Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, backup said:

54 pages of conjecture over an unconfirmed rumour must be near some sort of record.

30 minutes ago, Waggy1872 said:

On this forum I doubt it's anywhere near the record ?

Do neither of you realise what a forum is for...?

I'll be honest, the way we have changed our formation and ethos in the past 2 games has brought the best out of a lot of players.

Imagine we beat Hearts and they drop points to Aberdeen.  Maximum points from our next 2 games see's us right in there.  It would then be crazy to let him go!

Keep him, go for a monumental push for the league, and maybe, just maybe, he fires us in to the CL?

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Don’t agree with that I think that’s a bit of a myth the 3 best seasons for Scottish clubs in Europe us in 1992/93 Scotland were getting pumped 5-0 off Portugal and Switzerland hammering them too as they failed to qualify for USA 94  probably the worst World Cup in terms in quality .. celtic were no challenge in the league and almost out of business 

celtic Seville 2003 mighty Zizkov meant we had no Euro involvement and the Scotland team weren’t qualifying for anything tournie and I’m pretty positive without looking at the other results Motherwell and Dunfermline or whoever we’re in Europe for Scotland made no waves at all - in fact they didn’t 

us Manchester 09 Scotland had failed a few months earlier for another majors and the other Scottish teams in Europe got fucked out early rounds off fisherman and postmen in their games 

We don’t need a strong Scotland to flourish just a strong Rangers 

I never mentioned the national team?

I mean the SPL, better teams playing in it means we get stronger and better football creates more of an interest which in turn gets a better TV deal so on.

Rodgers however much we hate him is relatively high profile and English football will be watching him

Steve Clarke again well known in England so will be being watched

I genuinely think is not putting a higher profile manager in place will have cost us and Scottish football.

Say we appointed big Sam, he is someone who would of attracted attention, 3 well known managers who would want to do well may well have pushed viewing figures up so the SFA could then negotiate more money which would be distributed and with any luck other teams would look to do the same.

Yes we all hate the other teams but in the bigger picture stuff like Dundee and Aberdeen building new stadium's and training grounds will hopefully improve quality throughout the league and better quality means that Rangers may do better when getting into Europe. 

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I never mentioned the national team?

I mean the SPL, better teams playing in it means we get stronger and better football creates more of an interest which in turn gets a better TV deal so on.

Rodgers however much we hate him is relatively high profile and English football will be watching him

Steve Clarke again well known in England so will be being watched

I genuinely think is not putting a higher profile manager in place will have cost us and Scottish football.

Say we appointed big Sam, he is someone who would of attracted attention, 3 well known managers who would want to do well may well have pushed viewing figures up so the SFA could then negotiate more money which would be distributed and with any luck other teams would look to do the same.

Yes we all hate the other teams but in the bigger picture stuff like Dundee and Aberdeen building new stadium's and training grounds will hopefully improve quality throughout the league and better quality means that Rangers may do better when getting into Europe. 

I know you never mentioned the National team but I thought it relevant because it should represent the epitome of where the Scottish game is at. 

The stuff about Aberdeen hopefully developing a new stadium for the good of the game is fucking nauseating to be honest - we do not need a strong Scottish game to flourish - we never have - as the examples I’ve given show 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know you never mentioned the National team but I thought it relevant because it should represent the epitome of where the Scottish game is at. 

The stuff about Aberdeen hopefully developing a new stadium for the good of the game is fucking nauseating to be honest - we do not need a strong Scottish game to flourish - we never have - as the examples I’ve given show 

Breathtaking example of ignorance.

Just now, The Scunner said:

Breathtaking example of ignorance.

You would say that being a snakey yes voting cunt pennywise 

do you dispute the examples I gave when we’ve done well on the bigger stage and will attempt to tell that the Scottish game was great then? Go on ...

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Never have for the league but we have been shite in Europe.

I can understand many will have the blue tinted glasses on but a stronger game with more money will be better in the long term, do you really want to be in a 2 horse race and watching punt it up the park football against the smaller teams then doing shit in Europe because all the other leagues are better with more money or would you prefer a competitive league and being better prepared for coming up against better teams in Europe?

