Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smile said:

Agree he's getting well paid for the job he's supposed to do and was happy to sign the contract.

I could see if he had won us something and excelled he done maybe better than expected given he was bought as potential but he's a lot to learn yet.

Going by that logic all the squad should take a pay cut. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

They were considered better at the time so got better contracts, Understandable we do not get to pay them less because they have underperformed.

Better than who?

Niko was a past it 33 year old who played fuck all football and Rossiter done the square route of fuck all. Handing out ridiculous contracts to players who didn't merit it. Then we have the Mexican flops on a fortune too.

We have one now who deserves it. Give him a  new deal as if anyone in the squad deserves it it's him.

18 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Why, if hypothetically he got called up by Columbia and started banging goals in at international level - we could get more from EPL clubs. I'm not saying for a second he's worth that, but when EPL clubs are bidding over £30 million for Troy Deeney, and the money expected to rise -  we'd be crazy to

There's no need to put a buy out clause on unless his agent asks for one. What you don't factor in is that a buyout clause may be a lot now, but if football fees continue going through the roof - in 5 years time it's not such a good fee. Look at 5 years ago, If Liverpool had put a £50million buy out clause on Coutinho (which would've been a lot of money at the time) they'd have lost about £100million if he didn't sign a new deal and remove it. 

Thats assuming we would manage to keep him beyond next season, which we wont. 

It’s a no brainer to get him tied down on a longer contract on improved terms,there’s literally no negatives he’s one of our top players and deserves to be paid as such and it will only strengthen our position if and when we come to sell,only a halfwit would think this isn’t a good idea.

9 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Couldn't hit a barn door = 5 goals in his last 8.

7 in 10 if you want to include the 2 games in Florida. 

Sure, he's fucking Aguero now.

He's missed some fucking sitters and it's what you don't score when you should have that costs you. There WAS those two games!

And we knocked back 8 million? Level 5  must think we are all Club1872 members.

IF the story is to believed, he now wants a new contract, yet before the transfer speculation, he didn't want to be here, with us being the stepping stone to the EPL. Won't blame him for ambition, but China is a long way from England. Money talks and he's fucking at it. He doesn't want to be here and doesn't get it, so fuck him. We now just put whatever measures in place to keep him motivated and hopefully maximise our return come the summer.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

His contract was as a player valued at what we paid for him ie 1 to 2m. He is now valued in the market at 8m. He deserves rewarded for becoming our most valuable asset and it is sound business practice to pay a little more now to reward this if the terms of contract can be renegotiated into millions more profit for us.

Neither I nor anyone else is suggesting simply giving him a fortune more with nothing in it for us.

Why is it so difficult to comprehend?

We hold all the cards then.

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sure, he's fucking Aguero now.

He's missed some fucking sitters and it's what you don't score when you should have that costs you. There WAS those two games!

And we knocked back 8 million? Level 5  must think we are all Club1872 members.

IF the story is to believed, he now wants a new contract, yet before the transfer speculation, he didn't want to be here, with us being the stepping stone to the EPL. Won't blame him for ambition, but China is a long way from England. Money talks and he's fucking at it. He doesn't want to be here and doesn't get it, so fuck him. We now just put whatever measures in place to keep him motivated and hopefully maximise our return come the summer.

See this missing sitters patter from our fans it’s a shambles.

The boy is 21 years old, top goal scorer for us and the league. His game is so much more than goals, holding it up, bringing others into play. Aberdeen he came off and the ball never stayed up the park once. Same with Fraserborugh the ball constantly came back and that’s a highland league side.

What striker doesn’t miss chances? He never hides and always plods away until he sticks one away. If he was more clinical do you honestly think he would be anywhere near Ibrox?

1m pound he cost nearly half the price of Joey Garner for fuck sake. Yet some still find something to moan about.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Is this the impression you have of Morelos? He didn't give himself the circa £8m valuation you know...

He's the league's top scorer and has outgunned others who are valued far higher and paid far more than he is. And if reports are to be believed he's on the lower end of our pay scale despite now being our most valuable asset.

Why us his value dependent on the team winning a cup or two? The league and CL appearances yes, but are you saying if we'd won the league cup this would justify a higher salary in some way.

In 6 months he's topping the goals charts and is now an 8m valued player. Is it not right morally and in a business sense that both parties should seek renegotiation.

Not sure it is my impression if I'm honest, but there's a growing feeling that his head has been turned. I know he never set his own valuation but he probably believes now that this his worth and his feelers are out. 

why don't you think a player helping a team win cups, leagues etc is valued higher than a player whose team have won nothing? of course his value is based around the success of the team he is playing in and therefore his wage will be in line with that . That's why successful teams pay their players more.. 

six months in and he should be looking to be playing consistently and scoring goals regularly until the end of the season then we should talk - not trying to throw money at him and tie him into a gazillion year contract. 

These are the goals with two assists. I think some are getting carried away.

Aberdeen 1 goal 

Hibs 2 goals 

Ross County 3 goals 

Dundee 2 goals 

Thistle 1 goal. 

St Johnstone 1 goal 

Motherwell 1 goal 

Cup

Dunfermline 2 goals. 

