Clint Hill

Laudrup1984

19 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’d recommend a trip down to Carlisle to anyone thinking about it. The football is terrible but Brunton Park is a classic wee traditional English ground and the terracing is a nice throwback. Plenty of pubs and places for food in and around the town centre too.

Had the privilege of bumping into Clint and he spoke to us for a good 10 minutes with absolutely no rush about him. At the time, he was throwing all sorts of questions at us about Alves so I reckon he thinks he could still be doing a job in our defence! :lol:

One thing that sticks is he couldn’t stress how much the players respect Graeme Murty.

Ive been going regularly for over 5 years. Can only endorse what you say. I love my weekends down in Carlisle. It's a great city.

17 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's just a shame he wasn't given another year.  You could make a case it was because of his age but he was replaced with a 36 year old.  We've now ended up with Russell Martin on loan and Wilson's fucked off.  Tell him to get his training gear out and head back up North.

He’s far too good for Carlisle and League 2 football. When I went down to see them play he was head and shoulders above every other player on the park. No doubt in my mind that he could still be doing a job in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

He’s far too good for Carlisle and League 2 football. When I went down to see them play he was head and shoulders above every other player on the park. No doubt in my mind that he could still be doing a job in the Championship.

Offered us a real threat in the air too.  With the delivery of set-piece we now have he could've been a big asset up the other end of the pitch.  

27 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Offered us a real threat in the air too.  With the delivery of set-piece we now have he could've been a big asset up the other end of the pitch.  

True. Alves could beat a Boeing 747 to a ball in the air anywhere else on the pitch but when it comes to set pieces he’s virtually non-existent in the box.

Clint is a top guy. For me in years to come he will hold that Rangers cult status like Roberts, Hurlock and laterly big Ugo. I like the Carlisle connection. The club colours fit perfectly aswell. But if you read their history, their real Scottish connection is with Ayrshire Junior football which was their hunting ground for talent, and where they unearthed some real gems, even before the days of Bill Shankly, however that connection was strengthened by the great man.

7 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I’d recommend a trip down to Carlisle to anyone thinking about it. The football is terrible but Brunton Park is a classic wee traditional English ground and the terracing is a nice throwback. Plenty of pubs and places for food in and around the town centre too.

Had the privilege of bumping into Clint and he spoke to us for a good 10 minutes with absolutely no rush about him. At the time, he was throwing all sorts of questions at us about Alves so I reckon he thinks he could still be doing a job in our defence! :lol:

One thing that sticks is he couldn’t stress how much the players respect Graeme Murty.

Think I will give that a go, is the ground near the centre or easy to get to? I'd take the train/bus rather than drive to sample the beer:lol:

Remember the outrage when we signed the old boy, left the club with a place in our hearts proving the doubters wrong.

I'd of liked him to of stayed another year but glad he never because he left us with fond memories rather than being a whipping boy like miller

25 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Think I will give that a go, is the ground near the centre or easy to get to? I'd take the train/bus rather than drive to sample the beer:lol:

It’s a 20 minutes walk from the station, and there’s a pub right across the road from it called The Hive. Good buzz about the place.

Love the big lad ! Showed what's needed to wear our shirt ! Another who never makes a bad comment or takes a potshot  at us unlike that wee dick that was a captain for us.

Clint was a bright light in a dark season the same as Vuckic was . Two best players for their seasons , never legends but welcome back anytime.

5 hours ago, Essandoh said:

True. Alves could beat a Boeing 747 to a ball in the air anywhere else on the pitch but when it comes to set pieces he’s virtually non-existent in the box.

Pretty much the first thing he did for us was smack an amazing free kick in. I don’t know why he stopped taking them.

10 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Brilliant mate 

15 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's just a shame he wasn't given another year.  You could make a case it was because of his age but he was replaced with a 36 year old.  We've now ended up with Russell Martin on loan and Wilson's fucked off.  Tell him to get his training gear out and head back up North.

Id have him back in a effin heartbeat !!!

8 hours ago, Essandoh said:

It’s a 20 minutes walk from the station, and there’s a pub right across the road from it called The Hive. Good buzz about the place.

The Bee Hive isn't it. It's a good pub and very handy. I think there's a train back to Glasgow around 540pm, but last train is about 9pm, so it gives plenty scope for a 4 hour session after the game, then a carry out for the train to Central. Arrive back in Glasgow about ten thirty. Still time for a good few beers in the town.