Bronzy

*** The Official Partick Thistle v Rangers Thread ***

Connor Sammon Hattrick incoming 

Just watching highlights from the league cup win there earlier in the season. 5:48, Holt "fucking brilliant son" haha.

Our midfield is where it will be won or lost.  I’ll be astounded if we win this game as under murty we always lose 2 in a row

3 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Our midfield is where it will be won or lost.  I’ll be astounded if we win this game as under murty we always lose 2 in a row

If that's the case the cunt shouldn't be allowed back in at Auchenhowie. And the board should be banned from Ibrox as well while we are at it!

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's the same as Kranjcar on the bench bad. 

He's finished. 

I’d still rather have Miller on the bench than Herrera. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

Just watching highlights from the league cup win there earlier in the season. 5:48, Holt "fucking brilliant son" haha.

Sammon bullying us until McCrorie came on :megaanguish: 

Hopefully don't miss us scoring again.

I'd like to see us playing with 2 up front.

I fucking hate the idea of us playing 1 up front against teams like Partick  Thistle.

We should be battering them from kick off until final whistle, not playing so guarded.?

5 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'd like to see us playing with 2 up front.

I fucking hate the idea of us playing 1 up front against teams like Partick  Thistle.

We should be battering them from kick off until final whistle, not playing so guarded.?

It'd be a unique game where a Rangers team under Murty comes out so suitably motivated and inspired to set about battering the opposition.   I just can't see Murty having the sort of command authority that gets a fighting, battering, combative mode out of his players and they then translate that into commanding match winning displays where Rangers' authority and power are stamped all over the game.   No,  its cagey cagey, softly softly take time to play their way into the game, show more respect than is really necessary, allow themselves to be shoved about and so on.   A commanding Rangers team under Murty?    Nope......can't see it. 

You’ll see it tomorrow. 0-5. Morelos, Cummings and a late Miller time goal. 

41 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

It'd be a unique game where a Rangers team under Murty comes out so suitably motivated and inspired to set about battering the opposition.   I just can't see Murty having the sort of command authority that gets a fighting, battering, combative mode out of his players and they then translate that into commanding match winning displays where Rangers' authority and power are stamped all over the game.   No,  its cagey cagey, softly softly take time to play their way into the game, show more respect than is really necessary, allow themselves to be shoved about and so on.   A commanding Rangers team under Murty?    Nope......can't see it. 

Totally agree. He’s not the kind of manager to light a fire under their arses. Players aren’t afraid to underperform.

Its kinda like seeing Warburton back in charge.

I agree geo was just saying that to my mate at work last night it's like Mark Warburton all over again. Gm is just as predictable as mw and  will play his favourites even if off form and don't get me started on his tactics and subs ffs.

1 hour ago, James Rolle said:

You’ll see it tomorrow. 0-5. Morelos, Cummings and a late Miller time goal. 

Bet you wee fucking don't!

11 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Bet you wee fucking don't!

We’ve got one in the locker and tomorrow it’s time, you’ll see mate.

I put a few quid on some permutations, Morelos and Cummings both to score with us winning 3, 4 and 5-0! Fuck it, why not? 

This is going to be a difficult one for us if we turn up like we did against the junkies. Hopefully we'll see a reaction and less inept tactics and more balls by Murty.

3 hours ago, Siwel said:

Connor Sammon Hattrick incoming 

Didnt hearts recall him?

12 minutes ago, RossRFC1 said:

Didnt hearts recall him?

Nope, we should have went for him in January tbh.

10 hours ago, James Rolle said:

I put a few quid on some permutations, Morelos and Cummings both to score with us winning 3, 4 and 5-0! Fuck it, why not? 

Because we’ve not scudded a team like that in years, we’ve struggled in the past 3-4 games there, they will be right up for it, confidence could be down from Saturday. 

I’m sure there will be more.

Partick away is never an easy tie . Ever

Was never easy when we were in our pomp .

It's a Glasgow derby . I think winning the game is all that should be required .

Hopefully a nice wee postponement here if the snow comes in.if not will be surprised if we can muster a draw in this one

If Murty can't (and the team) don't beat PT then he must know himself that he's only marking time.

11 hours ago, James Rolle said:

Trying a bit too hard there, Padraig.