Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

Just now, Smile said:

Someone else will score like they did when he didn't score for ten games, Do we have to go round and round till I agree to this stupid idea your having.

No. You can stop quoting my posts anytime you want and keep shouting that it's a gift for simply doing his job.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KeyserSoze said:

13 goals in 6 months is what we should be expecting of him at this point. If he'd scored 25 by now we would be top of the league and won the league cup and wee Alfie should be rewarded with what ever cash and shiny things we could muster. 

and again, I don't know how folks know our wage structure, it's baffling to me - it's all guess work and not even educated at that

The papers seem to stir some into a frenzy good work by them.

5 minutes ago, gers31 said:

Why should we pander to his demands when he clearly is going in the summer all he cares about is money he has two years left and he signed that deal he should just shut up. And get on with it till the summer 

If he is clearly going in the summer, why wasn't the alleged mega offer accepted.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No. You can stop quoting my posts anytime you want and keep shouting that it's a gift for simply doing his job.

A gift he's getting paid for doing his job, no more no less.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Someone else will score like they did when he didn't score for ten games, Do we have to go round and round till I agree to this stupid idea your having. 

Ironclad deal two and a half seasons to run the buying club will only come in for him if he keeps up his form that's how he will increase his wages.

right fuck you I'm not liking any more of your posts, someone must have hacked your account - :lol:

Just now, backup said:

If he is clearly going in the summer, why wasn't the alleged mega offer accepted.

Because he wants to go to England m8 like he has said and Murty stated he put a 10mill price tag on his head so maybe that's why King and the board didn't accept that offer maybe 

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nada. 

It seems that to get anywhere in the journalistic world of Scottish media then you needed to do a stint at Ra Sellic View. Off the top of my head:

Andrew Smith of the Scotsman

Donald Cowey of Ra Herald

Kevin McKenna of Scotland on Sunday

Alison McConnell of the Evening Times was a View journo until she had Chris Sutton's son (allegedly)

Paul Cuddihy of the Scottish Catholic Observer

Paul Cooney of Capital Radio

Fat Matt McGlone - writer for Ra View and 'Once A Tim' fanzine - now an occasional article writer for Ra Record

:sarcasm:

1 minute ago, gers31 said:

Because he wants to go to England m8 like he has said and Murty stated he put a 10mill price tag on his head so maybe that's why King and the board didn't accept that offer maybe 

he never said he wants to go to England, Murty never put any price tag on his head - do you work for the DR?

1 minute ago, gers31 said:

I think it was mentioned that the deal was not structured right, Must have not really been in the board's favour maybe linked to goals and appearances.  

As in our position, we would have taken it I feel.

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

he never said he wants to go to England, Murty never put any price tag on his head - do you work for the DR?

He did say he wants to go to England and there was a 10mill price tag on him 

24 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He is the ex editor and presumably supports them as well but always found him to be one of the very few fair & balanced journos up here to be honest. More than happy to dish out praise & criticism to both us & them when deserved. 

Once described by a fellow journalist in private (and of no allegiance to either of us) as "the most bitter bastard in Scottish Sports journalism"

A good friend of the 'Ardonye Republican' Braiden. - speaks fucking volumes. A hate-filled cunt.

4 minutes ago, gers31 said:

I remember the Red Bull/mckay £7/£8 million nonsense, a mirror of this nonsense.

Who gives a fuck? He has a contract to fulfill. If someone wants to buy him pay our asking price or fuck off elsewhere. If he wants more money after an average 6 months tell him to find a club willing to meet the asking price. If he wants to he can go on to be a star but if it's all about the money he won't go far.

17 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Once described by a fellow journalist in private (and of no allegiance to either of us) as "the most bitter bastard in Scottish Sports journalism"

A good friend of the 'Ardonye Republican' Braiden. - speaks fucking volumes. A hate-filled cunt.

Hmmm. 

Worse that Spiers, Spence, Gordon & that ilk, no chance. 

Let’s face it this isn’t Morelos taking a hissy fit, it’s his agent seeing an opportunity to make the boy and himself more money and quite right too.

If someone is prepared to pay £6/8 mil for him then he deserves a wage commensurate with that, we don’t know what the offer was, it may have been bread today and jam tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Let’s face it this isn’t Morelos taking a hissy fit, it’s his agent seeing an opportunity to make the boy and himself more money and quite right too.

If someone is prepared to pay £6/8 mil for him then he deserves a wage commensurate with that, we don’t know what the offer was, it may have been bread today and jam tomorrow.

Small point but important one is that its the paper saying his agent is doing so, without quotes.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He is the one with the value. Is that by passing you?

If we want to sell in the summer then we do the right thing, pay him in line with better paid team mates and demonstrate that ability is rewarded. Which in turn should keep him focussed and goal scoring.

A win win for the sake of what 7 to 10k per week until summer and we get to renegotiate terms of his contract ie a 10m buyout.

And what a stupid analogy. Contracted situations with players is nothing like that with a burd unless you pay for it contractually....

It's more than rewarding ability, it's the message you send out to others that we might be interested in signing in the future.  Best we can offer quality young players is the stage of playing for Rangers, European football and a shop window.  Do well for us and doors will open to the big leagues where the big money is...if that's what they want.  Do we really want to be telling aspiring, quality young players that if they come to us on relatively low salaries and improve to the point they're getting the recognition from the big leagues that we'll piss them about?

I'm with you, if that's the valuation of him now, what's the point of not investing that little bit more in him and watch his valuation soar to a point where we can't afford to pay him.  

Archived