Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

13 minutes ago, Gustav said:

What? Selling him will give us a much much bugger budget in the summer.

Depends what you mean giving up on this season? Winning thee title? Aye. Coming 2nd and winning the cup, I think we can do without him.

Yep. Think the league's gone and agree we should be good enough for 2nd and the cup with or without.

I also like him as a player and would keep him until the summer if it is an option. If it is sell now or not at all, I would sell and play Windass, Murphy, Cummings up top. I still think that is about as good a front 3 as there is in this league and I'm not a huge Windass fan.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ok say it does add a few million to the pot. (I don’t think it will enhance it that much tbh)  anyone you bring will be a gamble. That’s ANYONE. - Adapting to our club, fitting in, finding form  etc

we have burned through many players in the past couple of years to find one or two gems and as soon as we have a valuable player that might just help us win stuff again , folks want him sold so we can then start the process all over again

lunacy

There’s no point risking another dud - Stick or twist?

Selling a player for £10m profit in the space of 30 games isn't lunacy :lol: 

Also the highlighted bit. What. The. Fuck.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Selling a player for £10m profit in the space of 30 games isn't lunacy :lol: 

Also the highlighted bit. What. The. Fuck.

Do you think for one single minute we will get every last penny of his transfer fee? Have you not heard of Dave King Soft Loan Co. 

cunts are deluded. I would argue that Morelos has cost us more than 10million so far. If you take into account the long list of shite players and wages it took to unearth him. 

So selling him would only recoup Pena, Herrera, Alves, Dodoo, MOH etc etc

so yes let’s flog him and keep our fingers crossed. Ffs

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

cunts are deluded. I would argue that Morelos has cost us more than 10million so far. If you take into account the long list of shite players and wages it took to unearth him. 

One of the most absurd ways to look at such a positive thing I've ever seen tbh. 

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Throw in a buy-back and a sell-on % clause and you have a deal

Buy back clause? It would be for at least what he was sold for if not more. Can you imagine us getting 11m for him now then buying him back for that in the summer ?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Buy back clause? It would be for at least what he was sold for if not more. Can you imagine us getting 11m for him now then buying him back for that in the summer ?

Ha, meant more along the lines of first refusal, in case he bombs

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:54, Moody Blue Legend said:

The manager said he wasn’t going unless we got a replacement.  We didn’t.  

£11m though?  

Jason Cummings?  He probably wasn't singed as a direct replacement but I'm certain he could perform the role as lone striker and score goals for us if push comes to shove.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:47, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

We’d be mental to sell him now. £11m IS s lot of money, but we can’t do anything with it until the summer. So what’s the point? 

Well, you pocket the money now and make plans for a summer rebuild.  It would give Mark Allen 4 months to scout players, and potentially a new manager, for a summer rebuild. 

I know many will say 'just wait and sell the player in the summer then' but if this Chinese club can't get Morelos now maybe they'll throw their money at someone else.  There's no guarantee that money will still be there in the summer.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Jason Cummings?  He probably wasn't singed as a direct replacement but I'm certain he could perform the role as lone striker and score goals for us if push comes to shove.

What makes everyone so certain Cummings can be a direct replacement?

He's only scored 6 in his last 25 appearances for Us, Forest and Scotland, and isnt the sort of player that will work as hard as Morelos.

I think he'll score now he has a good squad around him, but Morelos offer so much more than goals.

Is everyone basing it off his record in the Championship, or am I missing something?

28 minutes ago, GT66 said:

What makes everyone so certain Cummings can be a direct replacement?

He's only scored 6 in his last 25 appearances for Us, Forest and Scotland, and isnt the sort of player that will work as hard as Morelos.

I think he'll score now he has a good squad around him, but Morelos offer so much more than goals.

Is everyone basing it off his record in the Championship, or am I missing something?

I haven't watched Cummings for Forrest or Scotland so couldn't comment on those matches.  At Hibs he proved himself to be a natural goal-scorer and I'm certain he'll make the step up to the SPFL.  The boy has done well for us so far don't you think?.  Against Ross County Cummings replaced Morelos and had the ball in the net 5mins later - that goal won us the game.  The next game against Fraserburugh Cummings worked really hard chasing things down despite a lack of fitness and almost no service.  He pulled off another great finish against Ayr while working hard and getting involved in the overall play.  Once he's match fit and getting a consistent run of games he'll improve.

The players aren't exactly alike.  I do however think Cummings could do a job for us in that lone striker role should the club decide to take the money for Morelos.  

Just now, cushynumber said:

There's the slightest of chances we could win this league. Without him, that chance evaporates. £11m though...

It’s been rejected Cushy, he’s not leaving till the summer. I’ve got hope we might be able to pull off a miracle but I’m not expecting anything

Just now, Siwel said:

It’s been rejected Cushy, he’s not leaving till the summer. I’ve got hope we might be able to pull off a miracle but I’m not expecting anything

Fair enough. I'm not expecting it either. But I've not given up hope. The next few games are going to be really really interesting

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I haven't watched Cummings for Forrest or Scotland so couldn't comment on those matches.  At Hibs he proved himself to be a natural goal-scorer and I'm certain he'll make the step up to the SPFL.  The boy has done well for us so far don't you think?.  Against Ross County  Cummings replaced Morelos and had the ball in the net 5mins later - that goal won us the game.  The next game against Fraserburugh Cummings worked really hard chasing things down despite  a lack of fitness and almost no service.  He pulled off another great finish against Ayr while working hard and getting involved in the overall play.  Once he's match fit and getting a consistent run of games he'll improve.

The players aren't exactly alike.  I do however think Cummings could do a job for us in that lone striker role should the club decide to take the money for Morelos.  

Aye, he's been alright so far, but I'm not up for selling our best player in years and chance of a strong finish/ cup win based on a goal against Ross County and Ayr Utd.

Waghorn looked like a player in the Championship, and to be fair still looks decent with Ipswich, but there wasn't many sad to see him go after his season in the SPL.

It's just way too soon to say that Cummings can replace him.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

There's the slightest of chances we could win this league. Without him, that chance evaporates. £11m though...

if we do win the league and manage to qualify for the champions league that would be worth more than the £11m

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

It's really £4/5 million though. Don't doubt we could get around 6 at least for him elsewhere.

Archived