Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, KWBear said:

All day long this 

could be the difference next season and who knows, even an extended run in the Europa league courtesy of his goals could see us coin back this supposed fee 

fuck them all. About time we had a hard nosed cunt handling our negotiations. Makes a change from the arse raping we have had on transfer fees, even pre 2012 we were a fucking riddy for it 

get these cunts to fuck. 20m or fuck off 

Pretty sure we were all saying 10m or fuck off before these Chinese nutters started chucking money about

33 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I hope the Club understand exactly what he's thinking about these bids. Because if we know he doesn't really want to go to China (which could be understandable if he dreams of playing in the EPL), then we could push them for stupid money before accepting a bid. 

I'll be completely honest and would be gutted if we lost him, even if it was for £10Million or more.

I think he's a cracking prospect who plays a massive part in the rest of our Season. I can't see bids like these not being made in the Summer if he stays, so we should try our all to stop him leaving. Which right now the Club seem to be doing. 

The odds of this being any kind of successful for us with or without Morelos are exceptionally thin.

Id grab the money and run. The board have shown their target by appointing Murty - us fighting for second place.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why?? 

Don’t sell anyone, get shot of the not needed, bring in 3-4 good players in the summer. 

Is it more realistic if we sell our best player and buy 3-4 lesser players. 

Because we aren't making the group stages for a long, long time

41 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

11million for us is way to much to turn down,I like Morelos and he’s a good player but he’s not worth 11mil

That's the key thing for me as well, in normal circumstances he's not worth £11m, we're only getting it due to China being a ridiculous market.

He's an excellent prospect and I really really rate him but he's had a good 2 years, in Finland and Scotland...

I like Morelos and I think he has a lot of potential but he is not worth the gamble on getting better if this offer of £11m is genuine. 

Would that be the highest figure we have ever received for a player? Bonkers that some would turn their nose at it (especially at a time when we need some better quality in the team)

Just now, chris182 said:

Not that I agree with this, but If it’s the kind of money being rumoured on here then it’s worth more to the club than finishing 2nd and qualifying for Europa groups IMO.

To the board it’s probably worth the gamble.

We're not getting into the group stages with or without him unless we get the luckiest draw in the history of the competition. We can worry about Europe once we've started competing domestically first.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

We're not getting into the group stages with or without him unless we get the luckiest draw in the history of the competition. We can worry about Europe once we've started competing domestically first.

Fair point 

What was this Chinese crowd’s first offer? Wasn’t it 6m or so? 

If it was, then they are fucking shit at doing a deal. Get KBd, come back twice and end up at almost double their opening bid? 

Fuckin bolt ya zoomer bastards. 20m. Riddy cunts 

3 minutes ago, KWBear said:

What was this Chinese crowd’s first offer? Wasn’t it 6m or so? 

If it was, then they are fucking shit at doing a deal. Get KBd, come back twice and end up at almost double their opening bid? 

Fuckin bolt ya zoomer bastards. 20m. Riddy cunts 

:lol:

£11m is a ridiculous amount of money for someone we bought for £1.5m a few months ago, but if he continues scoring at the same rate and gets in the fringes of the Columbia world cup squads, even in a training camp, his value goes up by another £2/3m automatically. At that time we could put him to France, Italy or the Championship for £12-15m.

The other thing celtic have been great in doing recently is putting in a substantial sell on clause when they sell a player. If he goes to China he probably wouldn't be sold on for much more than we've sold him for, but if he goes to a better league and does well he could be sold on again for double or more of that value. That's the kind of things we need to be thinking about of we're going to sell him.

Right...

Few scenarios here. 

He score even more goals and helps us win the SC and makes the Colombia squad for the WC, he makes a move to the EPL for more.

We keep him he gets injured...value plummets we pick up the tab.

We sell to a Chinese club and without a sell out he move to the EPL/Spain or Italy for £20 mill next year.

We sell, get the £11 mill, get a sell on clause and make even more 

What I'm kinda getting at is there as so many variables to selling Morelos and so many arguments for keeping or selling. I love his attitude and regular goalscorers are are few and far between but at the same time that money could make us real contenders.

Getting money is all well and good but this fucking shit show of a board owe it to us to keep him at least until the end of the season to give us the best chance possible of some silverware, after the shite we have endured since they took over.

Sell him in the summer and rebuild with decent quality with the money we make off him.

Archived