Somebody check this as I'm often wrong. I say he's done well overall but nothing above that.

40 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Why, if hypothetically he got called up by Columbia and started banging goals in at international level - we could get more from EPL clubs. I'm not saying for a second he's worth that, but when EPL clubs are bidding over £30 million for Troy Deeney, and the money expected to rise -  we'd be crazy to

There's no need to put a buy out clause on unless his agent asks for one. What you don't factor in is that a buyout clause may be a lot now, but if football fees continue going through the roof - in 5 years time it's not such a good fee. Look at 5 years ago, If Liverpool had put a £50million buy out clause on Coutinho (which would've been a lot of money at the time) they'd have lost about £100million if he didn't sign a new deal and remove it. 

Because he isn’t getting in the Colombia squad and Prem players get bought for that money because they’re proven qualities in that league. 

24 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Better than who?

Niko was a past it 33 year old who played fuck all football and Rossiter done the square route of fuck all. Handing out ridiculous contracts to players who didn't merit it. Then we have the Mexican flops on a fortune too.

We have one now who deserves it. Give him a  new deal as if anyone in the squad deserves it it's him.

Obviously the Manager and the board who sanctioned the deals.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Not sure it is my impression if I'm honest, but there's a growing feeling that his head has been turned. I know he never set his own valuation but he probably believes now that this his worth and his feelers are out. 

Am sure I read he was married. He doesn't seem the sort that was interested in the material things you had mentioned. He's never out and about getting photographed on the club scene etc. His head will naturally be turned by wages... that what he's genuinely valued at elsewhere.

why don't you think a player helping a team win cups, leagues etc is valued higher than a player whose team have won nothing? of course his value is based around the success of the team he is playing in and therefore his wage will be in line with that . That's why successful teams pay their players more.. 

Successful teams are generally filled with better players who command higher salaries. And i agree with that and would love morelos to be in a league and cup winning Rangers team. But I also reckon that the best players in non successful teams can be individual successes and of high worth. Plenty of examples out there. You suggested as he/Rangers have not won anything yet he shouldn't have any right to improved terms. I reckon that's wrong to hold him accountable for team success despite him doing his bit and other clubs valuing him at 8m as a result. 

six months in and he should be looking to be playing consistently and scoring goals regularly until the end of the season then we should talk - not trying to throw money at him and tie him into a gazillion year contract. 

Who gets the blame if we don' bring him in line with our top earners and his form does dip? Him, the board, MA? 

We're talking about less than 200k, not as s buckshee gift, but to renegotiate in the club's interests.

It's what he's worth and what he deserves. 

13 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Because he isn’t getting in the Colombia squad and Prem players get bought for that money because they’re proven qualities in that league. 

I wasn't saying that he was worth that at all, I was just highlighting this desperation from some to put buy-out clauses in players contracts who don't need them. 

We all know he's not playing for Columbia anytime soon, but if they get 3-4 players injured and have a meaningless friendly, if he continues to do well he may get a chance. As soon as he's an "international", his value sky-rockets and a buy-out clause then becomes a very foolish move

EDIT: Looking at their squad they have a lot of older strikers playing and will probably look to blood some younger players after this world cup. 

Current squad: 

7FWCarlos Bacca8 September 1986 (age 31)4314 Villarreal

16FWMiguel Borja26 January 1993 (age 25)52 Palmeiras

2FWDuván Zapata1 April 1991 (age 26)40 Sampdoria

17FWFelipe Pardo17 August 1990 (age 27)31 Olympiacos

26FWAvilés Hurtado20 April 1987 (age 30)20 Monterrey

Recent call-ups

FWRadamel Falcao (captain)10 February 1986 (age 31)7028 Monacov.  Peru, 10 October 2017

FWTeófilo Gutiérrez17 May 1985 (age 32)5115 Juniorv.  Peru, 10 October 2017

FWLuis Muriel16 April 1991 (age 26)171 Sevillav.  Peru, 10 October 2017

Bacca, Falcao, Gutierrez, Hurtado are all 30+. 

Lucas Muriel has scored 1 goal in 17 games for Columbia

Felipe Pardo is a winger who can play up top

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

These are the goals with two assists. I think some are getting carried away.

Aberdeen 1 goal 

Hibs 2 goals 

Ross County 3 goals 

Dundee 2 goals 

Thistle 1 goal. 

St Johnstone 1 goal 

Motherwell 1 goal 

Cup

Dunfermline 2 goals. 

Somebody check this as I'm often wrong. I say he's done well overall but nothing above that.

Enough to have him valued at 8m as much due to potential as the performances and goals.

That value of that potential is all in the eyes of the beholder (well, buyer). Its up to the club whether we want him to be worth that or more come the summer, or worth less for potentially the sake of a couple of hundred thousand.

Just now, Gustav said:

If he's willing to add another year on then give him what he wants(within reason), if he just wants a pay rise with no extension I wouldn't be giving him that much of a rise.

I don't see a situation where we pay him more without an extension? I've never heard of a player getting an improved contract which didn't have an extension on it. Otherwise we're getting nothing from it, we're losing money with no gain. I think it's common knowledge for a player that if you want to demand a higher wage mid contract then you need to be prepared to extend it.

Archived