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Never have for the league but we have been shite in Europe.

I can understand many will have the blue tinted glasses on but a stronger game with more money will be better in the long term, do you really want to be in a 2 horse race and watching punt it up the park football against the smaller teams then doing shit in Europe because all the other leagues are better with more money or would you prefer a competitive league and being better prepared for coming up against better teams in Europe?

I’ve no problem with a 2 horse race it doesn’t have an impact on Europe if we have the right team and do it right - again as per the examples I’ve given of the 3 times in recent years 

and that’s just the 3 best years there’s been another 2/3 years celtic were in last 16 if CL, a season we did it too and were a Boyd sitter away from quarters and times we’ve been unlucky with the group stages in the Advocaat years - we’ve never had a strong Scottish League or anything but a two horse race ... in fact the time we had the last 16 in CL we finished third with proves my point further 

we only need the right Rangers to fuck with a strong Scottish League 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You would say that being a snakey yes voting cunt pennywise 

do you dispute the examples I gave when we’ve done well on the bigger stage and will attempt to tell that the Scottish game was great then? Go on ...

To be fair the game has changed a lot in the last few years and other leagues have much better TV deals and more money so can buy better players.

If you think you don't need a competitive league why have the beasts been shite in Europe while we were in the lower leagues?

More money = better players and better football

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

To be fair the game has changed a lot in the last few years and other leagues have much better TV deals and more money so can buy better players.

If you think you don't need a competitive league why have the beasts been shite in Europe while we were in the lower leagues?

More money = better players and better football

See the edit above 

the beasts were also shite in Europe Cos of Delia and his ridiculous tactics. 

you mentioned a 2 horse race in the other post though?

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve no problem with a 2 horse race it doesn’t have an impact on Europe if we have the right team and do it right - again as per the examples I’ve given of the 3 times in recent years 

You don't think a 2 horse race is boring?

There is already grumbles in England about the EPL going that way. You now also have English teams taking the Europa seriously for the champions league spot if you win it

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

There is already grumbles in England about the EPL going that way. You now also have English teams taking the Europa seriously for the champions league spot if you win it

So you want a better standard of Scottish football and more teams to challenge us because you think it’s boring otherwise? That’s almost on a par with King wanting us to share titles with celtic so it’s more interesting and for the good of Scottish football 

if you want to be entertained then there’s other leagues for that I just want a strong successful Rangers, not having a great league with several teams all going for the title at the expense of our success

i see where people are coming from thinking a strong Scottish League = a better Rangers but I don’t agree there’s zero proof of that and again the examples I gave backs it up 

how anyone can support Rangers And hope the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee get nice new stadiums for the good of the Scottish game is beyond me 

let’s go the whole hog and support celtic against zenit for the co efficient then 

3 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

We're never getting away from a two horse race, we have two teams that are so much bigger than the rest.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So you want a better standard of Scottish football and more teams to challenge us because you think it’s boring otherwise? That’s almost on a par with King wanting us to share titles with celtic so it’s more interesting and for the good of Scottish football 

if you want to be entertained then there’s other leagues for that I just want a strong successful Rangers, not having a great league with several teams all going for the title at the expense of our success

i see where people are coming from thinking a strong Scottish League = a better Rangers but I don’t agree there’s zero proof of that and again the examples I gave backs it up 

how anyone can support Rangers And hope the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee get nice new stadiums for the good of the Scottish game is beyond me 

let’s go the whole hog and support celtic against zenit for the co efficient then 

Of course it's better, for one it's a better fan experience, better transport links etc should be easier getting into grounds which has been an issue at away games this season.

Do you honestly not want the Scottish game to grow and improve? 

Like someone posted earlier we are known as a pub league and if it doesn't improve we will go backwards and have very little chance of attracting decent players or having a decent run in Europe.

Teams in the Dutch league have received decent money for players and their league is quite competitive, but the Dutch national team are pish and their clubs rarely challenge for European honours, 2002 was the last time they won something.

If Hibs receive big money for McGinn it will likely offset the big money they have been shelling out to get out the championship  (at last) and have a go at the SPL.

Archived