Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

£10+ million = half to the "soft loan company" and half to Mark Allan - that won't win us the league.

Need to factor in investment which is (apparently) around the corner, new sponsorship and kit deals, season ticket money as well. 

Also consider the squad we already have, spend the money on three quality first team players. I'd argue we'd be in with a great shout.

We should be within touching distance this season, they're not as far ahead as some think. 

9 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Use the £11m to tie Kenny Miller down to a new 4 year deal.

4 years at his age?

Surely the security of a 5 year deal would be more tempting for him. Worth offering to ensure he doesn't leave for free to go elsewhere

7 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Need to factor in investment which is (apparently) around the corner, new sponsorship and kit deals, season ticket money as well. 

Also consider the squad we already have, spend the money on three quality first team players. I'd argue we'd be in with a great shout.

We should be within touching distance this season, they're not as far ahead as some think. 

Proper investment is the only factor to bring in decent players - our season ticket sales have always been the same bar a couple of years in the lowers. 

we have a quality player so why are we not trying to keep him? I will never understand the economics of selling player and using the funds to buy players who might actually be duff or not - it's a gamble - no need to gamble as Alfie is becoming a known asset - 

Those three players you talk about will have a combined wage well in excess of what might keep Morelos with us for 55

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Proper investment is the only factor to bring in decent players - our season ticket sales have always been the same bar a couple of years in the lowers. 

we have a quality player so why are we not trying to keep him? I will never understand the economics of selling player and using the funds to buy players who might actually be duff or not - it's a gamble - no need to gamble as Alfie is becoming a known asset - 

Those three players you talk about will have a combined wage well in excess of what might keep Morelos with us for 55

Who says we are not trying to keep him ?  

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Understand all those points, but we're a selling club now. Our business model for growth has to be reliant on buying cheap and selling high - as you say our season ticket sales have always been the same and we have no other real income currently.

I’d take it right now. Possible sell on clause if we can in case he does improve but players in that league don’t tend to invite big subsequent transfers. It’s a one-way street at the moment.

Personally, I don’t rate him that highly to justify the quoted bids. He’s too temperamental, petty and likely to sink back into another goal drought at any point. £11m is too good to turn down and if they feel they’ve maxed out their bid then they’ll move on and we won’t see anything like it again. Shaping up to be a Dembelle Mk11.

5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

The amount of cunts acting all angry and bemused at the prospect of us adopting a tried and tested, successful and sustainable business model. :lol:

Surely it's only a successful business model if you're getting maximum value from the player being sold? 

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Understand all those points, but we're a selling club now. Our business model for growth has to be reliant on buying cheap and selling high - as you say our season ticket sales have always been the same and we have no other real income currently.

"selling club" like Motherwell, Hivs and Hertz? when was the last time a "selling club" won anything? 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Surely it's only a successful business model if you're getting maximum value from the player being sold? 

It is and imo we’re getting way more than value for him if he goes for this much

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Agreed, but that’s a matter of opinion. My opinion is that he isn’t worth £11m now, and isn’t likely to be worth more than £11m in the future. We should cash out.

Archived