seasons and he could for 20mill. 

Archived