Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Jason Cummings?  He probably wasn't singed as a direct replacement but I'm certain he could perform the role as lone striker and score goals for us if push comes to shove.

We had signed him before Murty made the comment though.

On 17/02/2018 at 08:51, KeyserSoze said:

Ok say it does add a few million to the pot. (I don’t think it will enhance it that much tbh)  anyone you bring will be a gamble. That’s ANYONE. - Adapting to our club, fitting in, finding form  etc

we have burned through many players in the past couple of years to find one or two gems and as soon as we have a valuable player that might just help us win stuff again , folks want him sold so we can then start the process all over again

lunacy

There’s no point risking another dud - Stick or twist?

100pc agree .even if we were to go out and buy 3 players at 3m each for the squad there's no guarantee any would work out .

that's not just for us but for any club .some players just don't settle in .goes the other way .even morelos when he signed I'm sure he was seen as somebody that would be getting some game time and hopefully be at first team level in a season or so.now look at him 

On 16/02/2018 at 20:38, DanGer said:

The boy has realised where he is . He gets what we are, he gets where we we going. He’s staying. Watch this space lads and try and prove me wrong.

He wanted the move to China and has made it clear he wants to move on at end of season. He won't be here much longer.

8 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I could think of £50k after tax a week as a reason for him wanting to move, hope he stays but when that sort of cash is dangled in front of you it sways logical thoughts he may have had. Hope it’s pish

If he wanted the move he'd already be away. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If he wanted the move he'd already be away. 

Not up to him mate it’s up to the club, if he was to hand in a transfer request that would change the dynamics as he would forfeit say 30% if that’s what his agent tied us up to on us selling him. That could work out a big wedge of cash he walks away from.

The Club hold the Aces at the moment , he looks like he enjoys it hear but money talks.

It's a difficult one when does their window end? Maybe the decision will be based on where we are at that time.

Personally really like Morelos, don't think he's irreplaceable though and 11 million is a good fee. Every player has there price and I don't think we could say he's worth any more than that at this moment in time.

I'd leave it up to Morelos, if he wants to go we should let him at the right price.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Cummings may arguably be our most gifted player. He won't be happy getting 15 minutes per game. In saying that, I though Morelos looked very sharp yesterday but that money is too good to turn down.

You’re at it, I like Cummings but if it’s a choice between him or Morelos it’s an absolute no brainer ffs

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Cummings may arguably be our most gifted player. He won't be happy getting 15 minutes per game. In saying that, I though Morelos looked very sharp yesterday but that money is too good to turn down.

Absolutely no where near our most gifted player.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Talk pish morelos is gonna fire us to 55 Cummings decent back up

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

In what way would you argue he may arguably be our most gifter player?

49 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Cummings is not better than Morelos. 

You're on glue if you think otherwise. 

Archived