Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, denya said:

In other positions we have players that sre of 25 and younger that I think are very good like Wilmar Barrios (Boca Juniors), Johan Mojica (Girona), Eder Balanta (Basel), Gustavo Cuellar (Flamengo) and player I like most Yimmi Chará (Atleico Junior). 

Just watched a video of Chara there. Very pacy and 11 goals in 18 starts this season is very impressive. 

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Just watched a video of Chara there. Very pacy and 11 goals in 18 starts this season is very impressive. 

He is very good, quick and can score goals. He has got his place now in the starting 11 of la seleccion. Is one of the biggest threat we have from the midfield.

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Surely won’t stay in at Junior long if he’s a starter for national team?

Depends. Teo had still be getting asked into the team when he is at Junior too, they have a very good team in this moment and paying more than all other teams here. He was in Monterrey in Mexico and was not getting asked as often. I think a team in Brasil, Argentina or Europe will ask to sign him soon. But for now he is playing very good in the national league and in Copa Libertadores and for national team. He is one of the most dangerous players in the team. 

I’m pleased he has a clear goal in mind. That way all parties know the conditions of him leaving (unless things go sour).

Id have been disappointed for him as a player making the move to China, so the fact he has his heart set on EPL is the right thing for him as a player.

For us it means he has to do it In Europe to get a good move down south as well as the fact English clubs aren’tliekly to just offer £10m+ for a player that has scored 16 goals in all competitions in Scotland.

I can see him being here until summer 2019 if we get him to sign a new deal, if not then he’ll leave in the summer and look for another EPL steeping stone that will give more money than us.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Does anyone else feel that the fact we haven't jumped at this offer means that more finance may well be coming into the club?

Don't know about new money being available but have to say I was pleasantly surprised we didn't take the transfer fee on offer. Board are either comfortable with our financial position or being foolish, hopefully the former.  

9 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Does anyone else feel that the fact we haven't jumped at this offer means that more finance may well be coming into the club?

Not quite, but I do think it indicates that we're close enough to balancing the books that the board can see there are more commercial opportunities open to us by being seriously competitive.

24 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

That's a fair point but it could also be that Morelos wants a move to the EPL or other top league, rather than China.   Can't help but think that if a top club down south had bid the same amount during January the player would have been keen on it and we would have taken the money.  Still, hope you're right.

I think the club will have promised him a move in the Summer.

We will have a better chance of winning the cup and/or nicking the title if he hangs around till end of season.

Mark Allen has already shown he can pick up players and we will have a number of replacements in mind.

Big difference on the scouting side now and essential for a  club of our standing.

3 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I think the club will have promised him a move in the Summer.

We will have a better chance of winning the cup and/or nicking the title if he hangs around till end of season.

Mark Allen has already shown he can pick up players and we will have a number of replacements in mind.

Big difference on the scouting side now and essential for a  club of our standing.

Hoping against hope that we get at least one more season out of him before the inevitable move south. I don't think he has done enough yet to interest an EPL club but if a decent Championship side came up with an offer, I can see him being interested. Just hope that whenever he goes it is not on the cheap.

Archived