*** The Official Partick Thistle v Rangers Thread ***

Bronzy

Just now, Gustav said:

How many strikers do the scum play? Or Man City? Or Bayern Munich? Or PSG? Or Wolves? Or any other team who are walking their league? 1.  To say it doesn't work is mad.

I'd like to see them get some game time together but this sudden fascination with 2 up top is hilarious.

Those first 3 teams all have wide men of exceptional quality. Who can add at least 10 goals a season. Murtys formation is more that of spurs. They prefer a 4231 with dembele or wanyama as part of the 2. Having watched spurs a lot they would be mid table without kane. They can really struggle to brake reams down

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

How many strikers do the scum play? Or Man City? Or Bayern Munich? Or PSG? Or Wolves? Or any other team who are walking their league? 1.  To say it doesn't work is mad.

I'd like to see them get some game time together but this sudden fascination with 2 up top is hilarious.

I don’t give a fuck what they do. 

It isn’t working for us and if you can’t see that that’s your problem. 

How many chances has Cummings had over the last few games??? 

2 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

Cummings played well holding up ball etc but was isolated and not going to score lots of goals in this system

Windass utter pish

Docherty running on to Cummings hold up play may have been a better option, then again Josh scored and had almost one assist.  Shoooooosh :whistle:

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I don’t give a fuck what they do. 

It isn’t working for us and if you can’t see that that’s your problem. 

How many chances has Cummings had over the last few games??? 

:lol: 2 up front wasn't working earlier in the season earlier. It did work tonight and other than Saturday has been working for us recently.

Not enough, I'm not denying that the service has been poor. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

and a victory tonight seems to reset everybody to "its all working!! we are brilliant!!, why the criticism??"

Not really. Tonight is a good result in a tricky fixture. I'm sure we all realise the big picture is still hanging jauntily on the wall, though.

and a victory tonight seems to reset everybody to "its all working!! we are brilliant!!, why the criticism??"

Exactly we win tonight we win on Sunday and it’s your all a shower of bipolar fuckwits. 

Then boom we get fucked at home and it’s here we go again. 

7 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That was very workmanlike. The cry for 2 up front or any other formation for that matter is, for me, immaterial. 

There are still too many bang average players wearing our shirts. That’s the real issue. 

I agree with the average players comment, but the 2 up front thing I think is more about the 2 players we have for it and their style of play, not just the sake of doing it for a laugh. 

Both Cummings and Morelos both perform far better with someone playing beside them and creating good chances in the box. I think they could form a really good partnership given the chance, however got a feeling we might only see it happen a handful of times and not enough to be as effective as it could 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Docherty running on to Cummings hold up play may have been a better option, then again Josh scored and had almost one assist.  Shoooooosh :whistle:

I agree. A 3rd central midfield player bursting into the hole would allow cummings to focus more on peeling away. Windass just hasnt got the ability or brain for that role

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Hiy av gave windass benefit of doubt for ages now but its gettin too much now. No good enough

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

:lol: 2 up front wasn't working earlier in the season earlier. It did work tonight and other than Saturday has been working for us recently.

Not enough, I'm not denying that the service has been poor. 

It’s been working???? 

I must’ve imagined all those dropped points. 

I hope you don’t claim that Miller up alongside Morelos was a front 2 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

well mate i hope so - because that simply isnt good enough

I 100% agree, a win is a win, but tonight could have been like Saturday though, lets say Sammon scores doesn't hit the post.

Pleased with the points, but that was a hard watch.

Utter dross the first 45, improved a bit the second as Thistle didn't press us so much.

The amount of back passing is fucking dreadful. I'm getting warburtonitis fever from it.

We were disjointed throughout the game. Between a mix of high balls to Cummings and taking too long in going forward when it's on the deck, it was reminding me of Warburton plays. Cummings was devoid of service. He'll need to make his own goals, because we are now devoid of a system, being little creativity in the midfield and a distinct lack of through balls.

It is becoming obvious that Murty isn't for playing Cummings and Morelas together, which is rather cowardly when playing against shite like Thistle.

As for Windass and his goal, a well done, but contributes little else when we need it, in being devoid of technical ability. It would be far more productive with Morelos and Cummings.

The one positive for me was Bates. Another stalwart performance and I hope this lad continues to improve.

All in all, no fluency, no cutting edge. Struggle to impose ourselves. As disjointed a performance as you'll see and you can also see why Thistle rest at the bottom end of the league. 

Still, it's 3 points gained, but we must do better.

Next up.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s been working???? 

I must’ve imagined all those dropped points. 

I hope you don’t claim that Miller up alongside Morelos was a front 2 

I said recently...

It was 2 up front, he dropped deeper but his position was as a striker

Thought Cummings done brilliantly given he was so isolated - and no thats not me banging on about 2 up front - its a simple fact.

Feel sorry for him, he wasn’t brought here to work is arse off dropping deep to try and make up for a poor midfield. 

Hes here to get in the box and get on the final ball and bang in a barrel load of goals. 

13 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:
17 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He does put in some good balls but a lot of the time he puts it where the striker isn't. He could do better

Fixed that for you. 

I agree to an extent. It's just that Isaw about 2 or 3 crosses in perfect positions but our players went to the wrong area. Annoys the fuck outa me. I mind when Coisty & Hateley used to make diagonal runs, one to the back, one to the front.

Had to read that a few times before I saw the edit :happy:

Playing 2 up front would make all the difference once they got an understanding between them, but it doesn't seem like Murty is going to do that. Makes me wonder why he signed Cummings when we have Morelos. Playing an attacking midfielder like Docherty instead of Windass might help, but it doesn't seem like Murty is going to do that either.

Archived